Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside Nor'easter Soccer Club

I watched a couple of games involving teams from this club at this weekend's Nashua WC Columbus Day Tournament. Their level of sportsmanship was in the gutter - is this normal for MA teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I watched a couple of games involving teams from this club at this weekend's Nashua WC Columbus Day Tournament. Their level of sportsmanship was in the gutter - is this normal for MA teams?
    It is true for every youth sports team and triple for teams in the northeast .... 5-10x for teams from Long Island, NJ or Philly.

Comment

Are they associated with the Bayside Rhode Island?

If so....yeeeeesshh...

Comment

It is true for every youth sports team and triple for teams in the northeast .... 5-10x for teams from Long Island, NJ or Philly.
        Nothing in New England can compare to ny/nj people. They are off the charts, starting with many of the coaches

Comment

We are from RI and we get a bad rap because of Bayside parents and they deserve it. They are awful. And my oldest spent one year at Nor’easter very early on, and those parents were embarrassing too. Put them together and you have a match made in soccer parent Hell. Screaming non-stop at refs, kids, parents is pretty much mandated to be on those sidelines.

Comment

We are from RI and we get a bad rap because of Bayside parents and they deserve it. They are awful. And my oldest spent one year at Nor’easter very early on, and those parents were embarrassing too. Put them together and you have a match made in soccer parent Hell. Screaming non-stop at refs, kids, parents is pretty much mandated to be on those sidelines.
            Funny you say this. My kid has played against 2 teams from RI, and both had sideline parents from hell. One of those clubs was Bayside. I was talking to somebody about this and it was like common knowledge to them that parents from RI were sideline crazies. I'm like really? They said yep, really. Something in the water down there?

Comment

Funny you say this. My kid has played against 2 teams from RI, and both had sideline parents from hell. One of those clubs was Bayside. I was talking to somebody about this and it was like common knowledge to them that parents from RI were sideline crazies. I'm like really? They said yep, really. Something in the water down there?
              To clarify, it’s not all of us really! The Bayside parent insanity is real and is where the bad reputation comes from. There are certain pockets on the travel level too, and Nor’easter is actually a MA team out of Fall River/New Bedford area. But most of the sane RI parents move their kids to NEFC or Stars.

Comment

So you watched one team and assume all MA teams act this way...interesting

Comment

So you watched one team and assume all MA teams act this way...interesting

Well, he did ask if it was normal, which would mean he didn't assume anything....

Comment

Well, he did ask if it was normal, which would mean he didn't assume anything....
                    Is it true the Bayside fields have had security fencing installed to keep the spectators a given distance from the fields? I have been told the fencing is like a cage.

Comment

Is it true the Bayside fields have had security fencing installed to keep the spectators a given distance from the fields? I have been told the fencing is like a cage.
                      More like a prison yard. Parents no longer allowed inside the fencing. Started because of a boys state cup a few years ago involving a huge parent sideline brawl. Like I said, classless. Gives all us RI parents a bad name, but it’s really just that club.

Comment

More like a prison yard. Parents no longer allowed inside the fencing. Started because of a boys state cup a few years ago involving a huge parent sideline brawl. Like I said, classless. Gives all us RI parents a bad name, but it’s really just that club.
                        Wow that's messed up, but not surprising as I have seen some really bad parent behavior at youth soccer games. It's usually younger age groups with inexperienced soccer parents. It usually starts from the top via a loudmouth belligerent coach. Then the parents mimic that behavior and feel that it's ok for them too. The worst I've ever seen is at a tournament down in NJ. Sweatpant & Wifebeater Tshirt Guidos on steroids yelling at the ref in a U11 Final how bad he sucked, eventually escalating to swearing and constant name calling. Nobody tried to stop it. Coach of the team did nothing. It was embarrassing.

Comment

I’ve been to a lot of tournaments and league games and can honestly say most parents are like what you described. No clubs are excluded. Some parents are passionate about the games and some parents see the game differently due to their soccer culture. Some also see it as a babysitting option for their kids. There is nothing wrong with being spirited and passionated about the game. Makes for a better game. I also heard about the brawl you mentioned and it happens from time to time. I would hate to go watch a game and all I see are bunch of stiff with lawn chairs and books in their hands. If you think those behaviors are bad wait till you head down I-95 pass NY. I still remember Maryland parents reminded us at Region 1 “welcome to real soccer” because their players were physically beaten up on our players on the field and their parents were cheering it on.

A former parent

Comment

Poor sideline behavior never happens up here on the North-shore..... or west of town. Its those southerners that don't/won't use self control, and conduct themselves like civilized humans.

Comment

Wow! Random thread to resurrect???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X