• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More likely a delusional parent masquerading as a coach

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      More likely a delusional parent masquerading as a coach
      Nope. If you think that, then you can move on from the thread though. If you take the time to read all my answers, you'll see that's not true.

Comment

For recruits to your program, is the timeline for recruitment the same for most of players, or are there frequently surprise adds that come out of the woods further along in the process? For example, in your most recent recruiting class, was the process that you became aware of most, or all, of them by freshman year of HS; saw them play a times freshman & sophomore years; and then lined them up for 6/15 calls; or did many come to your attention/consideration after 6/15 into junior year?

Again, thanks for doing this.
        Yes, most of them we started watching a bit as freshmen, then watched a lot as soph's. But, it is possible to have kids emerge late in the process, and we did have a couple of those. The amended NCAA rules have affected the process. For our incoming 2020 class, the rules were different and all of those were committed by end of sophomore year, and we had one or 2 late to the process. Our 2021 class was all committed by beginning of Junior year as that was the class we were able to talk to Freshman year and sophomore year until rule change so we were able to develop relationships with them. The 2022s are the first class who are impacted entirely by the new rules so the first we spoke to any of them was June 15. The time line for commitment will likely be later with this group because the restrictions are impacting visits, etc.

Comment

No D 1 coach would spend as much time on an anonymous soccer board site as you do. What a loser

Comment

No D 1 coach would spend as much time on an anonymous soccer board site as you do. What a loser
            WHY DO YOU CARE TROLL? Go troll the covid thread.

Comment

Same guy masquerades over on WEB MD site

Comment

As I explained before I am bored AF. Former club coach, parent, mentor to hundreds. I used to do extensive college counseling for all the athletes in my area....at no cost. Might be hard for you to believe, but I actually like helping people. My dream was always to play D1 soccer back when we didn't have the opportunities these girls do now. I have always devoted way more of my time and energy into helping young girls achieve those dreams too.

I was super busy up until about last week. The realization this week that we may not even have a season (and I may not even have a job) hit me hard, and I'm battling my depression over that with this silly message board. It's been pretty therapeutic and a good distraction and probably at least a tiny bit helpful for some.

Sincerely,
                The Big Loser coach

Comment

As I explained before I am bored AF. Former club coach, parent, mentor to hundreds. I used to do extensive college counseling for all the athletes in my area....at no cost. Might be hard for you to believe, but I actually like helping people. My dream was always to play D1 soccer back when we didn't have the opportunities these girls do now. I have always devoted way more of my time and energy into helping young girls achieve those dreams too.

I was super busy up until about last week. The realization this week that we may not even have a season (and I may not even have a job) hit me hard, and I'm battling my depression over that with this silly message board. It's been pretty therapeutic and a good distraction and probably at least a tiny bit helpful for some.

Sincerely,
                  The Big Loser coach
                  Definitely helpful for us with a 2022 D in the recruiting mix. I salute you!

Comment

Saw this on the law site

As I explained before I am bored Page. Former legal office clerk, parent, mentor to hundreds. I used to do extensive document filing for all the judges in my area....at no cost. Might be hard for you to believe, but I actually like helping people. My dream was always to play Practice law back when we didn't have the opportunities these girls do now. I have always devoted way more of my time and energy into helping young girls achieve those dreams too.

Sincerely,
                    The Shredder

Comment

Saw this on the law site

As I explained before I am bored Page. Former legal office clerk, parent, mentor to hundreds. I used to do extensive document filing for all the judges in my area....at no cost. Might be hard for you to believe, but I actually like helping people. My dream was always to play Practice law back when we didn't have the opportunities these girls do now. I have always devoted way more of my time and energy into helping young girls achieve those dreams too.

Sincerely,
                      The Shredder
                      This doesn't even make sense. Please just go away so you don't ruin it for the others who are just looking for legitimate info

Comment

Definitely helpful for us with a 2022 D in the recruiting mix. I salute you!
                        You're welcome. In the past I've popped on and off this site for the entertainment factor, so not surprised at the trolls. Best to probably just ignore.

Comment

This doesn't even make sense. Please just go away so you don't ruin it for the others who are just looking for legitimate info
                          Legitimate information on an anonymous soccer board? How dumb are you?

Comment

Sincerely,
                            The Big Loser coach
                            Thanks for taking the time and hope you are ok. Most sane people visit this site for a distraction and on rare occasions you come across some genuine information. This thread has been a breath of fresh air and wish more were like this. Best of luck to you!

Comment

How screwed are unsigned 2021s?

Hi, I’m from OOS. Only a handful of 2021 players are recruited on my daughter’s ECNL teams. Those players are going to P5 programs are high academic-competitive mid-major schools. However, several (including mine) were hoping to be seen last Spring and this summer. Can you you offer any insight about uncommitted 2021s because if Covid? Just as a reference, our club is considered one of the top ones in the country. In my dd’s case, the coach she was in contact with the most asked her to come to an ID camp last Spring but it was cancelled. Then we were hopeful to attend a summer camp. Cancelled. This is the case with several girls on her team. We were asked to send full games and we did. What else should we be doing?

Off topic- if you’re fully funded... can you share how many players (or percentage) typically get full rides, 75 %, 50%, 25%, just books, or nothing at all? And for those getting 50% of less, do you guys offer more later years if their impact warrants it? For the remaining 2021 spots, is there any $ left? Reading this board it seems like coaches with spots left are going to bypass the 2021s and focus on 2022s because of possible budget issues and they can wait with the 2022s.

Comment

Hi, I’m from OOS. Only a handful of 2021 players are recruited on my daughter’s ECNL teams. Those players are going to P5 programs are high academic-competitive mid-major schools. However, several (including mine) were hoping to be seen last Spring and this summer. Can you you offer any insight about uncommitted 2021s because if Covid? Just as a reference, our club is considered one of the top ones in the country. In my dd’s case, the coach she was in contact with the most asked her to come to an ID camp last Spring but it was cancelled. Then we were hopeful to attend a summer camp. Cancelled. This is the case with several girls on her team. We were asked to send full games and we did. What else should we be doing?

Off topic- if you’re fully funded... can you share how many players (or percentage) typically get full rides, 75 %, 50%, 25%, just books, or nothing at all? And for those getting 50% of less, do you guys offer more later years if their impact warrants it? For the remaining 2021 spots, is there any $ left? Reading this board it seems like coaches with spots left are going to bypass the 2021s and focus on 2022s because of possible budget issues and they can wait with the 2022s.
                                Im not the coach, but you don't need him to tell you there is no money left for '21s.
                                Reasons are obvious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X