Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Booohooohooohooo ... East Bridgewater is a BIG Bully! Insanity.

Available players (girls only) for SSL schools …

Sullivan
    1. MIDDLEBORO (the bullied) … 389
    2. Norwell … 352
    3. East Bridgewater … 324
    4. Rockland … 284
    5. Randolph … 314

Tobin
    1. Abington … 236
    2. Carver … 214
    3. Cohasset … 201
    4. Mashpee … 208
    5. Hull … 148

Other schools East Bridgewater played (bullied) this year …
    1. Weymouth … 932
    2. Bridgewater-Raynham … 746
    3. Whitman-Hanson … 601
    4. North Quincy … 591
    5. West Bridgewater … 238

How about simply congratulating a small/local/neighboring town and its kids/parents/coaches/youth programs for working hard over the course of many years to elevate its soccer program?

Since you are trolling “talkingsoccer”, I assume soccer must be among your favorite sports? Shouldn’t you be in support of towns that put this much effort into prioritizing it?
    Stop whining and join your local youth soccer board. See if you can make a positive difference for your town instead of bad-mouthing towns that are working hard at it!

http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/state_r...ntbygrade.aspx
    EB couldn't bully WH on their best day. They also lost to Norwell in a game to win the league outright. Classic front runners beat up on the weak and crumble when it means something. Back to earth next year when all these seniors graduate.

Comment

EB couldn't bully WH on their best day. They also lost to Norwell in a game to win the league outright. Classic front runners beat up on the weak and crumble when it means something. Back to earth next year when all these seniors graduate.
      OK? Was that meant to be a counterpoint?

My point (meant to be facetious) was that they ARE playing against strong teams like Norwell & WH and so the OPs should stop the whining.

Nice job finding your own personal dark cloud in there Mr./Mrs WH. Don't worry, I STILL think WH is a terrific program ... That make you feel better?

Comment

Sullivan
        2. Norwell … 352
        4. Rockland … 284
        5. Randolph … 314

Tobin
        1. Abington … 236
        2. Carver … 214
        3. Cohasset … 201
        4. Mashpee … 208
        5. Hull … 148

1. Weymouth … 932
        3. Whitman-Hanson … 601
        4. North Quincy … 591

How about simply congratulating a small/local/neighboring town and its kids/parents/coaches/youth programs for working hard over the course of many years to elevate its soccer program?

Since you are trolling “talkingsoccer”, I assume soccer must be among your favorite sports? Shouldn’t you be in support of towns that put this much effort into prioritizing it?
        Stop whining and join your local youth soccer board. See if you can make a positive difference for your town instead of bad-mouthing towns that are working hard at it!

You need professional help.

Comment

You need professional help.
          Ditto - way too much effort for any balanced individual to spend on defending the thread they likely started to begin with - lmbo and that's laughing my butt off for you grammar nazis

Comment

Ditto - way too much effort for any balanced individual to spend on defending the thread they likely started to begin with - lmbo and that's laughing my butt off for you grammar nazis
            I take it you have not read the list guys (dads) yet on the other threads. Those guys take the cake.

Comment

blowouts in soccer

Sullivan
              2. Norwell … 352
              4. Rockland … 284
              5. Randolph … 314

Tobin
              1. Abington … 236
              2. Carver … 214
              3. Cohasset … 201
              4. Mashpee … 208
              5. Hull … 148

1. Weymouth … 932
              3. Whitman-Hanson … 601
              4. North Quincy … 591

Relex EB dad. Where does it say anything about being a bully. The post is saying they should move up You actually made the argument for them. MIDDLEBORO, Norwell ad randolph already play in a higher division than EB for the tournament. You're the best. Lets see how good you do next year when you lose your whole team and you have to move up

Comment

Relex EB dad. Where does it say anything about being a bully. The post is saying they should move up You actually made the argument for them. MIDDLEBORO, Norwell ad randolph already play in a higher division than EB for the tournament. You're the best. Lets see how good you do next year when you lose your whole team and you have to move up
                Ugh! Determined to squeeze down that rat hole huh? ... ok then

For starters, I was reacting to the tone of the OP and several subsequent posters. The sour grapes about EB’s success rubbed me the wrong way. Simple as that. Was not attacking other programs, simply defending my own. Perhaps my sardonic tone was not as obvious as I thought it would be.

It is refreshing to hear from someone who is clearly rooting for the downfall of a neighboring town rather than simply enjoying the success of your own excellent program.

On a positive note ...

I am pleased that they are moving up and being challenged. It is symptomatic of the success of EB’s program. They will be just fine in D3 despite your obvious desire to see them fail (are we THAT ingrained in WH’s Psyche? Perhaps. We will get to that in a bit.). We understand that we can't be state champs every year and now the bar has been raised for us.

