X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSU and Abbey are close to GPS

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Game was not even close to the Scoreline! CSU DIDNT ALMOST WIN. 1-0 loss and it should of been 6.
    CSU and Abbey are close to GPS - ITS EASY FOR GPS - they have a million kids nothing to do with coaching or training - a blind man could coach these kids - what i feel bad is for the 20 or so other terrible GPS U16 teams paying all the money and so bad.

Comment

GPS US Club state champs vs USYSA Abbey Villa

there is not a team in the state for this age group that is even close to being able to beat gps. This gps team is in the best bracket at the disney tournament. Would not be surprised at all if they win the whole thing. Saw these guys beat fsa yesterday 4-0. All the best club players in the mass region are on this team.

Comment

there is not a team in the state for this age group that is even close to being able to beat gps. This gps team is in the best bracket at the disney tournament. Would not be surprised at all if they win the whole thing. Saw these guys beat fsa yesterday 4-0. All the best club players in the mass region are on this team.
        Most of the best club players in Mass are in the academy and pre-academy teams. this is another marketing ploy by GPS and/or a GPS parent from this team.

Comment

Comprehension issues

I think he said Club players not all players.

Comment

GPS players are mostly GPS PLAYERS

You know for all the crap GPS gets for having all these teams the u16 NPL team is a team that's wholly been with GPS teams since 12's and 13's. It's not like they just cherry picked he beat kids every year. This group of 20 or so kids have been playing with GPS FOR YEARS. It's hard to be mad about that. People mock the GPS OR GLOBAL premiere soccer but they are going to be a global company over the next 10 years.

Comment

I think he said Club players not all players.
              Bolts, seacoast and oakwood are clubs

Comment

CSU and Abbey are close to GPS - ITS EASY FOR GPS - they have a million kids nothing to do with coaching or training - a blind man could coach these kids - what i feel bad is for the 20 or so other terrible GPS U16 teams paying all the money and so bad.
                Csu and abbey villa are not close. Csu defended for the entire game which would show their coach to be smart having played numerous times last season and being heavily beat. It doesn't matter if you have a million kids you still need to have a certain level of player. The npl boys coaches at gps are some of the best and you should probably do your research. The same coach won a state cup with a regional team. Spend some time watching these teams play and you can see they have been well coached throughout the organization.The other u16 gps teams are strong regional teams and would give good games to the majority of the npl league.
                Sometimes it is easier to just accept that the u16 age group outside of dap is very strong for gps, not all the age groups are and don't have a million kids as you put it!!

Comment

Pretty surprised if this thread is actually by parents or anyone associated with this GPS team. If so, you might want to show a little more grace. But from watching the team and the parents its not what I would expect at the team is amazing and the kids, parents and coaching staff seem well behaved and professional.

I don't see any reason why anyone from this GPS team would want to go on and on for 3 days over beating a relatively small Massachusetts club in a preseason tournament. Obviously GPS was the better team. But at this point you've beat everyone to beat in Massachusetts. Won NEP NPL last year with a +44 GD, including wins of 6-0 against NEFC, 5-0 against CSU, multiple wins v. Scorpions. Moreover, you just crushed FSA, who was the #1 team in CT, ranked in the top 25 in the Country and a team that won EDP's top league last year.

So I'd politely suggest you start to set your sights a little higher. I've seen a number of the teams in the "top 25" and this GPS team is as good or better than them. Start thinking about how you establish yourself as the #1 team in the country because that really is a realistic goal for this GPS team. I am impressed and happy for these boys and the team. Given that MA has two DAP teams, putting together a team as good as this one outside of DAP is a worthy accomplishment.

So congrats boys. But really who cares about results from this tournament. Honestly, you were too good to be playing here in the first place. Just like you are too good to be playing NEP NPL as your primary schedule.
                  A sensible ts post. Completely agree with this post.

Comment

A sensible ts post. Completely agree with this post.
                    you should always agree with posts that YOU wrote.

Comment

Not DAP

Bolts, seacoast and oakwood are clubs
                      Yes they are clubs. All the best non academy kids are on GPS from the region. Is that better?

Comment

They have a million kids? So, these million kids all go to GPS tryouts and the coaches pick the best 18-20 players out of those million players who tryout? Is that how it works? No wonder it's such a great team.

Seriously, buddy. Stop being so crazy. I have no connection with this particular team but I do have a U16 son on another GPS team (you would probably classify his team as "terrible"). Why would you care how much money we spend on our son's extracurricular activities? Thankfully, we do well for ourselves so I'm not overly concerned with what might be a slightly higher price than a smaller club might be. We can handle it, but thanks for caring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X