Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Utah

What are the best boys clubs in Utah? Moving to the Salt Lake City area.

7 elite academy quality staff

Comment

Thanks. They've not come up on my research, is it a new club? What I'm finding is USA, La Roca, Sparta United and Avalanche. Where is 7 elite?

Comment

A utah post, wow! I'm a few months late to respond i guess, but what age is your kid and what realistic level are they? Boy/girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Thanks. They've not come up on my research, is it a new club? What I'm finding is USA, La Roca, Sparta United and Avalanche. Where is 7 elite?
          imo, you've got the right list. RSL also has a residential academy for u15/17/19 and they have boys on trial rather often if you are at that level. USA/La Roca for boys are $$$ because of travel on the top teams. If you're top flight, la roca and avalanche are doing boys ECNL starting this year (if it happens) and USA regularly has teams in desert conference and national league (both require lots of travel). If your son isnt top flight, just attend a few trainings of various clubs close to your house and watch/listen to the coaches, parents, and other kids and find the right fit for your kid. dont just chase the perceived top teams because many of them rely upon a kid or two for all their success, not actual development and team chemistry. Just my .02.

Comment

So where did you end up? How is it going and what are your initial thoughts?

Comment

Girls

Can someone help with girls programs around SLC? Moving from East Coast DA/GA program.

Comment

You really have two choices depending on where you reside:

If north of SLC (Bountiful north), I'd say look at La Roca (was DA girls, now ECNL).

If SLC proper or South then Avalanche (many years in ECNL).

Both are a class above on the girls side. Although depending on the age, other clubs have competitive teams. They just aren't as consistent top to bottom in all ages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X