Not sure where your information about the entire EB team leaving is coming from. There are several talented underclassmen left ... even after .... well ... you know .... right?

The side of this WH/EB thing which I politely omitted.

But since you continue to focus delightedly on the impending doom of EB's program, why don't you go ahead and share with everyone else where several of EBs talented underclassmen are now playing? You obviously have your finger firmly on the pulse of the state of EB soccer?

No? Ok ... I guess I would be remiss if I did not at least attempt to shield EB from your exuberant allegations of our impending doom. For the record, the "depletion" of EBs program is an odd point for WH-Mom to underscore. Don't you think?

Admittedly EB would be even stronger if WH's Coach (EB resident and EB Youth Soccer President) wasn't busy recruiting EB underclassmen to play over there at WH (Don't you agree?).

I have to say, that can NOT be sitting well with the WH parents who's daughters might be missing out on an opportunity to represent their OWN High School (agreed?). How many EB underclassmen are over there now? Three? Four? Five? I am losing track. And a fresh new batch coming next year I hear as well! Congratulations on your success.

And before you reply predictably with something smarmy and clever about why YOU think they are moving over. Save your breath. EVERYONE already knows why and I already covered it.

Don't worry though ... As good neighbors, we are happy to do our part to help WH stay competitive in a VERY tough D1.

Just say thank you next time.

Comment

Omg - this thread is entertaining, what a soap opera...

Comment

For starters, I was reacting to the tone of the OP and several subsequent posters. The sour grapes about EB’s success rubbed me the wrong way. Simple as that. Was not attacking other programs, simply defending my own. Perhaps my sardonic tone was not as obvious as I thought it would be.

It is refreshing to hear from someone who is clearly rooting for the downfall of a neighboring town rather than simply enjoying the success of your own excellent program.

On a positive note ...

I am pleased that they are moving up and being challenged. It is symptomatic of the success of EB’s program. They will be just fine in D3 despite your obvious desire to see them fail (are we THAT ingrained in WH’s Psyche? Perhaps. We will get to that in a bit.). We understand that we can't be state champs every year and now the bar has been raised for us.

Not sure where your information about the entire EB team leaving is coming from. There are several talented underclassmen left ... even after .... well ... you know .... right?

But since you continue to focus delightedly on the impending doom of EB's program, why don't you go ahead and share with everyone else where several of EBs talented underclassmen are now playing? You obviously have your finger firmly on the pulse of the state of EB soccer?

No? Ok ... I guess I would be remiss if I did not at least attempt to shield EB from your exuberant allegations of our impending doom. For the record, the "depletion" of EBs program is an odd point for WH-Mom to underscore. Don't you think?

Admittedly EB would be even stronger if WH's Coach (EB resident and EB Youth Soccer President) wasn't busy recruiting EB underclassmen to play over there at WH (Don't you agree?).

I have to say, that can NOT be sitting well with the WH parents who's daughters might be missing out on an opportunity to represent their OWN High School (agreed?). How many EB underclassmen are over there now? Three? Four? Five? I am losing track. And a fresh new batch coming next year I hear as well! Congratulations on your success.

And before you reply predictably with something smarmy and clever about why YOU think they are moving over. Save your breath. EVERYONE already knows why and I already covered it.

Don't worry though ... As good neighbors, we are happy to do our part to help WH stay competitive in a VERY tough D1.

-Says the biggest helicopter parent in EB history

Comment

-Says the biggest helicopter parent in EB history
                      Hahaha ... You are probably right! Good luck in the tourney WH ... You DO have a great team!

---------------+---------------
                      ___ /^^[___ _
                      /|^+----+ |#___________//
                      ( -+ |_EB_| _______-----+/
                      ==_________--' \
                      ~_|___|__

Comment

blowouts in soccer

[

OMG-someone is way too sensitive about EB. Keep up those great posts. Maybe you need a hug from a WH neighbor to make you feel better?

---------------+---------------
                        ___ /^^[___ _
                        /|^+----+ |#___________//
                        ( -+ |_EB_| _______-----+/
                        ==_________--' \
                        ~_|___|__[/QUOTE]

Comment

On a positive note ...

Moving from D4 to D3 has nothing to do with the success of the soccer team . It has to growth of the town and increased enrollment in grades 9-12 . Divisions in high school is based on enrollment.

Comment

Moving from D4 to D3 has nothing to do with the success of the soccer team . It has to growth of the town and increased enrollment in grades 9-12 . Divisions in high school is based on enrollment.
                            Lower divisions play weaker overall schedules because schools with smaller enrollment have less talent to choose from. It's just math. Sorry.

Comment

Lower divisions play weaker overall schedules because schools with smaller enrollment have less talent to choose from. It's just math. Sorry.
                              Exactly. If a small school has a D1 caliber player and a few very good teammates, generally they will dominate. I don't understand why people get so up in arms over it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X