Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Early season it is a tough call. Teams have many new players it may take some time for them to figure it out. If your team is allowing more than three goals a game you have a long way to go. The teams that allow the fewest goals are usually the better teams.
    The teams that allow the fewest goals are not necessarily the better overall teams. They may have a strong defense and/or a strong keeper. I have seen some sh*t teams who rely heavily on their "world class" keepers for survival. Or that team that is average, but has a lock solid defense and can't score on them. Let's be real. It happens.

As for Leg A Z, I know for a FACT that one of the kids is a commit to Jacksonville. Didn't know about the FGCU player, but I am not surprised. People think a smaller, lesser known club can't mean there aren't D1 capable players on the team. Not true my friends.

Comment

Leg A-Z is gonna be **** this year.

Comment

The teams that allow the fewest goals are not necessarily the better overall teams. They may have a strong defense and/or a strong keeper. I have seen some sh*t teams who rely heavily on their "world class" keepers for survival. Or that team that is average, but has a lock solid defense and can't score on them. Let's be real. It happens.

As for Leg A Z, I know for a FACT that one of the kids is a commit to Jacksonville. Didn't know about the FGCU player, but I am not surprised. People think a smaller, lesser known club can't mean there aren't D1 capable players on the team. Not true my friends.

They have two committed to Jacksonville, one to FGCU and one of their players has been involved with the national team at the U19 level and was at one point training with the Colo-Colo side from Chile

Comment

Team Boca, Clay County (surprising?), Leg-A-Z, and Pinecrest win groups. I believe Davie as well. FSPL clubs did well

Comment

Team Boca, Clay County (surprising?), Leg-A-Z, and Pinecrest win groups. I believe Davie as well. FSPL clubs did well
            Wrong! There are a couple sleeper teams that will be right there at the end of the season. Keep this one handy so I can tell you I told you so in a few months.

Comment

Davie did and so did Braden River and WFF. That's 7 out of the 8 groups. Disappointment TBU.

Comment

Davie looked good, except against OCSC(tied) ( they were probably tired)

Comment

Wrong! There are a couple sleeper teams that will be right there at the end of the season. Keep this one handy so I can tell you I told you so in a few months.
                  Was not trying to diss Clay at all just had no idea about who they had or what they looked like this season. I did catch there game today against Team Boca. Definently competed although Boca had a goal disallowed that would have put it to sleep. I believe Clay actually were up. Also saw the Leg-A-Z vs Davie match. Saw a very early Davie goal after a pretty embarrassing mistake. Davie forward looks strong and causes problems. Didn't really think the 8-1 score against pinecrest matched them. Leg-A-Z on the other hand have a lot of talent across the board besides the 3 CBs in 3-5-2 formation and their goalie was pretty weak. The main cb looked completely overwhelmed by the Davie forward who had his way. If Davie can take the lead they are pretty comfortable defending if not they look shaky which might explain the pinecrest game. On that note pinecrest looked strong as well as Braden river looked to have improved a lot since last season. Our boys (WFF) played a good match vs FKK and narrowly lost to a good Boca team. Looks to be a good season!

Comment

Was not trying to diss Clay at all just had no idea about who they had or what they looked like this season. I did catch there game today against Team Boca. Definently competed although Boca had a goal disallowed that would have put it to sleep. I believe Clay actually were up. Also saw the Leg-A-Z vs Davie match. Saw a very early Davie goal after a pretty embarrassing mistake. Davie forward looks strong and causes problems. Didn't really think the 8-1 score against pinecrest matched them. Leg-A-Z on the other hand have a lot of talent across the board besides the 3 CBs in 3-5-2 formation and their goalie was pretty weak. The main cb looked completely overwhelmed by the Davie forward who had his way. If Davie can take the lead they are pretty comfortable defending if not they look shaky which might explain the pinecrest game. On that note pinecrest looked strong as well as Braden river looked to have improved a lot since last season. Our boys (WFF) played a good match vs FKK and narrowly lost to a good Boca team. Looks to be a good season!
                    It looks like the best teams won as expected - Pinecrest and Boca. It would have been interesting to see what the result would have been.

Comment

It looks like the best teams won as expected - Pinecrest and Boca. It would have been interesting to see what the result would have been.

Yes, I agree. With the age group shake up we are a little bit in the dark, some teams improved and some teams fell off.

Team Boca, performed as expected.
                      Braden River improved dramatically, almost beat Pinecrest (3 min away in regulation to beat them).
                      FKK, came out of nowhere and seemed to really improved with the age group change.
                      TBU, very disappointing showing.
                      WFF, seems to be the same as last year, low turnover team from year to year, pretty consistent, always competing.

Comment

Clay looked pretty good but I was not talking about them. You'll see. There's a sleeper out there that everyone is overlooking.

Comment

Clay looked pretty good but I was not talking about them. You'll see. There's a sleeper out there that everyone is overlooking.
                          We played a team in our bracket that might fall into that sleeper category. Decent team, had a key player who could be a difference maker for his team.

Comment

Care to bring them to light?

Comment

Care to bring them to light?
                              When the time is right!

Comment

When the time is right!
                                Any good games this weekend?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X