When Are ODP Results?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got anymore Kool-Aid you want to dispense?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Got anymore Kool-Aid you want to dispense?
      ODP is a waste of gas. If they want to be relevant again they better relocate closer to Boston.

Comment

ODP is a waste of gas. If they want to be relevant again they better relocate closer to Boston.
        Too funny. A parent is supposed to fly all over the country for soccer but a drive to Lancaster is just too far. The logic is priceless.

Comment

Good posts, thanks. Finally someone with a brain on this site.

ODP is a commitment of something like 12 practices over the winter and spring, perhaps a tourney plus a camp (if you chose). If your child makes the team and wants to do it, why not? The $s go up to something like $1k with the camp. A "tier 1" club team is 3k+ annually. Not saying it's a substitute, just an additional opportunity. Clubs don't like it b/c it takes commitment away from their 100% for profit motive. Period.
          Where is the ODP camp held? Is it in Mass?

Comment

Where is the ODP camp held? Is it in Mass?
            Yes
            Devens last yeat

Comment

Camp

Yes
              Devens last yeat
              Mini-camp at Lancaster, Region 1 camp (July) in RI for girls and boy are
              in NJ.

Comment

It's the first week of Dec. Anyone hear anything yet?

Comment

It's the first week of Dec. Anyone hear anything yet?
                  Acceptance list emails have started today. Good luck.

Comment

Bummer. GK not accepted.

How many keepers do they take?

Comment

Bummer. GK not accepted.

How many keepers do they take?
                      Don't quote me but I think it's 4 per age group gender. Maybe others can chime in.

Comment

Don't quote me but I think it's 4 per age group gender. Maybe others can chime in.
                        Thanks. Someone else told me the same thing.

My kid plays 50/50 but had to choose for ODP. Guess he chose wrong. :)

Comment

Thanks. Someone else told me the same thing.

My kid plays 50/50 but had to choose for ODP. Guess he chose wrong. :)
                          Bummer. My kid is a GK as well. Just wondering if your son could have tried out one day for GK then next field ?

Comment

Bummer. My kid is a GK as well. Just wondering if your son could have tried out one day for GK then next field ?
                            We were told we could split it but that most kids choose by U13. He's U12 and I was hoping they would take more than 4 given the young age.

He made the choice on his own as he's been leaning towards keep 70/30 lately. But clearly he was beat out by kids that are likely already specializing.

Talked to a few parents who said their kids were dedicated keepers.

We'll just do RDS next session. ODP was appealing because it's closer for us.

Comment

We were told we could split it but that most kids choose by U13. He's U12 and I was hoping they would take more than 4 given the young age.

He made the choice on his own as he's been leaning towards keep 70/30 lately. But clearly he was beat out by kids that are likely already specializing.

Talked to a few parents who said their kids were dedicated keepers.

We'll just do RDS next session. ODP was appealing because it's closer for us.
                              RDS is good fast pace training and coaches for GK's are great. If you don't mind I would suggest to keep up the specialized GK training more so he can compete with the kids next November.
                              Best of luck.

Comment

RDS is good fast pace training and coaches for GK's are great. If you don't mind I would suggest to keep up the specialized GK training more so he can compete with the kids next November.
                                Best of luck.
                                Don't mind at all. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X