Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Big girl soccer? Think you got the wrong division there tough guy.
    Sorry, meant D3 big girl soccer in relative terms, not D1 big girl soccer. Is that better, dad of daughter who plays D1, a__hole?

Comment

Lesley from a really bad, bad conference got spanked 0-5 to Stevens. Roger Williams got spanked 1-5 to William Smith (shots were 4 to 17 in 1st half game over at the half). Welcome to big girl soccer. Thanks for coming.
      Bowdoin got spanked, using your term, 4 to 1 to Stevens. How did they get into the NCAAs?

Comment

Williams back to the Final Four for second year in a row. Tied William Smith and advanced in PK shootout today. Congrats.
        Congratulations Lady Eph's...good luck....Go NESCAC!

Comment

Bowdoin got spanked, using your term, 4 to 1 to Stevens. How did they get into the NCAAs?
          Got selected as an at large bid. New England region got 4 of the 20 available in the country. Amherst, Brandeis, Babson and Bowdoin got it. The regional chair of the N.E. NCAA selection committee is the coach at Bowdoin. Regional chairs sit on the national selection committee.

Comment

They got in because of where they were ranked. Any coach in the regional committee, even the chair, has to recuse themselves whenever their team is in the discussion. Like they literally do not talk, another person takes over the call until their team is no longer being debated.

Some coaches, on the other hand, call and email committee members to try to influence them to favor their team.

Comment

They got in because of where they were ranked. Any coach in the regional committee, even the chair, has to recuse themselves whenever their team is in the discussion. Like they literally do not talk, another person takes over the call until their team is no longer being debated.

Some coaches, on the other hand, call and email committee members to try to influence them to favor their team.
              Trinity in Conn. had a higher winning percentage, higher schedule strenght, better record versus ranked teams (2-2-0 v. 0-4-1) and beat Bowdoin head to head yet Bowdoin jumped over Trinity in the last ranking published by the NCAA. Therefore it makes some wonder on my daughter's Trinity team why Bowdoin went over them in the ranking when the Bantams beat them in four categories. My company hires subcontractors for various jobs and projects. Each company comes in and makes their case. After meeting with all of them, some of them will follow up with my company with a phone call or an e-mail to try to influence us to favor their company. That is normal, everyday business. When my daughter had made all of her college overnight visits and then was in the decision time mode to make a commitment to apply Early Decision, some of the coaches followed up with a phone call and an e-mail to try to influence her to favor their college and soccer program. That is normal.

Comment

Trinity in Conn. had a higher winning percentage, higher schedule strenght, better record versus ranked teams (2-2-0 v. 0-4-1) and beat Bowdoin head to head yet Bowdoin jumped over Trinity in the last ranking published by the NCAA. Therefore it makes some wonder on my daughter's Trinity team why Bowdoin went over them in the ranking when the Bantams beat them in four categories. My company hires subcontractors for various jobs and projects. Each company comes in and makes their case. After meeting with all of them, some of them will follow up with my company with a phone call or an e-mail to try to influence us to favor their company. That is normal, everyday business. When my daughter had made all of her college overnight visits and then was in the decision time mode to make a commitment to apply Early Decision, some of the coaches followed up with a phone call and an e-mail to try to influence her to favor their college and soccer program. That is normal.
                You ramble on and on and on...... but you conveniently left out the fact the Bowdoin defeated Trinity on a neutral field in the conference tourney semi finals. That was essentially an NCAA elimination game. I don't think many emails or phone calls were necessary to make that decision

Comment

All but Williams are sitting at home now so does not really matter at this point.

Comment

Yet trinity shouldn't resolve mentioned in the same breath as williams

Comment

You ramble on and on and on...... but you conveniently left out the fact the Bowdoin defeated Trinity on a neutral field in the conference tourney semi finals. That was essentially an NCAA elimination game. I don't think many emails or phone calls were necessary to make that decision
                      Head to head is still the best tie breaker. Yet some will try to explain it away

Comment

Go 'Cac!!

2015 National Champions
                        Men - Amherst
                        Women - Williams

Comment

Go 'Cac!!

2015 National Champions
                          Men - Amherst
                          Women - Williams
                          Williams women win, Williams wins. National Champions. I am sure today is ruined for the Conn. College coach Norm Ticker and Middlebury coach Peter Kim. Not a happy day for those two. Sorry boys, Michelyne is the coach of the national champions Ephs

Comment

Williams women win, Williams wins. National Champions. I am sure today is ruined for the Conn. College coach Norm Ticker and Middlebury coach Peter Kim. Not a happy day for those two. Sorry boys, Michelyne is the coach of the national champions Ephs
                            You can add Jenn Hughes of Amherst to that list. She hates MP.

Comment

You can add Jenn Hughes of Amherst to that list. She hates MP.
                              And the Amherst men's soccer program won the national championship yesterday as well. Double whammy, not a good weekend or year for women's coach JH. How long will it take for her to get over it?

Comment

And the Amherst men's soccer program won the national championship yesterday as well. Double whammy, not a good weekend or year for women's coach JH. How long will it take for her to get over it?
                                "National champs" come on folks it's Divison what? College Cup

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X