Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private individual coaching.

Looking for a private coach/trainer for my dughter. Any recommendations? Have found Phil Tate 1 on 1 and Elite Soccer 1 on 1 on the web. Anyone use either of these guys? Are there others? South shore preferred.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for a private coach/trainer for my dughter. Any recommendations? Have found Phil Tate 1 on 1 and Elite Soccer 1 on 1 on the web. Anyone use either of these guys? Are there others? South shore preferred.
    Age and more importantly what are you looking to get out of it?

Comment

You do not want to go with Phil Tait. Seeing and Hearing real bad things about him over at AZTEC. I would not be wasting my money with him. He has done nothing that I can see to improve the skill level with Goal keepers or field players.

Again what is it you are looking for. Can better help.

Comment

U13 daughter. Looking for help with individual technical foot skills, technique, speed of play, and first touch to improve 1V1. IMHO...She's fast and athletic, understands the game, looks to pass when she should instead of trying to 1v1 or 1v2 (she knows her limitations), decent strike but needs help with above mentioned footwork. Loves the game and practices a lot on her own. She played ODP last year and there was a noticeable difference between her and many of the other girls in this regard. She played mostly for a small mom and pop club until this year and I don't think they spent enough time on individual skills vs team play

Comment

U13 daughter. Looking for help with individual technical foot skills, technique, speed of play, and first touch to improve 1V1. IMHO...She's fast and athletic, understands the game, looks to pass when she should instead of trying to 1v1 or 1v2 (she knows her limitations), decent strike but needs help with above mentioned footwork. Loves the game and practices a lot on her own. She played ODP last year and there was a noticeable difference between her and many of the other girls in this regard. She played mostly for a small mom and pop club until this year and I don't think they spent enough time on individual skills vs team play
          Reach out to Mike Blanch at Danvers Soccer. I know that sounds strange on a club forum but he does a good job and will give you great advice. He has been around the club seen along time and will be upfront with you.

Comment

You do not want to go with Phil Tait. Seeing and Hearing real bad things about him over at AZTEC. I would not be wasting my money with him. He has done nothing that I can see to improve the skill level with Goal keepers or field players.

Again what is it you are looking for. Can better help.
            Wrong. First, I recognize your writing style and know you're the person condemning Aztec at every turn by writing "Aztec" in all caps on other threads, so to anyone reading this thread, I wouldn't pay the above poster any attention because there is definitely a major axe to grind by this person/coach/parent.

My son trains with Phil Tait every week and says his training is the best private training he's ever received. Phil also trains JR at the Revs Academy (u18) and has for a few years, I think. He mixes up the training each week and my son says it's tough and targeted work. He also bounces ideas off of Phil and they briefly discuss his goals and how he can reach them outside of the training. Hope this helps - although I don't think Phil works on the South Shore, but you can reach him via his web site to ask. He is very responsive. Good luck!

Comment

Wrong. First, I recognize your writing style and know you're the person condemning Aztec at every turn by writing "Aztec" in all caps on other threads, so to anyone reading this thread, I wouldn't pay the above poster any attention because there is definitely a major axe to grind by this person/coach/parent.

My son trains with Phil Tait every week and says his training is the best private training he's ever received. Phil also trains JR at the Revs Academy (u18) and has for a few years, I think. He mixes up the training each week and my son says it's tough and targeted work. He also bounces ideas off of Phil and they briefly discuss his goals and how he can reach them outside of the training. Hope this helps - although I don't think Phil works on the South Shore, but you can reach him via his web site to ask. He is very responsive. Good luck!
              Seconded. My U16 daughter improved--skills and conditioning--more in roughly three weeks over the summer (~3 sessions per week) with Phil Tait and his female colleague than thru the spring season with her strong NPL team. Results at a high D3 id camp showed. The hype is warranted.

Comment

Seconded. My U16 daughter improved--skills and conditioning--more in roughly three weeks over the summer (~3 sessions per week) with Phil Tait and his female colleague than thru the spring season with her strong NPL team. Results at a high D3 id camp showed. The hype is warranted.
                Thanks for this; I posted about my son training with him just above and agree. Our son loves training with him. Meaningful training, really tough drills, and it's non-stop for the full time he's working with Phil. He gets a lot out of the sessions for sure. Phil is also really good about proactive communication, including sending us a "see your son tomorrow" confirmation the day before each training appointment.

Comment

This message brought to you by Phil

Comment

This message brought to you by Phil
                    Oh, give me a break and get over yourself. My son is 14, and I'm his mom, so I'm definitely not Phil. Write what you want and if you wrote the above regarding "AZTEC" in all caps, I definitely know who you are. Glad to see you are trying to still build yourself up by knocking others down.

My son began training with Phil about 4-5 weeks ago. Loves it, gets a ton out of it, and he's noticing the difference as he applies that training in other practices and games. He'll continue training with Phil for the foreseeable future.

Comment

You could look at the club you are with now and reach out to your current DOC and if not with your own club look at the clubs surrounding you, most run skill clinics and have coaches willing to train 1 on 1 or small group. A lot will be running them as soon as the fall season is over and most will go all the way through to spring.

Comment

Who is Phil Tait?! Ive never heard of him? Does he coach?

Comment

You could look at the club you are with now and reach out to your current DOC and if not with your own club look at the clubs surrounding you, most run skill clinics and have coaches willing to train 1 on 1 or small group. A lot will be running them as soon as the fall season is over and most will go all the way through to spring.
                          Don't do private training with a club coach where you are now...too many issues involved. Go outside to avoid politics, hints of favoritism etc as well as to get a different style of coaching

Comment

Don't do private training with a club coach where you are now...too many issues involved. Go outside to avoid politics, hints of favoritism etc as well as to get a different style of coaching
                            I always found that the college coaches that weren't affiliated with a club were the best options for this. Most know their stuff and they typically have much better availability than the club coaches do during the offseason. Pretty hard to fit in private lessons when you are coaching 3-4 teams at a time.

Comment

What about the flip side of this: Do private training with your club's DOC so you get the political advantage, the benefits of favoritism, and learn what the club is looking for in terms of playing style. Seen it work.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X