Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-game food

This might seem pretty obvious, but notice a huge difference in my kids energy levels during games if she has eaten well before the game. Sleep and Hydration are also key obviously.
    Anyone else have a regular food/snack their kids eat before a game?

A big bag of Doritos and a 16oz. Coke does the trick for my 8 year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A big bag of Doritos and a 16oz. Coke does the trick for my 8 year old son.
      All kidding aside, for my son, a typical pre-game meal consists of a bowl of Ramen, a RedBull and a frosted donut. He's at his optimal game readiness capacity.

Comment

All kidding aside, for my son, a typical pre-game meal consists of a bowl of Ramen, a RedBull and a frosted donut. He's at his optimal game readiness capacity.
        Yeah good one,
        DSS will be be taking your kid to a foster home!

Comment

Brat, cheese fries and a beer.

Oh wait, that's my pregame meal.

Comment

This might seem pretty obvious, but notice a huge difference in my kids energy levels during games if she has eaten well before the game. Sleep and Hydration are also key obviously.
            Anyone else have a regular food/snack their kids eat before a game?
            My high school senior's pre game regimen is two Adderall's washed down with a Monster. The kid is a beast!! Makes me so proud!

Comment

I'm going to go serious on this one because I'm a soccer mom.

Peanut butter bites and chocolate milk.

Peanut butter bites = oats, peanut butter, raisins, coconut, honey, mini chocolate chips, flax or chia seeds (rolled into a ball)

Go ahead and laugh.

Comment

I'm going to go serious on this one because I'm a soccer mom.

Peanut butter bites and chocolate milk.

Peanut butter bites = oats, peanut butter, raisins, coconut, honey, mini chocolate chips, flax or chia seeds (rolled into a ball)

Go ahead and laugh.
                Protein and carbs is good but that is too much sugar (choc milk)

Comment

Donuts.

Comment

The frosted donut contains too much fat (tends to slow my kid down), I prefer to go with a bowl of sugar but substitute the redbull for the milk. "Go get em Tiger!"

Comment

At least for defenders Sleep is overrated. I prefer just the right amount of sleep deprivation so that my kid is right on the edge of delusional paranoia. Nothing better for a defender than paranoia, makes them distrust their fellow defenders and cover for them. The only downside is he occasionaly screams at his teamates to cover the hallucinations he sees. But usually it's all good as no one can understand what he's yelling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X