Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter goalkeeping training

I've just learned that my daughters club is holding very limited amount of goalkeeping training this winter. I am now looking for information on any goalkeeping training and/or clinics this winter. Any information would be very helpful.

Depending on your location:

www.nhkeeperacademy.com

www.keeperstop.com

Indoor for the 1st one is in Bow, NH and on a multiple purpose floor, but they make do rather nicely.

We are considering keeperstop in marlboro... $$$$ but it's on a full field turf field.

Comment

http://www.performancegoalkeeping.co...ning-sessions/

Looks like a good one, that is taking place in Taunton. We got this sent to us via Neil Caine who's goalkeeping program will be patnering with Paul Rogers for that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Depending on your location:

www.nhkeeperacademy.com

www.keeperstop.com

Indoor for the 1st one is in Bow, NH and on a multiple purpose floor, but they make do rather nicely.

We are considering keeperstop in marlboro... $$$$ but it's on a full field turf field.
        Keeperstop is very much worth the $$$$

Comment

Keeperstop is very much worth the $$$$
          Better than RDS?

Comment

NE Revs RDS sessions are excellent, but only if you are with the actual academy GK coaches, and not one of the staff coaches. Big difference in coaching quality, and therefore quality of sessions.

Comment

NE Revs RDS sessions are excellent, but only if you are with the actual academy GK coaches, and not one of the staff coaches. Big difference in coaching quality, and therefore quality of sessions.
              Good to know.

We did a field player camp and got an academy coach. Doing RDS field player now with a staff coach. Definitely not the same.

Comment

What in the world are you talking about? So who's good and who isn't? They're grown-ups so feel free to name names.

Comment

http://www.performancegoalkeeping.co...ning-sessions/

Looks like a good one, that is taking place in Taunton. We got this sent to us via Neil Caine who's goalkeeping program will be patnering with Paul Rogers for that weekend.
                  We are also heard about this. Don't know too much about either coache. Before signing up, wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of them??

Comment

Good to know.

We did a field player camp and got an academy coach. Doing RDS field player now with a staff coach. Definitely not the same.
                    Scratch that. Looked at the list and the older Summer RDS coach we had is a staff coach. His name is Carlos and he is awesome.

Currently have a younger RDS coach who doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

Haven't done GK RDS but have witnessed and heard that Fernando is great. He's also a staff coach.

Like anything, I think it's a mixed bag. However, I'm finding the younger (early 20s) coaches just don't have enough coaching or kid experience.

Comment

I've just learned that my daughters club is holding very limited amount of goalkeeping training this winter. I am now looking for information on any goalkeeping training and/or clinics this winter. Any information would be very helpful.
                      What age?

Comment

What age?
                        She is U14

Comment

We are also heard about this. Don't know too much about either coache. Before signing up, wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of them??
                          We just got an email in space of 24 hours for both the Performance GK/Number One Goalkeeping Taunton clinic in early December and for the 7-week Keeper stop winter training. Which one is more beneficial? With both being so close to the holidays, we won't be able to do both. The Taunton clinic is $250 for 8 hours. Keeper stop is $330 for 7. Any experience with any of coaches running these clinics?

Comment

We just got an email in space of 24 hours for both the Performance GK/Number One Goalkeeping Taunton clinic in early December and for the 7-week Keeper stop winter training. Which one is more beneficial? With both being so close to the holidays, we won't be able to do both. The Taunton clinic is $250 for 8 hours. Keeper stop is $330 for 7. Any experience with any of coaches running these clinics?
                            That's pricy! $330 divided by 7 is almost $50 bucks an hour. I assume it's shared time with another 7-10 keepers. I'm sorry but if that's the case then I see no value. I hope I'm wrong for the kids sake.

Comment

That's pricy! $330 divided by 7 is almost $50 bucks an hour. I assume it's shared time with another 7-10 keepers. I'm sorry but if that's the case then I see no value. I hope I'm wrong for the kids sake.
                              Price for the seven weeks is about right. Excellent coaches. Great facility. Coach to player ratio is about right (8:1). Talent level is very mixed. Some high level goalkeepers and some who are fairly new to position.

We've signed up to the Performance Goalkeeping/Number 1 Goalkeeping clinic, and will be giving Keeperstop a miss this time around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X