Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Surprised BC got this far. Wake Forest beat them like 5-0 at home just a few weeks ago.
    WF was amazing to watch. BC looked awful
    The key to BC's run was avoiding WF and Clemson. Both handled them easily. Syracuse is very beatable. BTW, WF vs Stanford is the early National Championship game IMO.

Comment

NEFC guys as well who have already beaten Syracuse in regular season play. Well done BC!
      Looks like Syracuse was ranked 12th in the country at that time.

Comment

Looks like Syracuse was ranked 12th in the country at that time.
        And Syracuse went on to win the ACC title. No so beatable.

Comment

BTW, WF vs Stanford is the early National Championship game IMO.
          I pencil the winner of that game into the final game yet. The winner of WF vs Stanford faces the winner of Akron vs Creighton. Creighton will be a tough opponent for Akron. Akron, in their first game of the tournament, dismantled Rutgers, 6-1. Against SMU, a game they only won 2-1, they out shot them 40-13. The lone goal for SMU came on an on goal. I've heard the score just as easily could have been a repeat of the Rutgers game or worse. The SMU keeper kept them in it. In the first 2 games, the Zips have out shot their opposition 65-23.
          As an aside, Akron has already played WF this season, losing 2-1 in a pretty even match. All of the final 4 games should be outstanding.

I'm pretty sure that the Revolution's Scott Caldwell will be in Akron this upcoming Saturday cheering on his old team.

Comment

*I wouldn't pencil the winner of that game into the final game yet.

Comment

I pencil the winner of that game into the final game yet. The winner of WF vs Stanford faces the winner of Akron vs Creighton. Creighton will be a tough opponent for Akron. Akron, in their first game of the tournament, dismantled Rutgers, 6-1. Against SMU, a game they only won 2-1, they out shot them 40-13. The lone goal for SMU came on an on goal. I've heard the score just as easily could have been a repeat of the Rutgers game or worse. The SMU keeper kept them in it. In the first 2 games, the Zips have out shot their opposition 65-23.
              As an aside, Akron has already played WF this season, losing 2-1 in a pretty even match. All of the final 4 games should be outstanding.

I'm pretty sure that the Revolution's Scott Caldwell will be in Akron this upcoming Saturday cheering on his old team.
              Accordingly, TDS has ranked the participants in these 2 games as follows:
              1) Stanford
              2) WF
              3) Creighton
              4)Akron

We both might shuffle the order a bit, but their point is that the champion is lurking within these 2 games.

Comment

According to BC propaganda email, watch free live stream of the match on cuse.com/watch 12/5 2pm

Good luck lads (of whatever club!)

Comment

According to BC propaganda email, watch free live stream of the match on cuse.com/watch 12/5 2pm

why is it a propaganda email? worked for me last week....

Comment

why is it a propaganda email? worked for me last week....
                    Make that "promotional email", I got it this AM with that URL. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers!

Comment

Thanks for the link. Their game against #3 Georgetown was fun to watch. What a shoot out. BC goalie was first to strike! Awesome.

Comment

Make that "promotional email", I got it this AM with that URL. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers!
                        You didn't but the words are quite different.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Their game against #3 Georgetown was fun to watch. What a shoot out. BC goalie was first to strike! Awesome.
                          Goalie taking the first pk seems like a very risky strategy. If he misses, his mindset would be awful for the rest of the pk's that he has to defend against.

Comment

You didn't but the words are quite different.
                            Actually I would say that BC does a relatively poor job of promoting (or propagandizing on behalf of) their soccer programs - for example compared to Duke (who has let me know about, for example, their post-season dinner and MVP vote). BC is slow to even to announce recruits, late schedule changes, etc.

Just $0.02 - have followed BC men 7 seasons now and that's my observation. And again I don't mean to get your goat, it's just words

Comment

Goalie taking the first pk seems like a very risky strategy. If he misses, his mindset would be awful for the rest of the pk's that he has to defend against.
                              True it's a gamble. But it's also a great way to psyche himself up if he makes it and will really deflate the other keeper.

Comment

Actually I would say that BC does a relatively poor job of promoting (or propagandizing on behalf of) their soccer programs - for example compared to Duke (who has let me know about, for example, their post-season dinner and MVP vote). BC is slow to even to announce recruits, late schedule changes, etc.

Just $0.02 - have followed BC men 7 seasons now and that's my observation. And again I don't mean to get your goat, it's just words
                                Its all good. I will enjoy the game whether they win or not. EK and the boys have had a great season

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X