Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see they have you drinking the koolaid. If that is your ultimate you can get scholarship $ playing at SPOL. My oldest has since aged out but more that half her team went on to play in college. More could have but it just wasn't the hat they wanted. I will say this, no D1 but I don't think that would have changed if put some other initials on the teams jersey.
    Speaking of drinking the koolaid....

I mean, you admit none of the players went onto a position of getting $$ to pay, you don't think it would change if put into another environment, which means you don't know.

Real hard-hitting commentary there.

Comment

I see they have you drinking the koolaid. If that is your ultimate you can get scholarship $ playing at SPOL. My oldest has since aged out but more that half her team went on to play in college. More could have but it just wasn't the hat they wanted. I will say this, no D1 but I don't think that would have changed if put some other initials on the teams jersey.
      You just made my point. How many signed NLIs? Even crap players from a good club get $. Good players from a crap club...not so much. I don't need to drink any kool-aid because I speak from experience.

Comment

You just made my point. How many signed NLIs? Even crap players from a good club get $. Good players from a crap club...not so much. I don't need to drink any kool-aid because I speak from experience.
        Funny how you interpret this to fit your needs. I did say no D1 commitments but nowhere did I say no D1 offers. At the end of the day not everyone is a fit for D1 and not every parent forces their kid to make a decision based on $.

Comment

The only things you should be concerned about during a girls 2007 game, in order:

1. The complete anihilation of the other team.
          2. Screaming at your kid “push her back!” at least five times.
          3. Cheering as loud as possible when your team just added to the five goal lead with under two minutes to play.
          4. ******* off the parents from the other team by asking them if they have won any games yet this year on the way to the parking lot.

College scholarships, the national team, whether your kid had fun and where we are getting ice cream after the game are secondary concerns.

Comment

Funny how you interpret this to fit your needs. I did say no D1 commitments but nowhere did I say no D1 offers. At the end of the day not everyone is a fit for D1 and not every parent forces their kid to make a decision based on $.

How many?

Comment

So, in the history of this club, many players have been offered D1 scholarships and every single one has turned it down because it wasn't a good fit? Not one player had the determination or drive to continue on? Wow. That's amazing. You would think at least one would try and then quit once they got to school. I have seen the error in my thinking. I now endorse this club as a path to college soccer, but only for those who do not actually desire it.

Comment

Well, when you said you doubted it would change based on the letters it was pretty clear (at least to me) that meant no offers.

So, are you trying to say if someone DID play in a higher league, they would get the same offers potentially but WOULD accept them?

Second question...are we talking about Spirit of Liverpool and having D1-caliber players?

Comment

So, in the history of this club, many players have been offered D1 scholarships and every single one has turned it down because it wasn't a good fit? Not one player had the determination or drive to continue on? Wow. That's amazing. You would think at least one would try and then quit once they got to school. I have seen the error in my thinking. I now endorse this club as a path to college soccer, but only for those who do not actually desire it.
                  I can't speak for the entire club, I only mentioned one team. Point being you can play at a smaller club and be offered $

Percentage wise what is the number who sign NLI's at the mega clubs

Comment

I can't speak for the entire club, I only mentioned one team. Point being you can play at a smaller club and be offered $

Of course it's possible. It's just harder, but not impossible.

75% of people playing at mega clubs are not in the market for play beyond HS. So, compare the top teams of mega clubs vs. top teams of Spirit of Liverpool (which still makes me chuckle heartily, I might add)

Comment

Well, since the national average of HS players to college players is 5.5% I would assume it is much less than that. Your chances will be greatly impaired for a club that small. You can sign an NLI for a book scholarship. Is that considered an offer?

Comment

This is just another version of the a good D3 team can beat a bad D1 team argument. Of course it can happen at any given time, but can it happen consistently over a large span of time. And the answer is no. Can a player out of SOL in Oxford, MA get some scholarship money? Yep, but is it something that happens often enough to be noteworthy? I'm gonna say no. Unless we count all those kids who turned down scholarships.

Comment

The only things you should be concerned about during a girls 2007 game, in order:

1. The complete anihilation of the other team.
                          2. Screaming at your kid “push her back!” at least five times.
                          3. Cheering as loud as possible when your team just added to the five goal lead with under two minutes to play.
                          4. ******* off the parents from the other team by asking them if they have won any games yet this year on the way to the parking lot.

College scholarships, the national team, whether your kid had fun and where we are getting ice cream after the game are secondary concerns.
                          Beautiful, right on. Our family is having so much fun. We hope our D sticks with it but only time will tell. Just enjoying the ride!

Comment

This is just another version of the a good D3 team can beat a bad D1 team argument. Of course it can happen at any given time, but can it happen consistently over a large span of time. And the answer is no. Can a player out of SOL in Oxford, MA get some scholarship money? Yep, but is it something that happens often enough to be noteworthy? I'm gonna say no. Unless we count all those kids who turned down scholarships.
                            SPOL main focus is to instill love of game, teach the proper way to play, and foster a family club atmosphere. And for the most part, they have been extemely successful, even when you factor in location. They have promoted 12 or so players to higher league play with best wishes, mainly after u14, so they have done all the development work. And yes, 3 or 4 are now or have been at the d1 level. And many at the club have gone on to play d3.
                            The goal has never been club domination.
                            And they are the only club with true Liverpool roots, including visits from actual Liverpool legends and many team trips to Liverpool. They have created more true soccer fans than any club.

Comment

SPOL main focus is to instill love of game, teach the proper way to play, and foster a family club atmosphere. And for the most part, they have been extemely successful, even when you factor in location. They have promoted 12 or so players to higher league play with best wishes, mainly after u14, so they have done all the development work. And yes, 3 or 4 are now or have been at the d1 level. And many at the club have gone on to play d3.
                              And they are the only club with true Liverpool roots, including visits from actual Liverpool legends and many team trips to Liverpool. They have created more true soccer fans than any club.
                              This is a load of crap!! This is the line they sell because they have no choice. The classic spin game. They can't hold on to these players so they tell you they are happy to see them move on. And you don't get to claim D1 players that moved on to other clubs. The whole point of this line of questioning is whether or not SPOL can put a player into D1, and from your post the answer is a resounding no!

Comment

Is that you Bernie? Paul?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X