Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    While it’s normally not good sportsmanship to run up the score that much, it is up to the other team to enter Presidents Cup instead. State Cup isn’t the time to hold back because the winning teams have to prepare for better competition at Regionals. For Salem’s part, maybe they knew they would lose big but used the game as a learning experience. It’s not like Salem was losing 14-0 every game. This game was a big mismatch is all. It’s nothing to get all worked up about on either side.
    While I agree to an extent you have to admit that to run the score up like that is avoidable. To do that is disrespectful. In the end it is not a surprise that the DOC and coaching staff from FCSC did this. They are two soccer coaches with some of the biggest egos in the Portland metro area. They will be representing Oregon because they know that they couldn’t represent Washington......they are simply not good enough to do so.

Comment

While I agree to an extent you have to admit that to run the score up like that is avoidable. To do that is disrespectful. In the end it is not a surprise that the DOC and coaching staff from FCSC did this. They are two soccer coaches with some of the biggest egos in the Portland metro area. They will be representing Oregon because they know that they couldn’t represent Washington......they are simply not good enough to do so.
      1. That’s OYSA’s fault for letting Washington teams compete in Oregon State Cup.
      2. OYSA needs to make some mercy rules if sportsmanship is important.

Comment

Tina ellertson and joe frimpong
        Running up a 14-0 score is low class. Really bad karma. When you do bad things, bad things come back to you.

Comment

1. That’s OYSA’s fault for letting Washington teams compete in Oregon State Cup.
          2. OYSA needs to make some mercy rules if sportsmanship is important.
          You sound like a typical liberal. Can’t you look at it how it is?
          It’s always the system that failed us? This post above is the reason why our society is in a tailspin. There’s no accountability. Someone shoots another person and it’s the NRA or the guns fault, it’s never the person who shot the gun.

Listen, running the score up 14-0 doesn’t just show a lack of class it also show a lack of coaching ability. You have a DOC who got his B license in the late 80’s teaching an outdated style of game. Even worse is his daughter is learning from him. In the end it’s not a big deal because we are only talking about a couple of teams with decent players. FCSC only had two decent teams. The remainder of players are 2nd and 3rd tiered players. Once the ‘00’s graduate FCSC will have one decent athletic team in their ‘08’s. This is where all of their energy will go which will p!ss off the other teams. It’s the next generation granddaughter so they will get all the love. By the way, I’ve watched this ‘08 team play and they are very athletic with one good player. Their style of play is very recreational but is expected knowing who is coaching. It’s funny to watch these coaches coach U10 girls like it’s a college game. EVERY game is coached to win because if they win they think players will come to them. Parents are much smarter these days and know better.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Running up a 14-0 score is low class. Really bad karma. When you do bad things, bad things come back to you.
            Keep it classy.

When you hit the 10th goal did it occur to you to respect the game and your opponent?

Comment

Without having seen the game it’s impossible to judge Salmon Creek. If they have a roster of 17-18 and they played all their bench players most of the game - what more do you want them to do? It’s not their fault an inferior opponent chose to enter state cup.

Cfc is easy to blame here. They knew they entered their team in a tournament that was over their heads. And now they’re on here crying about the beating they took. Yes it sucks to lose that bad. But instead of grumping at Salmon Creek, ask your coach and club why they hung you out to dry.
              Two sides to every coin.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Keep it classy.

When you hit the 10th goal did it occur to you to respect the game and your opponent?

Class and respect would prevent a 14-0 run up.

No need to bash them too much here. As mentioned above, karma is pretty reliable.

Comment

14-0 isn't just because the other team is awful. It's because they are awful and the other team and coach has no class or understanding of what they are doing.

Comment

She really sucks as a goalie and her parents are the worst of the worst type of people. Just terrible. They got what they deserve, karma karma karma
                    You're despicable. Nothing more to say.

Comment

Class and respect would prevent a 14-0 run up.

No need to bash them too much here. As mentioned above, karma is pretty reliable.
                      I agree with this. I wouldn't even shake that coaches hand after the game.

Comment

What is the name of the coach that ran up 14 goals on a team?
                        I know what I would call them but no need to sink to their level.

Comment

You're despicable. Nothing more to say.
                          Despicable me 👍

Comment

I agree with this. I wouldn't even shake that coaches hand after the game.
                            Give it s rest they could’ve beat em 30/0 14 was being nice

Comment

Without having seen the game it’s impossible to judge Salmon Creek. If they have a roster of 17-18 and they played all their bench players most of the game - what more do you want them to do? It’s not their fault an inferior opponent chose to enter state cup.

Cfc is easy to blame here. They knew they entered their team in a tournament that was over their heads. And now they’re on here crying about the beating they took. Yes it sucks to lose that bad. But instead of grumping at Salmon Creek, ask your coach and club why they hung you out to dry.
                              A lot of issues. Not the least of which is that there are only one to three true premier teams (in state premier level) left per age group after defectors to ecnl or gda or one of the remaining decent oysa teams. Most of the teams that are put in Premier for league aren’t even premier. Then add in all the Division 1 and lower teams that join State Cup instead of Presidents Cup. Salmon Creek May have played their bench all game. Some players that never play or score might have finally enjoyed having a chance. Salem’s team would have fared much better if the club hadn’t abandoned 3 other age groups teams in favor of the 01 team. It was a mismatch. Who cares. Thorns Academy did the same thing when they were playing in OYSA league even though they were focusing on development over wins. It’s tough not to win by a lot when the teams are so outmatched. Personally, I don’t care about the score. Big deal. These aren’t little girls playing rec. My only complaint is Washington teams shouldn’t be allowed to play in the Oregon State Cup. Oregon has a hard enough time as it is.

Comment

A lot of issues. Not the least of which is that there are only one to three true premier teams (in state premier level) left per age group after defectors to ecnl or gda or one of the remaining decent oysa teams. Most of the teams that are put in Premier for league aren’t even premier. Then add in all the Division 1 and lower teams that join State Cup instead of Presidents Cup. Salmon Creek May have played their bench all game. Some players that never play or score might have finally enjoyed having a chance. Salem’s team would have fared much better if the club hadn’t abandoned 3 other age groups teams in favor of the 01 team. It was a mismatch. Who cares. Thorns Academy did the same thing when they were playing in OYSA league even though they were focusing on development over wins. It’s tough not to win by a lot when the teams are so outmatched. Personally, I don’t care about the score. Big deal. These aren’t little girls playing rec. My only complaint is Washington teams shouldn’t be allowed to play in the Oregon State Cup. Oregon has a hard enough time as it is.
                                Agree Washington teams need to stay in Washington

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X