• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Kid not in age group
    2. Kid not at GPS
    3. I know it isn't the point of this age group
    4. I have code lying around from parsing stats for fantasy football, it wasn't much work.

Thanks for being the first person to try to pidgeon-hole me on this anonymous site. You are doing god's work.
    Now come on. If you take away some poster's chance to slam GPS, many don't have a viable function in life.

Comment

The results are interesting, but really mean nothing as far as this groups development is concerned, and even less about each club in general. You can stack a team and coach for wins without doing much to develop your roster. I am more curious about the quantity and quality of training at each club.

I like that no team has won more than half of their games. There does seem to be some pretty good competition.

Comment

You might want to educate yourself on this program. Look at the USSF site for details. 9v9 with large rosters so there are 2 teams.

Actually it's 11v11 on a 110x70 pitch (except Valeo's field which is smaller). It's called U12 by USSDA, but they are 2004 birth year so technically U13.

Comment

Actually it's 11v11 on a 110x70 pitch (except Valeo's field which is smaller). It's called U12 by USSDA, but they are 2004 birth year so technically U13.
          U12 DA is not 11v11. That would leave each team with a maximum of 2 subs as the rosters are limited to 26, and several clubs only have 24 rostered.

Comment

U12 DA is not 11v11. That would leave each team with a maximum of 2 subs as the rosters are limited to 26, and several clubs only have 24 rostered.

SO NPL teams with birth year 2004 play 11v11, yet the USSDA still play small field 9v9? What is the benefit of delaying the progression to the bigger pitch?

Comment

1. Kid not in age group
              2. Kid not at GPS
              3. I know it isn't the point of this age group
              4. I have code lying around from parsing stats for fantasy football, it wasn't much work.

Thanks for being the first person to try to pidgeon-hole me on this anonymous site. You are doing god's work.
              I enjoyed this post. LOL

Comment

This is interesting and perhaps discloses why Seacoast is poor at U13 and above. I guess USSF gave RI a gift but it appears that Bayside cannot attract enough player from NEFC yet.
                Why would Bayside attract from NEFC?

Comment

SO NPL teams with birth year 2004 play 11v11, yet the USSDA still play small field 9v9? What is the benefit of delaying the progression to the bigger pitch?
                  I don't get why everyone is obsessed with moving up to 11v11. Clubs around the world that develop players for $$$ all seem to agree that 8v8/9v9 at U12 is developmentally appropriate.

Comment

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with moving up to 11v11. Clubs around the world that develop players for $$$ all seem to agree that 8v8/9v9 at U12 is developmentally appropriate.
                    Correct. 9v9 better format for that age level to develop possession mentality, build-up play, quick decision-making, etc.

Comment

It is not always A/B. Sometimes it's younger/older, sometimes it's balanced. The coaches speak with one another during the week and agree on how to arrange teams.

Comment

This is interesting and perhaps discloses why Seacoast is poor at U13 and above. I guess USSF gave RI a gift but it appears that Bayside cannot attract enough player from NEFC yet.
                        Seacoast's 13's/2003's are VERY good. You don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Wow, I really messed up that first table. I copy/pasted home & away logic and didn't flip the right variables. I should have done some quality control... This should be correct.

PPG_ P W L D GF GA GD Team
                          1.80 18 5 2 3 19 13 6 NEFC U-12
                          1.60 16 5 4 1 25 17 8 FC Boston Bolts U-12
                          1.60 16 4 2 4 26 18 8 Global Premier Soccer U-12
                          1.87 15 4 1 3 33 20 13 Valeo Futbol Club U-12
                          1.50 12 4 4 0 19 19 0 Oakwood Soccer Club U-12
                          0.83 10 3 8 1 24 50 -26 Bayside FC U-12
                          0.80 08 2 6 2 27 36 -9 Seacoast United U-12
                          Umm, are you posting the A teams records? Bolts are on top.

Comment

Umm, are you posting the A teams records? Bolts are on top.
                            Bolts are average and will always be average. Watched many DA games this fall. Defending and counter attacking is not development.

Comment

Bolts are average and will always be average. Watched many DA games this fall. Defending and counter attacking is not development.
                              Oh O.k. anything you say coach.

Comment

Seacoast's 13's/2003's are VERY good. You don't know what you're talking about.
                                Is that the team coached by the former men's head coach of Univ of NH?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X