Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIAA Chemical Health Rule

Pentucket girl varsity girls soccer lost 8 players for at least the next 4 games for violating the MIAA Chemical Health Rule.

After reading in the Newburyport news there playoff run has just come to an end.

Newburyport News
    The next four games are extremely important for the 2-5-2 Sachems if they’re going to climb back to playoff contention. Pentucket will play a very good Hamilton-Wenham (6-1-1) club before taking on Amesbury, Ipswich and Triton. The Sachems need some wins during that stretch before facing some of the CAL’s top competition in Lynnfield, North Reading and Masconomet.

Stories like this are always interesting to me because they happen a lot more often than getting to this point of being in the news. It seems like unless there's a police report, either by pressuring parents and/or unethical athletic directors, things get swept under the rug.

Comment

I have no idea of what happened or what went down but am glad this didn't get swept under the rug. I do feel that miaa needs to put out a suspension list to monitor this problem and also give the kids a dope slap showing them what will happen.

Comment

Usually when kids get suspended it's one or two at a time. Eight is very unusual. But I agree it's good that it's out there so kids see that there are serious consequences to violating the rules. When it is just one kid here or there it might not be readily apparent

Comment

Chemical Health Rule? They wash uniforms in bleach without permission?

Comment

It was not reported in the paper that was a right up from Saturday's Newburyport vs Pentucket ALS cup match.
            It's a secret done tell anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Pentucket girl varsity girls soccer lost 8 players for at least the next 4 games for violating the MIAA Chemical Health Rule.

After reading in the Newburyport news there playoff run has just come to an end.

Newburyport News
              The next four games are extremely important for the 2-5-2 Sachems if they’re going to climb back to playoff contention. Pentucket will play a very good Hamilton-Wenham (6-1-1) club before taking on Amesbury, Ipswich and Triton. The Sachems need some wins during that stretch before facing some of the CAL’s top competition in Lynnfield, North Reading and Masconomet.
              guidelines for penalties:

http://miaa.net/gen/miaa_generated_b...thbrochure.pdf

Comment

Just read a posting on Facebook that 16 Pentucket girls soccer players are out for 4 games. It did not say how many of them are varsity players.

Comment

Just read a posting on Facebook that 16 Pentucket girls soccer players are out for 4 games. It did not say how many of them are varsity players.
                  Told my daughter over the summer to take no chances, it's a commitment to soccer or your social life. If you're at a party, good chance alcohol or worse will be present, when you know it is, you need to leave. No exceptions.

Comment

Told my daughter over the summer to take no chances, it's a commitment to soccer or your social life. If you're at a party, good chance alcohol or worse will be present, when you know it is, you need to leave. No exceptions.
                    And the thing is, even if kids stay dry at a party, you got nitwits posting party pics all over the place.

Comment

If the MIAA really wanted to address the issue they would institute mandatory drug testing and do away with the self reporting BS. It causes uneven enforcement which is beyond unfair.

Comment

And the thing is, even if kids stay dry at a party, you got nitwits posting party pics all over the place.
                        ...nitwits with little to lose, who have not worked for what little they have, and who probably get a charge out of f*cking things up for a kid who has schlepped to soccer...or piano...or art or...you name it...four to six days a week since she was 11 years old, all while the nitwit was watching tube and perfecting her social media skills.
                        (I have premonitions of this when my 8 year old little Landon spends time at the homes of non-athletes after school and then says "I'm tired...do I have to go to practice tonight?" "DAMN right you do. AND thats the last time you hang out with Tommy Television." Gotta nip these things in the bud.)

Comment

If the MIAA really wanted to address the issue they would institute mandatory drug testing and do away with the self reporting BS. It causes uneven enforcement which is beyond unfair.
                          I would not object if they drug test my kid but it won't do much for tobacco or alcohol.

Comment

I would not object if they drug test my kid but it won't do much for tobacco or alcohol.
                            Scary how people have no issue giving away constitutional rights under the guise of "it won't effect me or mine"...

Comment

Scary how people have no issue giving away constitutional rights under the guise of "it won't effect me or mine"...
                              As long as they don't take away anyones AK 47

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X