ENPL question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you are referencing a development on the girls side which has been discussed quite a bit and basically proven to not really mean much to the future of the GDA so why is it suddenly discussion worthy on the boys side? Could it be that a certain club is hoping the boys parents won't know the whole story and because of that be able to spread a bunch of misinformation that might help them market their club?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is not a new girls league. Perhaps you could "talk" on one of the other 20 active threads. Those with boys are actually interested in the new league and would like details.
      Thank you - I'm the OP who started this thread and am interested in getting information on the ENPL. I also appreciate the feedback from others regarding the girls, but would like to better understand the future plans around the ENPL as it relates to boys' teams.

Comment

Thank you - I'm the OP who started this thread and am interested in getting information on the ENPL. I also appreciate the feedback from others regarding the girls, but would like to better understand the future plans around the ENPL as it relates to boys' teams.
        If the ENPL ends up getting marketed like the ECNL was as one stop shopping for college coaches, the primary issue will come down to how much travel is really necessary for players to meet their college objectives. The ECNL clubs really pushed the idea that exposure and travel were necessary because the ECNL showcases were exclusive to just ECNL clubs and therefore their big marketable difference. There is a fair amount of evidence on the girls side at this point however that shows that there are other ways to play the recruiting game that negate the need to do most if not all of the travel so the need for it on the boy's side where the incentives (ie scholarship money) are not so plentiful really is going to end up to be the central debate.

Comment

If the ENPL ends up getting marketed like the ECNL was as one stop shopping for college coaches, the primary issue will come down to how much travel is really necessary for players to meet their college objectives. The ECNL clubs really pushed the idea that exposure and travel were necessary because the ECNL showcases were exclusive to just ECNL clubs and therefore their big marketable difference. There is a fair amount of evidence on the girls side at this point however that shows that there are other ways to play the recruiting game that negate the need to do most if not all of the travel so the need for it on the boy's side where the incentives (ie scholarship money) are not so plentiful really is going to end up to be the central debate.
          Different poster - I am hoping that they have learned some from the girls side and do more regional events rather than have players traverse across the country for anything other than national playoffs. Why have kids from NE go to TX? Easier and more cost effective for families, clubs and college coaches.

Personally I hope ENPL gets going quickly. I already had one go through DA a few years ago - while his experience overall was fine the landscape is quickly changing and I'm not sure it's the best path for his younger brother coming up. It's a great deal of sacrifice (giving up HS sports and in some cases a social life if you have a long commute). Some of the non MLS clubs just aren't that good. It's getting harder and harder to land good roster spots these days unless you're MLS DA, a top 1-3 player on a non MLS team, prep school or international player. Mine, while good, is none of those and prep school is out of the question

Comment

Different poster - I am hoping that they have learned some from the girls side and do more regional events rather than have players traverse across the country for anything other than national playoffs. Why have kids from NE go to TX? Easier and more cost effective for families, clubs and college coaches.

Personally I hope ENPL gets going quickly. I already had one go through DA a few years ago - while his experience overall was fine the landscape is quickly changing and I'm not sure it's the best path for his younger brother coming up. It's a great deal of sacrifice (giving up HS sports and in some cases a social life if you have a long commute). Some of the non MLS clubs just aren't that good. It's getting harder and harder to land good roster spots these days unless you're MLS DA, a top 1-3 player on a non MLS team, prep school or international player. Mine, while good, is none of those and prep school is out of the question
            OP here again - To both of the above, thank you for your feedback. Look forward to hearing more on this, hopefully soon.

Comment

OP here again - To both of the above, thank you for your feedback. Look forward to hearing more on this, hopefully soon.
              I just notice the NEP has issues GS points for NPL 2002 boys. Anyone have any idea why that occurred? No standing, no scores kept, no real official leagues until the Spring 2017.

Bayside is deemed to be the 1st placed team

the points largely don't much unless it is for tournament seeding but that is crazy

Comment

I just notice the NEP has issues GS points for NPL 2002 boys. Anyone have any idea why that occurred? No standing, no scores kept, no real official leagues until the Spring 2017.

