Hs girls 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my prediction was questioned a couple pages back on the NS v CC game. Ended a tie :) I do think the globe is mistaken though in saying they played twice, seems impossible based on records below. The DCL title is a two horse race and possibly these two teams contend for D2 and D2 titles

Newton South maintained the top spot in the Globe’s Top 20 rankings after a hard-fought 1-1 tie with No. 11 Concord-Carlisle on Monday night. In their second matchup of the season, No. 8 Hingham throttled No. 6 Natick, 4-1, to even the season series at one win apiece. No. 18 Bridgewater-Raynham and No. 19 Austin Prep resurfaced in the Top 20 this week with convincing weeks, respectively. Records based on scores reported to the Globe.

The Globe poll as of Oct. 9, 2018. Teams were selected by the Globe sports staff.

NO. TEAM RECORD PREVIOUS
    1. Newton South 10-0-1 1
    2. Danvers 9-1-1 3
    3. Mansfield 9-0-1 4
    4. Marshfield 8-0-0 6
    5. Medway 9-1-1 7
    6. Natick 6-1-2 2
    7. Brookline 8-1-2 8
    8. Hingham 5-1-2 12
    9. Whitman-Hanson 6-1-2 5
    10. Masconomet 11-0-0 9
    11. Concord-Carlisle 8-0-1 16
    12. Norwell 9-1-1 11
    13. Winchester 10-1-0 13
    14. Bishop Feehan 9-0-1 15
    15. King Philip 7-3-1 10
    16. Notre Dame (Hingham) 7-2-2 14
    17. North Andover 8-0-4 17
    18. Bridgewater-Raynham 9-1-0 –
    19. Austin Prep 12-1-0 –
    20. Holliston 8-0-0 19
    Last update: Tue., Oct. 9, 2018, 11:58 a.m. ET

Comment

Newton - D1
      Concord - D2
      Title contenders respectively that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So my prediction was questioned a couple pages back on the NS v CC game. Ended a tie :) I do think the globe is mistaken though in saying they played twice, seems impossible based on records below. The DCL title is a two horse race and possibly these two teams contend for D2 and D2 titles

Newton South maintained the top spot in the Globe’s Top 20 rankings after a hard-fought 1-1 tie with No. 11 Concord-Carlisle on Monday night. In their second matchup of the season, No. 8 Hingham throttled No. 6 Natick, 4-1, to even the season series at one win apiece. No. 18 Bridgewater-Raynham and No. 19 Austin Prep resurfaced in the Top 20 this week with convincing weeks, respectively. Records based on scores reported to the Globe.

The Globe poll as of Oct. 9, 2018. Teams were selected by the Globe sports staff.

NO. TEAM RECORD PREVIOUS
        1. Newton South 10-0-1 1
        2. Danvers 9-1-1 3
        3. Mansfield 9-0-1 4
        4. Marshfield 8-0-0 6
        5. Medway 9-1-1 7
        6. Natick 6-1-2 2
        7. Brookline 8-1-2 8
        8. Hingham 5-1-2 12
        9. Whitman-Hanson 6-1-2 5
        10. Masconomet 11-0-0 9
        11. Concord-Carlisle 8-0-1 16
        12. Norwell 9-1-1 11
        13. Winchester 10-1-0 13
        14. Bishop Feehan 9-0-1 15
        15. King Philip 7-3-1 10
        16. Notre Dame (Hingham) 7-2-2 14
        17. North Andover 8-0-4 17
        18. Bridgewater-Raynham 9-1-0 –
        19. Austin Prep 12-1-0 –
        20. Holliston 8-0-0 19
        Last update: Tue., Oct. 9, 2018, 11:58 a.m. ET
        I have seen them play and think this is the year Mansfield makes a deep run. Other teams ( OA, Franklin and KP) from their league have had success at states in the past 10 years and the Hornets have a bunch of seniors who are hungry this time

Comment

Who won LS AB game?

Comment

Who won LS AB game?
            1-1. LS ties it up with three minutes in regulation

Comment

1-1. LS ties it up with three minutes in regulation
              Two teams wondering if they will scrape up the points to make the post season.

Comment

Two teams wondering if they will scrape up the points to make the post season.
                Can you explain please

Comment

Results?

Comment

Results?
                    I was asking how many points does a team to make it into play offs

Comment

I was asking how many points does a team to make it into play offs
                      General rule is .500 or better. If you play 20 games, you need 20 points

Win or second place in your league gets you in; and Sullivan rule available for non D1 teams - can be .500 or better against teams in your own division

Comment

General rule is .500 or better. If you play 20 games, you need 20 points

Win or second place in your league gets you in; and Sullivan rule available for non D1 teams - can be .500 or better against teams in your own division
                        Sullivan Rule: League has to be made up of a majority of teams in a higher division, not just D1. If a league has majority D2 teams and your team is D3, only D3 games or lower will count toward seeding record. You see a lot of this in the lower levels and then teams from bigger conferences typically do pretty well in D3 and D4 tournaments because they play a tougher schedule.

Comment

Results?
                          Hanover 4-2 Scituate

What is happening on the Irish riviera 😂

Comment

NS v CC 1 to 1 final
                            It was a battle

Comment

NS v CC 1 to 1 final
                              It was a battle
                              I like both programs - I know some here don’t - good luck to both in the playoffs and I’ll guess as undisputed DCL Large and Small champions respectively.

Any other league championships already decided?

Comment

Walpole Girls 1 Natick 0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X