Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm talking about keepers out of Massachusetts...
    You know every single Massachusetts keeper?

Comment

You know every single Massachusetts keeper?
      That went and played in D1 or D2 in the last 5 years?? Yes.

Comment

That went and played in D1 or D2 in the last 5 years?? Yes.
        Curious how that is possible. Not being snarky. Every single D1 and D2 college? Is there some sort of list?

Comment

A few key issues to address:

Goals: What are his college playing aspirations? Are they consistent with what his club coach thinks is achievable? Is it consistent with his academic goals? That conversation needs to happen pronto

Training: not all GK training is equal and that's true even at the DA level. Carefully research the gk coaches at any option you're considering, especially their track record of developing their charges. Weigh that vs what he's doing at his club or individually

Playing time: as discussed it's hard to come by for DA keepers. While it's more consistent with what happens at the college level, never playing isn't good for development, even for keepers.

Realism: Obviously it's difficult to predict the future. He could do DA and it works out great -plays, reaches his college goals etc. Or he could do DA, never play, maybe it helps with college but he will have given up a great deal in the process. In the end virtually no one will ever go pro. Keep your eyes on the academic prize because that's what matters most.

Comment

Curious how that is possible. Not being snarky. Every single D1 and D2 college? Is there some sort of list?

There is a pretty comprehensive list on TS and as you go up in levels the pool of quality keepers gets smaller and smaller. If you have a kid in that group, you tend to know almost all of them and you are aware of the others.

Comment

Poster is full of ****e. Besides last I checked there's 49 other states, just over 800 D1-D3 programs. At an average of 3.5 keepers per program....well you get the idea.

Comment

Poster is full of ****e. Besides last I checked there's 49 other states, just over 800 D1-D3 programs. At an average of 3.5 keepers per program....well you get the idea.
                Right there are 49 other states, but as stated I am talking about MASSACHUSETTS.

Comment

I can only think of one gk in the past 5 years who didn't play DAP that gets significant playing time in college. Good Luck.
                  What about international keepers. BC has one. He never played DAP

The junior starter for UCONN never played DAP. He's primary backups didn't either

Comment

What about international keepers. BC has one. He never played DAP

The junior starter for UCONN never played DAP. He's primary backups didn't either
                    Are these keepers from Massachusetts? I've made it very clear that I am talking about Mass. International keepers don't apply either.

Comment

Right there are 49 other states, but as stated I am talking about MASSACHUSETTS.
                      Who cares? Do MA have special rules that don't apply anywhere else?

Typical TS poster - an unwillingness to accept that outside their own little bubble things might be different.

Comment

Are these keepers from Massachusetts? I've made it very clear that I am talking about Mass. International keepers don't apply either.
                        Your statement makes no sense in isolation. International players are becoming a bigger part of the game.

One of the UCONN backup keepers came from Mass prep school and lives in Mass

Comment

Who cares? Do MA have special rules that don't apply anywhere else?

Typical TS poster - an unwillingness to accept that outside their own little bubble things might be different.
                          I'm of the mind that the OP is from Massachusetts, therefore I told him that I only know of one keeper out of MA that is getting significant playing time having not played DAP. I'm not unwilling to accept anything. I set forth a specific example and wished him good luck. That is all.

Comment

Your statement makes no sense in isolation. International players are becoming a bigger part of the game.

One of the UCONN backup keepers came from Mass prep school and lives in Mass
                            Yes, and those international players are taking roster spots from kids from the US that are unprepared and undertrained. We shall see whether or not he remains a backup for his whole career.

Comment

I'm of the mind that the OP is from Massachusetts, therefore I told him that I only know of one keeper out of MA that is getting significant playing time having not played DAP. I'm not unwilling to accept anything. I set forth a specific example and wished him good luck. That is all.
                              New to thread but read it all the way through. I admittedly am a CT lurker (the CT board has very little for DA discussion). I'm pretty sure I know who the OP is and he's from CT. Description of his player is very specific and unique and CT is even smaller than MA. If that's the case I'd say to the OP definitely do your research. The GK coaching at my kids' CT DA club leaves a lot to be desired and we personally know one GK who turned down a spot because of it.

Comment

New to thread but read it all the way through. I admittedly am a CT lurker (the CT board has very little for DA discussion). I'm pretty sure I know who the OP is and he's from CT. Description of his player is very specific and unique and CT is even smaller than MA. If that's the case I'd say to the OP definitely do your research. The GK coaching at my kids' CT DA club leaves a lot to be desired and we personally know one GK who turned down a spot because of it.
                                Obviously, he has to do his own thing, and if he is from CT...I admittedly know nothing about their DAPs or GK training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X