Bayside is deemed to be the 1st placed team

the points largely don't much unless it is for tournament seeding but that is crazy
                Many 2002s are in high school and playing HS ball right now - they may not have had enough 8th grade 2002s to field a team in the fall

Comment

The free love guy is here as well. No restraints -- just spend because he has it because his little Mia's BMW hasn't run out of gas as much this year so he didn't need to buy her as many. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this were the same guy claiming in other threads that his D3 bound middle schooler is on an ECNL team because they like the challenge. It's all about conspicuous consumption. His type are why there are so many issues with the boy's DA (They flooded it) and now why even D3 programs have to recruit overseas.
                  Now imagine my surprise in finding you here when I decided to see what this thread was about.

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

ENPL is coming. More news posted soon.

Comment

ENPL is coming. More news posted soon.
                        It's been up all day

ENPL announces Virginia National Premier League and Boys ECNL Southeast Conference as qualifying competitions

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Nov. 18, 2016) – The ground-breaking Elite National Premier League (ENPL) has announced its first qualifying league and first qualifying conference for the 2017-18 season.

Qualifying boys teams in five age groups from 14-U to 19-U from the Virginia NPL and from the Boys ECNL Southeast Conference will advance to the ENPL Playoffs in June 2018. These teams will earn qualification to the postseason ENPL Playoffs based on their performances throughout the regular season in their respective competitions.

By providing qualification paths for both team-based and club-based competitions, the ENPL will feature the very best boys players in US Club Soccer. The regular season competition within each NPL and within each boys ECNL Conference are unique and independently structured, but all teams will be focusing on the same post-season destination: the ENPL Playoffs.

The Virginia NPL includes the following clubs:
                        Annandale Boys and Girls
                        Chantilly Youth Association
                        FC Virginia
                        Northern Virginia SC
                        Prince William
                        Richmond Kickers
                        Richmond Strikers
                        Vienna Youth Soccer
                        Virginia Rush
                        Virginia Soccer Association
                        The Boys ECNL Southeast Conference includes the following initial clubs:

Atlanta Fire (GA)
                        Birmingham United SA (AL)
                        Carolina Elite SA (SC)
                        Concorde Fire (GA)
                        Florida Elite SA (FL)
                        Florida Kraze Krush (FL)
                        GSA (GA)
                        Jacksonville Armada (FL)
                        NASA Tophat (GA)
                        Orlando City Youth Soccer (FL)
                        Tampa Bay United (FL)
                        Tennessee SC (TN)

Additional boys ECNL Conferences and boys NPLs that will qualify into the ENPL will be announced in the coming weeks. The ENPL is a collaboration between US Club Soccer and the ECNL to raise standards in youth boys' soccer across the country.

Comment

Additional boys ECNL Conferences and boys NPLs that will qualify into the ENPL will be announced in the coming weeks. The ENPL is a collaboration between US Club Soccer and the ECNL to raise standards in youth boys' soccer across the country.
                          This is what he/she was talking about.

Comment

It's been up all day

ENPL announces Virginia National Premier League and Boys ECNL Southeast Conference as qualifying competitions

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Nov. 18, 2016) – The ground-breaking Elite National Premier League (ENPL) has announced its first qualifying league and first qualifying conference for the 2017-18 season.

Qualifying boys teams in five age groups from 14-U to 19-U from the Virginia NPL and from the Boys ECNL Southeast Conference will advance to the ENPL Playoffs in June 2018. These teams will earn qualification to the postseason ENPL Playoffs based on their performances throughout the regular season in their respective competitions.

By providing qualification paths for both team-based and club-based competitions, the ENPL will feature the very best boys players in US Club Soccer. The regular season competition within each NPL and within each boys ECNL Conference are unique and independently structured, but all teams will be focusing on the same post-season destination: the ENPL Playoffs.

