Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mighty NPL parent , relax , you're not in the ACC tough guy.
    With the title of the thread "best club in MA" and parents touting the club, a little comeuppance is to be expected.

Lighten up Francis!

Comment

With the title of the thread "best club in MA" and parents touting the club, a little comeuppance is to be expected.

Lighten up Francis!
      You're not as smart as you'd like to appear. Threads like this get started by people who want this club attacked on this forum, not by SSS.

Comment

You're not as smart as you'd like to appear. Threads like this get started by people who want this club attacked on this forum, not by SSS.
        And the years of posting about how great the club is?
        ...Let me guess....trolling....c'mon. You're better than that

Comment

Well, now that SSS is playing real completion (NPL, not ECNL level) getting a free walk to the post season is now over....welcome back to earth.

Comment

Well, now that SSS is playing real completion (NPL, not ECNL level) getting a free walk to the post season is now over....welcome back to earth.
            Real competition? They have pounded the ECNL teams in tournaments for years. Now they have to play up a year to get competition.

Comment

Simply not true!

Comment

Real competition? They have pounded the ECNL teams in tournaments for years. Now they have to play up a year to get competition.
                And their AP players guest played on their third level team this weekend!

What to go Select....

Comment

What to go Select....
                  Why do you care whose playing on what teams for Select? Sounds like sour grapes from someone who didn't have a good experience at Select. Probably a good idea for you to move on.

Comment

What to go Select....
                    And how exactly would you know this? Do you attend all SSS games and verify rosters? Troll their website? Maybe they did do this but for you to know who is on each roster is kind of freaky

Comment

And how exactly would you know this? Do you attend all SSS games and verify rosters? Troll their website? Maybe they did do this but for you to know who is on each roster is kind of freaky
                      Not the OP, but it is quite easy to tell when players aren't rostered on a team and are playing down. Usually there is a huge skill/size/athleticism gap between players and it is obvious that the level of competition is below the level of the player playing down. Then there are the little details, like multiple players with the same jersey number, or players with slightly different uniforms (different colored shorts/socks).

The easiest way to identify the top players slumming it is when you see them step off the field from one game and step on the field for a second game with a different team.

I've seen every permutation of the above from a number of clubs, including FC Stars, NEFC, GPS, SSS, Liverpool/CSU, etc. The only time I think it is acceptable is when the team in question is short players or has a small roster and needs subs. However, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a full bench of players and yet the ringers are on the field anyway. I have never seen that with NEFC or GPS. Tells me all I need to know about the other clubs and their focus on winning over development.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Not the OP, but it is quite easy to tell when players aren't rostered on a team and are playing down. Usually there is a huge skill/size/athleticism gap between players and it is obvious that the level of competition is below the level of the player playing down. Then there are the little details, like multiple players with the same jersey number, or players with slightly different uniforms (different colored shorts/socks).

The easiest way to identify the top players slumming it is when you see them step off the field from one game and step on the field for a second game with a different team.

I've seen every permutation of the above from a number of clubs, including FC Stars, NEFC, GPS, SSS, Liverpool/CSU, etc. The only time I think it is acceptable is when the team in question is short players or has a small roster and needs subs. However, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a full bench of players and yet the ringers are on the field anyway. I have never seen that with NEFC or GPS. Tells me all I need to know about the other clubs and their focus on winning over development.
                        Then you haven't watched many NEFC or GPS games. You can't name a single player those clubs have developed. Stopped dumping on SSS.

Comment

So, if they are in the same age groups the AP teams players all have a huge size advantage on players on the club teams within the same age group? If you looked at Messi then you would know he would be on Barca's lower team by his size?

Comment

Then you haven't watched many NEFC or GPS games. You can't name a single player those clubs have developed. Stopped dumping on SSS.
                            LOL. Straw man arguments fail. I have kids in both clubs mentioned above so I have seen plenty of games over a number of years. I have never seen either of those clubs bring in club pass players that weren't needed because of injuries or the team being short rostered.

Just embrace the fact that SSS puts winning above development. How do the players on the 2nd/3rd/4th team feel when they sit the bench because a ringer is on the field? How is that helping their development? It isn't. How is playing against lower competition for a top player help their development? It doesn't. You aren't alone. I've see the same behavior from FC Stars. The funny thing were the parents of kids on the team who made excuses when we called them out on the ringer. "No, no, she was officially rostered on this team, but got moved up mid-season". Right...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              LOL. Straw man arguments fail. I have kids in both clubs mentioned above so I have seen plenty of games over a number of years. I have never seen either of those clubs bring in club pass players that weren't needed because of injuries or the team being short rostered.

Just embrace the fact that SSS puts winning above development. How do the players on the 2nd/3rd/4th team feel when they sit the bench because a ringer is on the field? How is that helping their development? It isn't. How is playing against lower competition for a top player help their development? It doesn't. You aren't alone. I've see the same behavior from FC Stars. The funny thing were the parents of kids on the team who made excuses when we called them out on the ringer. "No, no, she was officially rostered on this team, but got moved up mid-season". Right...
                              You activists on this board keep spinning your tale. My D played against Stars by the way in a fall tournament and I was impressed that the coach played ECNL and NPL players evenly. We understand that this is NEFC's thing to bash other clubs regardless of the truth, and don't get us started on GPS, but you still can't answer OP's question.

Comment

So, if they are in the same age groups the AP teams players all have a huge size advantage on players on the club teams within the same age group? If you looked at Messi then you would know he would be on Barca's lower team by his size?
                                Every female impact player I've seen playing down has absolutely had an advantage in size. Not to say there aren't smaller players playing on high level teams that occasionally play down, the ones that really stand out are the early physical developers.

Messi is another straw man argument and takes away from the discussion. My son's team has lots of small, skilled players playing up a year. Guess what, they aren't nearly as impactful as the boy who is a head taller and faster than everyone else. It has to do with the age groups we're talking about. You won't hear this at U15/16/17 because the girls are all done growing and filling out. Right now, that isn't the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X