Winter goalkeeping training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed my U14 son up for Performance GK/Number One Goalkeeping Taunton clinic on Sunday..

$150 / 4 hours = $37.50/hour.. within my comfort range for indoor small group training.

Comment

$75/hour for 1 on 1 training isn't unreasonable.

$15-25/hour for large group field training isn't unreasonable.

Seems to be priced right for small GK groups.

I've sent players to train with NC, nothing but good feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        $75/hour for 1 on 1 training isn't unreasonable.

$15-25/hour for large group field training isn't unreasonable.

Seems to be priced right for small GK groups.

I've sent players to train with NC, nothing but good feedback.
        $75 per hour is nuts. The rest is in line. If you pay $75 per hr you were dropped on the head when you were a baby or the worlds worst negotiator.

Comment

$75 per hour is nuts. The rest is in line. If you pay $75 per hr you were dropped on the head when you were a baby or the worlds worst negotiator.
          $75 is pretty standard for a quality GK trainer (college level coach, not someone who PLAYED in college), but usually they'll cut the rate if you agree to d x number of sessions. Prices go down from there based on qualifications.

Easiest way is to lower it is do session with a few others. Gets tricky in the winter with the weather and if you want indoor you'll pay plenty extra for that

Comment

$75 is pretty standard for a quality GK trainer (college level coach, not someone who PLAYED in college), but usually they'll cut the rate if you agree to d x number of sessions. Prices go down from there based on qualifications.

Easiest way is to lower it is do session with a few others. Gets tricky in the winter with the weather and if you want indoor you'll pay plenty extra for that
            How much do you pay for a lawn cut?

Comment

Feel free to point me in the direction of professional 1-on-1 training for an hourly rate substantially below $60-$80. I'd be able to send a lot of business their way and get a cut for myself.

Comment

Neill Caine has coached my son off and on since he was U9 (currently playing in college and a U19 player). He's an outfield player who dabbled in goal when he was younger. NC is a very talented coach, with an ability to speak to each player in 'their own language'. For keeper training, I don't think you can wrong with any of his programs.

Comment

How much do you pay for a lawn cut?
                  I have two keepers - one playing in college now. You get what you pay for with training. Any one can take shots on the net for $45. And plenty of clubs will say the do GK training but few do it well. Usually its too many kids at once for 1 1/2 hours a week. If your keeper really wants to improve it will cost you. Rates are always negotiable if you agree to multiple sessions.

- Not the op

Comment

Feel free to point me in the direction of professional 1-on-1 training for an hourly rate substantially below $60-$80. I'd be able to send a lot of business their way and get a cut for myself.
                    Neil Caine charges $60-$75 based on how many sessions you sign up for. He is a quality trainer.

Comment

Both of my two goalkeepers have at various times been trained by both Neil and Christian. They are both very capable trainers and I can recommend both of them equally. I would suggest that a lot of the choice between the two comes down to where your child is in their development and where they are trying to get to. Not that he is bad with other ages but I think Christian may be one of the best around for working with younger keepers and laying the technical and tactical foundation. He is who I turned to with my youngest when she was just starting out. I think Neil is a very good choice when your child is a little older and has the basics down and it is time to really refine their technique. Not that Neil is bad with younger keepers at all, I just feel that his presence and demeanor works well with kids when you are trying to get them to understand what "owning" their development is about.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                        Both of my two goalkeepers have at various times been trained by both Neil and Christian. They are both very capable trainers and I can recommend both of them equally. I would suggest that a lot of the choice between the two comes down to where your child is in their development and where they are trying to get to. Not that he is bad with other ages but I think Christian may be one of the best around for working with younger keepers and laying the technical and tactical foundation. He is who I turned to with my youngest when she was just starting out. I think Neil is a very good choice when your child is a little older and has the basics down and it is time to really refine their technique. Not that Neil is bad with younger keepers at all, I just feel that his presence and demeanor works well with kids when you are trying to get them to understand what "owning" their development is about.
                        I would agree with this based on our experiences with both coaches. Both are excellent technical and tactical trainers at all ages. You cannot go wrong with either one of them. On that note though, we will be doing the Performance Goalkeeping/Number 1 Goalkeeping clinic next weekend for convenience purposes, as well as being able to have our goalkeeper train with Paul Rogers, as well as Neill.

Comment

I would agree with this based on our experiences with both coaches. Both are excellent technical and tactical trainers at all ages. You cannot go wrong with either one of them. On that note though, we will be doing the Performance Goalkeeping/Number 1 Goalkeeping clinic next weekend for convenience purposes, as well as being able to have our goalkeeper train with Paul Rogers, as well as Neill.
                          Never heard of Neill or Number 1 Goalkeeping, but he is listed to be the lead coach at the goalkeeper showcase at GPS tournament tomorrow, going to coach at the keeper stop winter clinics, as well as coaching at the clinic next weekend in Taunton. For somebody who coaches at all these clinics, does he coach/affiliated with any club? I don't see him listed with any clubs.

Comment

My son had a great time at the goalkeeping clinic in Taunton this weekend. Hands down the best clinic we have done. Hope to have them back again next year.

Comment

Agree, training was excellent, daughter was wiped out after, well worth the money and time

Comment

Agree, training was excellent, daughter was wiped out after, well worth the money and time
                                We were unable to make it due to last minute basketball conflicts. Who were the coaches there? Any idea if it will be a regular clinic moving forward? Too bad we missed it. Sounds like it was a great weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X