The Virginia NPL includes the following clubs:
                            Annandale Boys and Girls
                            Chantilly Youth Association
                            FC Virginia
                            Northern Virginia SC
                            Prince William
                            Richmond Kickers
                            Richmond Strikers
                            Vienna Youth Soccer
                            Virginia Rush
                            Virginia Soccer Association
                            The Boys ECNL Southeast Conference includes the following initial clubs:

Atlanta Fire (GA)
                            Birmingham United SA (AL)
                            Carolina Elite SA (SC)
                            Concorde Fire (GA)
                            Florida Elite SA (FL)
                            Florida Kraze Krush (FL)
                            GSA (GA)
                            Jacksonville Armada (FL)
                            NASA Tophat (GA)
                            Orlando City Youth Soccer (FL)
                            Tampa Bay United (FL)
                            Tennessee SC (TN)

So bottom line, what's the difference between ENPL and NPL? NPL now travels in New England and then further for regionals and/or nationals a couple times a year. So is the core league the same geography, or does it now include NY/NJ/PA? Regardless, I have no dog in this hunt, but I don't see the need. If you don't want to play DAP but you're approaching that level of talent, you play for one of the good NPL teams. It's not like ENPL fills some talent level void between DAP and ENPL. I think the evidence generally shows that the need for national travel for most girls is overstated anyways (ie, almost all the girls end up in NE/NY), and that's definitely the case for boys (where there is little money besides). If you want to play decent D1 or to play for a "national" program, you play DAP. If you don't aspire to that, NPL works just fine- look at the high-level NPL teams and the kids place just fine (some D1s, D2s and D3s, almost all local). So is ENPL for the high-level /national program seeking D1 player who wants to play high school? If that's the point, we're slicing it pretty thin. You're not going to replace DAP, so seems like it's just going to replace NPL if you can convince people to travel more, maybe draw some DAP stragglers (who would have straggled to NPL anyways). Is the ploy to draw some non-MLS DAPs to switch?

Don't bite my head off- I'm no expert, and I'm just asking.

Comment

So bottom line, what's the difference between ENPL and NPL? NPL now travels in New England and then further for regionals and/or nationals a couple times a year. So is the core league the same geography, or does it now include NY/NJ/PA? Regardless, I have no dog in this hunt, but I don't see the need. If you don't want to play DAP but you're approaching that level of talent, you play for one of the good NPL teams. It's not like ENPL fills some talent level void between DAP and ENPL. I think the evidence generally shows that the need for national travel for most girls is overstated anyways (ie, almost all the girls end up in NE/NY), and that's definitely the case for boys (where there is little money besides). If you want to play decent D1 or to play for a "national" program, you play DAP. If you don't aspire to that, NPL works just fine- look at the high-level NPL teams and the kids place just fine (some D1s, D2s and D3s, almost all local). So is ENPL for the high-level /national program seeking D1 player who wants to play high school? If that's the point, we're slicing it pretty thin. You're not going to replace DAP, so seems like it's just going to replace NPL if you can convince people to travel more, maybe draw some DAP stragglers (who would have straggled to NPL anyways). Is the ploy to draw some non-MLS DAPs to switch?

Don't bite my head off- I'm no expert, and I'm just asking.
                              First keep in mind this was a retaliatory move because of USSF starting girls DA. ECNL was no only pissed off but they also smelled an opportunity. They definitely will pick up DA players, especially those from non MLS clubs. But beyond the power struggle NPL isn't consistent across the country - some regions have good clubs participating, others terrible. Bringing the ECNL framework to the boys side will hopefully bring some consistency to it all, plus have opportunities for showcases. With NPL there is only playoffs (if you make it) and a hodgepodge of other showcases you can attend (if you get in).

Comment

ENPL announces New England Premiership, New York Club Soccer League, Elite Development Program and
                                Boys ECNL Northeast Conference as qualifying competitions

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Dec. 1, 2016) – Building on the tremendous excitement of the announcement of the first qualifying competitions for the Elite National Premier League (ENPL) 10 days ago, the ENPL has now announced the qualifying National Premier Leagues and Boys ECNL Conference for the 2017-18 season in the Northeast.

Qualifying boys' teams in five age groups from 14-U to 19-U from the New England Premiership (NEP), the New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL), Elite Development Program (EDP) and from the Boys ECNL Northeast Conference will advance to the ENPL Playoffs in June 2018. These teams will earn qualification to the ENPL Playoffs, based on their performances throughout the regular season in their respective competitions.

By providing qualification paths for both team- and club-based competitions, the ENPL will feature the best boys players in US Club Soccer. The regular season competition within each NPL and Boys ECNL Conference are unique and independently structured; however, all teams will focus on the same postseason destination: the ENPL Playoffs.

