Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FM running this club still like a mom & pop operation works, located in an area that there are enough bodies to support it, costs are held reasonable in comparisons, No other club seems to be able to take over this simple operation, why so much interest in such a small club, club doesn't seem to be threat to any other club, and who really cares about such a tiny club, or If you like NEFC, Stars, etc, then you should worry about how much money you pay, is the club not for profit , are they in for themselves or for the kids, or is this thread about why you hate FM .
    FM is one of the true asshats in youth soccer. Just a bad person.

FM has made many enemies. Who doesn't hate him?

FM over sells and under promises. Living off the results of other people's work and claiming it as his own.

Simple operation or dysfunctional and poorly run? Demonstrates the constant spin he puts up here.

Comment

I love how this thread is 100% bashing FM and FC Boston. There are two sides to every story I think we are getting a landslide from Breakers Pro and NEFC. I do not know the reason but I would assume that Both party's could not work together and you cannot blame one person as much as you people would like. FM is not most person able guy but he cares about the program he has built. He just makes bad hiring decisions.

As for The hypothetical merger of Breakers Pro and NEFC I do not see any positives for NEFC other than having access to the pro players. That was a mess with the scorpions organization and you only got low level or reserve players. No starters stay around to help with the academy teams. Breakers pro has no rights to Ecnl or NPL spots due to belonging to the scorpions organization now FC Boston. If you think the best thing about the merger is getting access to train with the pro team you are to funny. This might happen for a hand full of players, what about the other club players. Not a big selling point to me. Most players will end their career after college.

The question that Nefc parents should be asking their club officials is what will this cost us? I tell you, the same thing the Scorpions got in return for the affiliation, lies and paying an additional $$$ per player to subsidize the pro team. Talk about a pyramid scam. Promise of free tickets to players so the pro organization can make money off parents having to buy tickets to fill their stadium. The additional revenue of buying snacks and suviniers. Maybe a chance to train with pro players at $80 per hour. Player gets like $30 and pro team $50.

The more I think about it Breakers Pro needs a club to keep their business running not the other way around. I wish what ever club good luck when you make an affiliation deal with Breakers Pro. I bet it will dissolve in less than 3 years also.

Comment

I love how this thread is 100% bashing FM and FC Boston. There are two sides to every story I think we are getting a landslide from Breakers Pro and NEFC. I do not know the reason but I would assume that Both party's could not work together and you cannot blame one person as much as you people would like. FM is not most person able guy but he cares about the program he has built. He just makes bad hiring decisions.

As for The hypothetical merger of Breakers Pro and NEFC I do not see any positives for NEFC other than having access to the pro players. That was a mess with the scorpions organization and you only got low level or reserve players. No starters stay around to help with the academy teams. Breakers pro has no rights to Ecnl or NPL spots due to belonging to the scorpions organization now FC Boston. If you think the best thing about the merger is getting access to train with the pro team you are to funny. This might happen for a hand full of players, what about the other club players. Not a big selling point to me. Most players will end their career after college.

The question that Nefc parents should be asking their club officials is what will this cost us? I tell you, the same thing the Scorpions got in return for the affiliation, lies and paying an additional $$$ per player to subsidize the pro team. Talk about a pyramid scam. Promise of free tickets to players so the pro organization can make money off parents having to buy tickets to fill their stadium. The additional revenue of buying snacks and suviniers. Maybe a chance to train with pro players at $80 per hour. Player gets like $30 and pro team $50.

The more I think about it Breakers Pro needs a club to keep their business running not the other way around. I wish what ever club good luck when you make an affiliation deal with Breakers Pro. I bet it will dissolve in less than 3 years also.
        You forget what is really in offering.. the Girls DAP franchise. The club that has the affiliation with the local franchise is going to get at least one of the slots. That will kill the ECNL in many ways so what then will the Scorpions have to offer? Nothing.

Comment

Where is the literature to support this women's DAP? When will it start and who will have slots other than NWSL teams. There are currently only 9 teams and adding Orlando next year if I am correct. The teams are no where near each other and you think the pro teams will pay for the travel of these DAP woman teams. Only 2 pro teams had affiliations with clubs and both were Ecnl. Now one has pulled their affiliation and is scrambling for a new club. I do not think the WPSL have a lot of youth academy's either. This will not take many years unless you have an article or inside knowledge.

Comment

Where is the literature to support this women's DAP? When will it start and who will have slots other than NWSL teams. There are currently only 9 teams and adding Orlando next year if I am correct. The teams are no where near each other and you think the pro teams will pay for the travel of these DAP woman teams. Only 2 pro teams had affiliations with clubs and both were Ecnl. Now one has pulled their affiliation and is scrambling for a new club. I do not think the WPSL have a lot of youth academy's either. This will not take many years unless you have an article or inside knowledge.
            So is it the case that Breakers is now merging with NEFC or us that just what NEFC is hoping for? This thread is talking like this has happened.

Comment

Has not happened. Rumors are that they are going to based on Ecnl Or dap slots for girls. How does this help their boys programs. Again a girls dominated club singling out their boys teams again. This is kinda comical if true.

Comment

So is it the case that Breakers is now merging with NEFC or us that just what NEFC is hoping for? This thread is talking like this has happened.
                Maybe HC coach going to NEFC has something to do with this. It says he is furthering his professional career.

Comment

Has not happened. Rumors are that they are going to based on Ecnl Or dap slots for girls. How does this help their boys programs. Again a girls dominated club singling out their boys teams again. This is kinda comical if true.
                  There will be some very strong boys coaches coming into the picture. As a matter fact there will be some phenomenal coaches coming in at all levels of this.

Comment

Maybe HC coach going to NEFC has something to do with this. It says he is furthering his professional career.
                    What is "It"? Although a done deal, I can't find anything press release on HC coach leaving.

Comment

I cant wait to see what happens when the DAP tries to venture on the girls side. Will girls really not play high school soccer. I doubt it.

Comment

What is "It"? Although a done deal, I can't find anything press release on HC coach leaving.
                        HC womens soccer news on website.

Comment

HC womens soccer news on website.
                          Thanks, interesting. I have no idea what a college HC makes, but NEFC must be paying more I would think. Although, maybe he saw the writing on the wall?

"head coach for seven seasons, from 2009-2015. During that time the team posted an overall record of 35-69-20 (.363 winning percentage), including a 9-37-8 mark against Patriot League foes."

Comment

Thanks, interesting. I have no idea what a college HC makes, but NEFC must be paying more I would think. Although, maybe he saw the writing on the wall?

"head coach for seven seasons, from 2009-2015. During that time the team posted an overall record of 35-69-20 (.363 winning percentage), including a 9-37-8 mark against Patriot League foes."
                            Funding is a huge part of why HC women's soccer is what it is. The guy punched his ticket and is moving on to greener pastures.

Comment

Right, but those names will become FC Boston.
                              I guess we'll find out.

Comment

I love how this thread is 100% bashing FM and FC Boston. T

There are two sides to every story

you cannot blame one person as much as you people would like.

FM is not most person able guy but he cares about the program he has built.

He just makes bad hiring decisions.
                                Thanks Fred.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X