• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered
    what age?
    u16/17.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not sure what you arguing. I wasn’t really debating the discovery player loophole. That is just a way for stud players who want to play HS to do so without a waiver. Some may be listed as a discovery player for the fall, and some may actually not even be on any club roster for the fall. They are just “discovered” in November and added (back) to the DA roster. Definitely a clever & sneaky loophole within the rules, but no still no actual rules being broken.

However, this in no way relates to the violations being discussed here, which is specifically addressing current DA players playing for the HS AT THE SAME TIME. Rules definitely being broken with that.
      Yes many clubs use the add-in period for this miraculous players that came out of the blue! Where had they been all that time? :)

Of course USSF knows it gets abused. They really don't care. Players can get added up until April, I mean what's the point? USSF doesn't care about HS at all. They know clubs use it to keep the better talent as well as keep the checks coming in. USSF and clubs only care about a tiny fraction of players at all. Families need to accept that reality if they want to be a part of it.

Comment

They really dont, but keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. Do you REALLY think a coach that you would WANT your kid to play for, filters out players based on anything OTHER than what he or his staff see as talent? Are you that desperate to be "recruited" that you overlook things like that?

Not the OP. When you read a resume from a kid that went to Harvard and then one who went to a State School, which one peaks your interest first? Now let's say you have 20 resumes, and you need to fill 1 spot, and 10 of those resumes are from kids at State schools, the other 10 from Harvard. Which resumes do you look at first? Do you even get to the kids at the State schools? Do you read all the resumes regardless? As a person in a hiring position, I stop reading resumes at a certain point when I think I have what I need. It's a valid analogy. That said I have no idea how many kids the coaches look at for their teams on a yearly basis vs. how many kids are reaching out to these coaches, but I'm guessing the number of applicants far exceeds what the coach needs...so it's likely NPL resumes will be lower priority.

Comment

Correct. Even without the discovery rule, there are times during the year when players can be added consistent with DA rules. The problem with that is one of those times, I believe, is after the big showcase.
          It's not a problem in the NE, the timing works with when the HS season runs. Last year there was a big brouhaha in FL because HS runs late November to February. Some players were playing HS and the December showcase, and still playing both when the DA training started back up in mid January. They also may have been violating some HS state rules too but I don't remember what the rules were.

Comment

Not the OP. When you read a resume from a kid that went to Harvard and then one who went to a State School, which one peaks your interest first? Now let's say you have 20 resumes, and you need to fill 1 spot, and 10 of those resumes are from kids at State schools, the other 10 from Harvard. Which resumes do you look at first? Do you even get to the kids at the State schools? Do you read all the resumes regardless? As a person in a hiring position, I stop reading resumes at a certain point when I think I have what I need. It's a valid analogy. That said I have no idea how many kids the coaches look at for their teams on a yearly basis vs. how many kids are reaching out to these coaches, but I'm guessing the number of applicants far exceeds what the coach needs...so it's likely NPL resumes will be lower priority.
            In the hiring process you better do more than look at the candidates' college... Lol! Do you know what kind of a-h*les some of these Harvard, etc... kids are? (Trust me, graduated from a well known -- step below Harvard but not by much -- school).

Comment

In the hiring process you better do more than look at the candidates' college... Lol! Do you know what kind of a-h*les some of these Harvard, etc... kids are? (Trust me, graduated from a well known -- step below Harvard but not by much -- school).
              Once you've been out of school for two years where you went to college is at the bottom of importance list for employers. A top school can open more doors coming out of school and definitely has a bigger network. But the candidate still has to seal the deal with experience, future potential, fit with company culture etc.

Comment

Harvard name only peaks my interest until I read both resumes and compare notes. When I see both kids did well in school but the state school kid has been working his whole life to put himself through school and the Harvard kid volunteered in Ghana but has nothing else, I can find lots of sympathy for the underdog if he has earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  What? In the same season? Is that an ISL violation?
                  Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Comment

Terrible analogy. Soccer is a tiny community. The soccer coach already has intel before he/she shows up IF he/she is from a school you would want your kid to play at. its not some random show up to watch an hope to find a hidden gem process.

If kids are not being looked at by good schools , its not because of the league they play in.

Comment

Trying to figure out the strength of these new GDA clubs. Here is how they are doing:

Doing Alright
                      Arlington 2-1-2 (no older divisions)
                      Michigan Jaguars 3-3-3
                      Seacoast 5-5-1
                      Utah Royals 4-5-2

Struggling badly (some of these clubs never should have been added)
                      CSA Impact 0-4-2
                      FC Albertson 0-7-2
                      Oklahoma Energy is 0-11
                      FC Albertson 0-9-2
                      Sporting Omaha 0-7-1

SJEB - confused as to what they are called

Comment

It's fascinating that NEFC has now amended its listing on the GDA website to make it look as though the girls who were playing high school were not also playing DA at the same time, so now it looks like those ineligible girls didn't play even though everyone knows they did. Class act.

Comment

It's fascinating that NEFC has now amended its listing on the GDA website to make it look as though the girls who were playing high school were not also playing DA at the same time, so now it looks like those ineligible girls didn't play even though everyone knows they did. Class act.
                          Seacoast girls still doing both. One had her name in the paper today for scoring for her high school team and she played for Seacoast in their last game. US Soccer should have put a stop to it, but they didn’t. Every player should break the no high school rule. There are no consequences, and if your club cuts you then call US Soccer and complain.

Comment

Seacoast girls still doing both. One had her name in the paper today for scoring for her high school team and she played for Seacoast in their last game. US Soccer should have put a stop to it, but they didn’t. Every player should break the no high school rule. There are no consequences, and if your club cuts you then call US Soccer and complain.
                            So I look it like this. If your a good player you can do whatever you want. The only good thing with 2 higher level leagues is there are options for players.
                            Good Player x says I want to do GDA but I want to play high school soccer.
                            NEFC says no
                            Player x says okay I'm taking my talents to stars/scorps
                            NEFC says wait we will over look the rule.
                            GDA is just like all the other leagues. They have a good idea then realize either that it's not going to work in real life or it's hard to enforce.
                            Only players that fear the rules are the bubble players.

Comment

So I look it like this. If your a good player you can do whatever you want. The only good thing with 2 higher level leagues is there are options for players.
                              Good Player x says I want to do GDA but I want to play high school soccer.
                              NEFC says no
                              Player x says okay I'm taking my talents to stars/scorps
                              NEFC says wait we will over look the rule.
                              GDA is just like all the other leagues. They have a good idea then realize either that it's not going to work in real life or it's hard to enforce.
                              Only players that fear the rules are the bubble players.
                              Look. The players have no control over this nonsense stew of leagues. They are trying to work in this crappy environment not of their doing, so if they can work out a way to play and thrive...good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                that's surprisingly sleazy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X