The NEP covers the breadth of New England, with 20 member clubs and competition from 9-U to 23-U in both league and cup formats. Teams from NEP clubs were responsible for three NPL championships and two finalists during the 2016 NPL Finals, showing the depth and quality of the league. Member clubs are: Aztec Soccer (MA), Bayside FC (RI), Bruno United FC (RI), CFC North (CT), Liverpool International Academy (MA), FC USA Coastal (MA), FC Boston (MA), FC Stars (MA), GPS (MA), GPS (ME), GPS (NH), Lightning SC (NH), NEFC (MA), Seacoast United (MA), Seacoast United (ME), Seacoast United (NH), SFC New England (MA), Valeo FC (MA) and Western United Pioneers (MA).

Teams from the New England Premiership - NPL Divisions will have access to the ENPL platform. The NEP NPL Divisions will provide a clear, competitive and standards-focused pathway for top teams from these clubs to compete for an ENPL National Championship.

"The New England Premiership welcomes the opportunity to collaborate and cooperate with its partner clubs, NPLs and Boys ECNL conferences under the ENPL umbrella," said Sean Carey, NEP League Director. "Providing the appropriate level of competition and pathways for players on local, regional and national levels is a core value of the NEP and its member clubs. The ENPL platform will offer the opportunity for top players and teams to compete against like-minded, standards-driven teams and clubs on a national stage."

The NYCSL is the largest league in New York, with multiple levels of competition for teams in either the NPL division, the Premier League or the Travel League. The NYCSL also claimed one NPL title at the 2016 NPL Finals. Member clubs are: Brentwood Youth SC (NY), Brooklyn Italians SC (NY), Eastern FC (NY), Everton America (CT), Massapequa SC (NY), NY Elite FC (NY), NY Hota Bavarian SC (NY), Parsippany SC (NJ), Princeton SA NPL (NJ), Soccer Plus Academy (NY), STA (NJ) and SUSA FC (NY).

"The NYCSL is delighted to be a ENPL qualifying competition. Our NPL member clubs will benefit from the high-caliber regional and national exposure ENPL will offer and give their players a great opportunity to test themselves against some of the best players in the country," said John Curtis, NYCSL Technical Director. "The ENPL offers a true national platform and the inclusion of Boys ECNL qualifying competitions broadens the reach currently offered by NPL alone. We are very excited to see how this more comprehensive platform delivers improved opportunities to all NPL players."

The EDP – NPL Division includes teams throughout the Mid-Atlantic, with the primary concentration in New York and New Jersey. EDP teams also shined at the 2016 NPL Finals, matching the NEP with three NPL national championships and two runner-up finishes. Member clubs are: Bethesda SC (MD), FC Copa (NJ), Ironbound SC (NJ), Manhattan SC (NY), New York SC (NY), Pipeline SC (MD), SAC (MD), South Jersey Elite Barons (NJ) and TSF Academy (NJ).

"ENPL gives our members the opportunity to compete on a regional and national stage, which gives them a little something extra to play for throughout the year. Importantly, ENPL will push our membership to continue to create top-notch development environments for their players," said Alan Shilling, EDP CEO. "The most intriguing aspect of ENPL are the people and clubs who are involved. Surrounding ourselves with great minds who are committed to the game will allow our league and our members to stay at the forefront of player development within this sport."

All three NPLs feature strong Player Development Programs and a commitment to ongoing coaching development and education.

The Boys ECNL Northeast Conference will include clubs from Maryland to Massachusetts that have distinguished themselves in a variety of different competitions in US Club Soccer and elsewhere over the past years, including: Albertson SC (NY), Baltimore Celtic (MD), Connecticut FC (CT), Continental FC (PA), East Meadow (NY), FC Boston (MA), FC Stars (MA), FSA (CT), Maryland United (MD), Match Fit (NJ), Penn Fusion SA (PA) and World Class (NJ).

Additional Boys ECNL Conferences and Boys NPLs that will qualify into the ENPL will be announced in the coming weeks. The ENPL is a collaboration between US Club Soccer and the ECNL to raise standards in youth boys soccer across the country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X