Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flagler College Soccer & Coach Ashley Martin

If you have a daughter considering playing women's soccer at Flagler College my advice would be to go someplace else. The program is run by a low level coach by the name of Ashley Martin. You can count on him to provide little knowledge of the game and even less passion for the sport. Not a good man and someone NOT to be trusted in my opinion. In fact as a human being I would rate him at the bottom of the barrel. As a coach I would rate him as Flagler's all time worst. He is a mean and vindictive man in my opinion. I can not understand why Flagler College or their athletic department would employ such a person. No integrity...

Obviously you have a personal vendetta against this coach. When you come onto a forum and start bashing a coach in such a manner most of us can see that you are caught up in emotions and lashing out. Exhibiting such emotions does not lend itself to gaining credibility.

I can only guess why you are lashing out like this and since it probably deals with how you feel your kid was treated...I will not dare comment. But I suggest you regroup, figure out where you (or your child) also failed in the situation and figure out a way to move on in a positive way. Pointing fingers at the coach does nothing to help your situation.

Comment

Good to know...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Obviously you have a personal vendetta against this coach. When you come onto a forum and start bashing a coach in such a manner most of us can see that you are caught up in emotions and lashing out. Exhibiting such emotions does not lend itself to gaining credibility.

I can only guess why you are lashing out like this and since it probably deals with how you feel your kid was treated...I will not dare comment. But I suggest you regroup, figure out where you (or your child) also failed in the situation and figure out a way to move on in a positive way. Pointing fingers at the coach does nothing to help your situation.
      I think that the value of the forum is sharing information, especially when it comes to coaches' clubs and programs. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled share them. Of course we all know that soccer is full of only the good and righteous people, correct? I say keep the info coming...

Comment

AM is a miserable human being. He is full of lies.

Comment

I think that the value of the forum is sharing information, especially when it comes to coaches' clubs and programs. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled share them. Of course we all know that soccer is full of only the good and righteous people, correct? I say keep the info coming...
          Everyone is entitled to share their opinion, but intelligent people will consider the source before they draw their own conclusions. An anonymous post on a forum that attacks someone's character isn't very credible. It doesn't give the coach an opportunity to address the accusations. Even if he reads the post, he may not even know who it is coming from. If you are going to bash someone like this, you should put your name to it. Not doing so is cowardly.

Comment

If you have a daughter considering playing women's soccer at Flagler College my advice would be to go someplace else. The program is run by a low level coach by the name of Ashley Martin. You can count on him to provide little knowledge of the game and even less passion for the sport. Not a good man and someone NOT to be trusted in my opinion. In fact as a human being I would rate him at the bottom of the barrel. As a coach I would rate him as Flagler's all time worst. He is a mean and vindictive man in my opinion. I can not understand why Flagler College or their athletic department would employ such a person. No integrity...
            We live in the information age. The sharing of experiences and opinions are vital decision making tools. That is just how society communicates now days. It is called social accountability.

Comment

Ashely Martin Flagler Women's Socceer

Were there is smoke, there is fire.

Comment

Ashley Martin

I agree with you 100%

Comment

Were there is smoke, there is fire.
                  Most over-used excuse for people to pile on. Share your opinions, that's fine. Put your name, don't put your name that is fine too. But at least give some context. I would imagine there was a vetting process when this person was hired. I bet if you asked 5 other people on the team they would appreciate the opportunity their daughter was given. So, why is this person "mean and vindictive" in your opinion? Why is this person "at the bottom of the barrel as a human being" in your opinion?

Comment

Having a daughter that is just starting college recruiting process, this coach was one that I have heard to be careful of. Start looking at the roster history, and a lot of players leave here and go elsewhere. That is always a red flag.

Comment

We live in the information age. The sharing of experiences and opinions are vital decision making tools. That is just how society communicates now days. It is called social accountability.
                      Any person who anonymously posts any opinion about a named individual without identifying themselves has failed to provide me with the information necessary for me to ascertain whether their opinion has any validity.

Comment

Perhaps you went to Flagler College and you are now bitter...

Comment

Having a daughter that is just starting college recruiting process, this coach was one that I have heard to be careful of. Start looking at the roster history, and a lot of players leave here and go elsewhere. That is always a red flag.
                          what happpened to meyer?

Comment

On the flip side it's good school and beautiful campus maybe forget the soccer and enjoy the college experience .
                            As for players leaving programs read somewhere average attrition rate for Div 1 2 & 3 freshman thru juniors in women's soccer runs at about 30% even higher if you only count freshman .

Comment

Social Accountability. That is an oxymoron when it comes to this site and totally undermines your point.

Who is accountable? An anonoymous poster? Own the post. This is exactly what is wrong today when morons come on a social gossip site with no legitimate points spelled out and takes no ownership and then we validate with the term social accountability.

If it's on the internet it must be true has become today's mantra.

Sad society we are living in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X