• Show
Clear All

New Age Mattix updated

http://www.vysa.com/docs/US%20Soccer...n%20Matrix.pdf

Are 1998s now excluded?

Comment

Got cut off. U19 next season.

Comment

I have one kid that moves up one age group to U15. I have one kid that moves up two age groups to U14. Both kids have their best friends doing the opposite - moving up to U16 and moving up to U13. Sucks.

Comment

There go the car pools!!!

Comment

So my 04 plays U11 this year and U13 next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              So my 04 plays U11 this year and U13 next year?
              Yup. We have to screw up 99% for the 1% to help US be like the rest of the world. This will fix it. The talent and training have nothing to do with it.
              This will go down in history as the dumbest thing ever in youth soccer.

Comment

Yup. We have to screw up 99% for the 1% to help US be like the rest of the world. This will fix it. The talent and training have nothing to do with it.
                This will go down in history as the dumbest thing ever in youth soccer.
                Do we really need another thread on this subject?? The kids will be fine..
                Relax!

Comment

Interesting that things have changed based on this posting -

http://usclubsoccer.org/wp-content/u...rt-2016-18.png

and if you look at the link below it would appear that someone may have interpreted the USYS mandate incorrectly at US Club Soccer.

http://usclubsoccer.org/2015/09/15/u...g-initiatives/

Basically, now the August through December kids are skipping an age group.

Comment

Relax!
                    If you are so convinced, stop reading the thread and move on.

Comment

Relax!
                      Did you even look at the chart? The implementation is significantly different in that it removes choice for players or clubs to have teams play up or repeat.

For some U11s this means jumping straight to 11v11 against kids who have been previously exposed to the full game.

While this is a small group, unlike the Chicken Littles worrying that "Little Mia" will quit because she is not playing with her friends anymore the dramatic jump straight to 11v11 could actually frustrate kids enough that they may quit. The size difference was hard enough but dramatically change the field and the game on them too?

Comment

Did you even look at the chart? The implementation is significantly different in that it removes choice for players or clubs to have teams play up or repeat.

For some U11s this means jumping straight to 11v11 against kids who have been previously exposed to the full game.

While this is a small group, unlike the Chicken Littles worrying that "Little Mia" will quit because she is not playing with her friends anymore the dramatic jump straight to 11v11 could actually frustrate kids enough that they may quit. The size difference was hard enough but dramatically change the field and the game on them too?
                        They screwed this whole thing up. They should have implemented the changes going forward at a specific u little age, like 9 or 10 instead of radically altering the entire landscape.

Comment

They screwed this whole thing up. They should have implemented the changes going forward at a specific u little age, like 9 or 10 instead of radically altering the entire landscape.
                          my daughter is going from U12 to U14... maybe getting out of club a year early

Comment

As I stated above, the removal of choice is the biggest problem with the new implementation. The actual grouping of kids will remain mostly the same but they took an opportunity to encourage more development. Some of the U11's will simply miss a very important transition year.

My kid is a current U12 and I feel for some of the current U11's that will be jumping to my kids team at U13 next year and this is just so wrong for them. I have no problem with it at U12 again but the changes in the game at U13 are just more demanding.

Comment

As I stated above, the removal of choice is the biggest problem with the new implementation. The actual grouping of kids will remain mostly the same but they took an opportunity to encourage more development. Some of the U11's will simply miss a very important transition year.

My kid is a current U12 and I feel for some of the current U11's that will be jumping to my kids team at U13 next year and this is just so wrong for them. I have no problem with it at U12 again but the changes in the game at U13 are just more demanding.
                              Completely agree.

I too have a U12 and he will be fine. Some U11s will struggle.

Some town/travel leagues go by 2 year groupings: U10, U12, U14 etc.

That means there could be 6th, 7th, and 8th graders at U14 next year.

Having just watched my older son play MS, there was a HUGE difference between some 7th and 8th graders.

11 v 11 also significantly changes things. The taller/bigger kids gaining muscle and going through puberty can catch up with, outrun, and push the smaller (sometimes very skilled players) off the ball.

Already seeing it at U12 with some of the bigger/stronger players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X