Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is right on. Those kids should be punished to the full extent of the law.

There is discussion of deploying drones to every park and having a command center set up that monitors the video feed. I would think our club could get parent volunteers to be on call to deploy on short notice, kind of a SWAT team. Bring zip ties and make citizens arrests until law enforcement arrives.

I would definitely volunteer. I have a 1/2 dozen gas masks I could bring and I will order some batons off the internet.
    I'm in. I don't have any tactical gear but I do have some duct tape and a VCR.

Comment

Tournaments are getting cancelled or rescheduled. Crossfire cancelled training for 2 weeks. Covid cases are rising in Washington and beyond.

And we just got an email from Washington Premier saying that registration is now open for various summer camps, two of which start in 10 days.

Just...wow.

Comment

"Just one day after setting a new single-day record in COVID-19 cases health officials reported Washington's second-highest growth as the state continues its upward trend."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonew...setting-record

Comment

"Just one day after setting a new single-day record in COVID-19 cases health officials reported Washington's second-highest growth as the state continues its upward trend."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonew...setting-record
          Meanwhile, the hospitalization rate for confirmed positive cases in the state has gone from 30% in mid-March to 4% over the past three weeks.

Comment

Meanwhile, the hospitalization rate for confirmed positive cases in the state has gone from 30% in mid-March to 4% over the past three weeks.
            The state needs to shut down completely right now. As long as needed. We need an amber alert type system to shut down everything in the future the minute a new virus pops up.

Comment

Be clear, Xfire isn't taking a break for the benefit of their families. They got caught by King County for not distancing and following the return to play.
              Lol is this from a Reign coach? LWPFC? I know everyone likes to hate on XF but posting lies isn't helping anything.

Comment

The state needs to shut down completely right now. As long as needed. We need an amber alert type system to shut down everything in the future the minute a new virus pops up.
                You need to shut down... and stuff your amber alert up your arse.

Comment

I’m with you. We’re in this for the long haul. We may never be in public without masks again.

I would vote for serious criminal penalties for anyone disobeying the mask mandate. Eating in your home and kissing in your bedroom should be the only allowed time to remove them.

Comment

Lol is this from a Reign coach? LWPFC? I know everyone likes to hate on XF but posting lies isn't helping anything.
                    who said anything about fake news? Is it mainstream media or the world that you want to live in?

Comment

who said anything about fake news? Is it mainstream media or the world that you want to live in?
                      I wonder why other clubs aren’t taking the same action to follow Xfires lead?

Comment

I wonder why other clubs aren’t taking the same action to follow Xfires lead?
                        Unless some club had positive tests outside of one of their isolated groups of 5, why on earth would they? There is zero reason to think that small groups of kids engaged in soccer training, outdoors, create any real risk to anyone. There’s only marginally more legitimate concern about outdoor youth sports generally, although there’s uncertainty as to how much more and whether that’s a risk people are willing to take.

Comment

Humanity. We had a good run, folks.

People in this country are too stupid and selfish to treat this with the seriousness that it requires.

Comment

Unless some club had positive tests outside of one of their isolated groups of 5, why on earth would they? There is zero reason to think that small groups of kids engaged in soccer training, outdoors, create any real risk to anyone. There’s only marginally more legitimate concern about outdoor youth sports generally, although there’s uncertainty as to how much more and whether that’s a risk people are willing to take.
                            That's where this all breaks down. Let's step back for a moment.

It isn't just about you (or your child) and how healthy you or your children might be.

You might be perfectly healthy with no pre-existing conditions or other risk factors. You might catch the virus, but "only" show mild symptoms (if any).

But, again, IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU. It is about every single person that you interact with, and every person those people interact with, and so on and so forth.

You might be comfortable with the risk Covid poses to you, Little Timmy and Precious Mia.

But it isn't about you. It never was. It is about how our individual actions place the broader community at risk.

If you're too stupid to see that (or too selfish to care), then I hope for your sake that everyone around you isn't so short-sighted and ignorant.

Comment

That's where this all breaks down. Let's step back for a moment.

It isn't just about you (or your child) and how healthy you or your children might be.

You might be perfectly healthy with no pre-existing conditions or other risk factors. You might catch the virus, but "only" show mild symptoms (if any).

But, again, IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU. It is about every single person that you interact with, and every person those people interact with, and so on and so forth.

You might be comfortable with the risk Covid poses to you, Little Timmy and Precious Mia.

But it isn't about you. It never was. It is about how our individual actions place the broader community at risk.

If you're too stupid to see that (or too selfish to care), then I hope for your sake that everyone around you isn't so short-sighted and ignorant.
                              Nice combination of ignorance and arrogance. Are you seriously suggesting that small group training creates a material risk of virus transmission to anyone? Based on what? The return to play protocols were written by doctors and liability fearing lawyers who are, if anything, more cautious than most. There’s no reason to think that training outdoors in these small group environments creates a risk of virus transmission — both to the kids and coaches who are there and to anyone else who may come into contact with them.

There’s also scant evidence that prohibiting outdoor youth sports does anything to prevent the spread of the virus, and some studies suggest that school closures don’t do nearly enough good to outweigh the tremendous harms they cause (the American Academy of Pediatrics favors reopening schools in the fall). It’s neither stupid nor selfish to think that we should be thinking carefully about what can and can’t be done in a way that recognizes that is consistent with mitigating the spread and impact of the virus.

Comment

Nice combination of ignorance and arrogance. Are you seriously suggesting that small group training creates a material risk of virus transmission to anyone? Based on what? The return to play protocols were written by doctors and liability fearing lawyers who are, if anything, more cautious than most. There’s no reason to think that training outdoors in these small group environments creates a risk of virus transmission — both to the kids and coaches who are there and to anyone else who may come into contact with them.

There’s also scant evidence that prohibiting outdoor youth sports does anything to prevent the spread of the virus, and some studies suggest that school closures don’t do nearly enough good to outweigh the tremendous harms they cause (the American Academy of Pediatrics favors reopening schools in the fall). It’s neither stupid nor selfish to think that we should be thinking carefully about what can and can’t be done in a way that recognizes that is consistent with mitigating the spread and impact of the virus.
                                Ok, Karen. If you actually read what the AAP says, you would know that: (1) that is their aspirational goal (not an absolute); and (2) it comes with extensive caveats, including lengthy recommendations regarding implementation of protective measures.

But that doesn't fit your soundbite. So you do you.

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/20...on-in-schools/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X