X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk is cheap when it comes to the National Anthem

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2786749

Just in case you forgot, the networks have rarely shown the National Anthem for quite some time. They're too busy making money on commercials. Sorry Colin, the NFL was way ahead of you in pushing their unpatriotic message. :)

You too Megan!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Just in case you forgot, the networks have rarely shown the National Anthem for quite some time. They're too busy making money on commercials. Sorry Colin, the NFL was way ahead of you in pushing their unpatriotic message. :)

You too Megan!
    Amazing...10 hours and I'm the first to post on this....

Comment

Get ready. The head of HS refs did our game this weekend and he said the refs will be giving the red card for Offensive Gestures. Disrespect the national anthem and enjoy your 6 week suspension.

Comment

You too Megan!
        So the eff what.

Comment

Get ready. The head of HS refs did our game this weekend and he said the refs will be giving the red card for Offensive Gestures. Disrespect the national anthem and enjoy your 6 week suspension.
          sorry, I'm a referee that also does HS games, and this won't happen. Question: who is this offensive to? You? The referee? Doesn't matter if you or that referee doesn't like it. Offensive gestures is like if one kid flips off someone else or something of that ilk. This head ref you mention won't be the head ref much longer if he does pop a red for this.

I'm not a fan of Colin or Rapinoe doing this, but remember, we live in America and they have the right to do so, even though Rapinoe should only do it for the club games and if she feels the need to do it again during national team games she should not accept the honor of playing for her country! If you can't respect the flag, you shouldn't play for it!

Comment

I can understand and fully agree with the freedom of speech etc. But if people in Colin's level who can stroke checks, do fund raising, etc etc for the cause he is supporting easily...is he doing that?

I just remember reading about Pat Tillman who felt so strongly about a "cause" that he actually quit a lucrative and promising career playing NFL and gave the ultimate sacrifice so Colin and Megan can voice their protest in safety.

Comment

I can understand and fully agree with the freedom of speech etc. But if people in Colin's level who can stroke checks, do fund raising, etc etc for the cause he is supporting easily...is he doing that?

I just remember reading about Pat Tillman who felt so strongly about a "cause" that he actually quit a lucrative and promising career playing NFL and gave the ultimate sacrifice so Colin and Megan can voice their protest in safety.
              He's donating a million bucks of his own money and the proceeds of his jersey sales to community support organizations. So he is putting his money where his mouth is.

Comment

He's donating a million bucks of his own money and the proceeds of his jersey sales to community support organizations. So he is putting his money where his mouth is.

So much to protest what Colin and Megan are doing instead of what those idiots in Charlotte did last night...Tulsa looks like it is about to explode also.....This country is slowly going to have another civil war, except this time it's going to be whites v Blacks instead of North v south....SAD!

Comment

So much to protest what Colin and Megan are doing instead of what those idiots in Charlotte did last night...Tulsa looks like it is about to explode also.....This country is slowly going to have another civil war, except this time it's going to be whites v Blacks instead of North v south....SAD!
                  And a Black person is 27 times more likely to commit an act of violence against a white person than the opposite.

Comment

And a Black person is 27 times more likely to commit an act of violence against a white person than the opposite.
                    Ain't that some bull****....

BTW: even Trump disagrees with that shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/politi...nse/index.html

Comment

The guy made $38 million playing a sport funded predominantly by white anglo-saxon males, the very same demographic that makes up the majority of people who fought for this country to give him the right to protest, and others who wear a blue uniform while making sure his wealthy ass is safe from some thug trying to rob and kill him.

He gave away 2.6% of that money to charity (likely for the tax deduction), and that makes it OK for him to **** on the the efforts of those who fought and died for his rights and safety?

You're an idiot.

Comment

Is that all? I would have thought it's at least 100 times, if not more. They must be counting things like mortgages and employment discrimination in the crimes against blacks numbers.

Comment

Is that all? I would have thought it's at least 100 times, if not more. They must be counting things like mortgages and employment discrimination in the crimes against blacks numbers.
                          You know that saying in the black neighborhoods..." one dead white guy is one less that gets on our nerves and disrespects us"....

Comment

The guy made $38 million playing a sport funded predominantly by white anglo-saxon males, the very same demographic that makes up the majority of people who fought for this country to give him the right to protest, and others who wear a blue uniform while making sure his wealthy ass is safe from some thug trying to rob and kill him.

He gave away 2.6% of that money to charity (likely for the tax deduction), and that makes it OK for him to **** on the the efforts of those who fought and died for his rights and safety?

You're an idiot.
                            It's quite a leap to say that kneeling for the national anthem is offending those who fought and died for his rights and safety.

It is exactly his right to do so that makes our country great, and that's what people have fought and died for. Piss on the flag, burn it, whatever... it is your right to do so!!!

Sure, I don't like it, but it is completely your right. Yes, people have fought and died for that right, and the police are sworn to protect your safety while you do it.

Similarly, when I want to go buy a gun, that is my right. Guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. So don't try to take that right from me (any more than others want to take away Colin's right to protest under the 1st Amendment).

People, you can't have it both ways!!! Respect these rights. The conservatives need to stop bitching about a guy kneeling during the anthem. And the liberals need to stop bitching about people wanting to buy guns.

If you aren't OK with the rights given to us under the 1st and 2nd amendment, then just move to North Korea. The Supreme Leader will make sure you don't have to worry about it!!!

Comment

It's quite a leap to say that kneeling for the national anthem is offending those who fought and died for his rights and safety.

It is exactly his right to do so that makes our country great, and that's what people have fought and died for. Piss on the flag, burn it, whatever... it is your right to do so!!!

Sure, I don't like it, but it is completely your right. Yes, people have fought and died for that right, and the police are sworn to protect your safety while you do it.

Similarly, when I want to go buy a gun, that is my right. Guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. So don't try to take that right from me (any more than others want to take away Colin's right to protest under the 1st Amendment).

People, you can't have it both ways!!! Respect these rights. The conservatives need to stop bitching about a guy kneeling during the anthem. And the liberals need to stop bitching about people wanting to buy guns.

If you aren't OK with the rights given to us under the 1st and 2nd amendment, then just move to North Korea. The Supreme Leader will make sure you don't have to worry about it!!!
                              Just as it's your right to do these things it is the right of others to react negatively.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X