Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    64 teams 32 games played in the first round and the most lopsided score biggest margin of victory, loss in the country was Stevens 8, Colby Sawyer 0, 6-0 at the half. This is the NCAA tournament.
    So what's your point? South Carolina won 7-0 and PSU won 6-0 over the Patriot League champ. There's disparity at all levels of soccer. (And have you watched the NCAA b-ball tourney?)

Comment

So what's your point? South Carolina won 7-0 and PSU won 6-0 over the Patriot League champ. There's disparity at all levels of soccer. (And have you watched the NCAA b-ball tourney?)
      I believe the point the person was making is that all those teams do not belong in the NCAA Tournament and therefore better teams don't get in because of those weak teams and weak conferences.

Comment

Congratulations to Brandeis team. Coming back from 2 goals down with 15min to go in lousy weather was quite a feat.

Good luck in the Final Four!

Comment

Congratulations to Brandeis team. Coming back from 2 goals down with 15min to go in lousy weather was quite a feat.

Good luck in the Final Four!
          3 teams from the same conference, the UAA, in the final four! Not Nescac, UAA. What about Williams losing 1-4 at home to Messiah!

Comment

3 teams from the same conference, the UAA, in the final four! Not Nescac, UAA. What about Williams losing 1-4 at home to Messiah!
            Congrats to the schools, and the UAA.

Wonderful conference, filled with top flight research universities. Great choice for a more balanced approach to college than D1. But the lack of athletic scholarships makes it difficult for many students to afford the price. But there are generous financial aid packages available based on need.

My sister is a divorced school teacher and her ex is a public employee. They have 2 kids, one of whom is a sophmore at a very good UAA school. They pay about $5000 per year as their parental obligation. Very little of the aid is loans. Great deal.

Comment

Yes, the women's side for UAA have had a good year.
              On the men's side UAA has Brandeis there, too, as does NESCAC in Tufts.
              Both have been there before.

It's interesting that the UAA folks seem to have a chip on their shoulders that has NESCAC stamped on in it large letters, yet I never see NESCAC fans feel the need to put down the UAA. Anyone know what's at the root of that?

Comment

Yes, the women's side for UAA have had a good year.
                On the men's side UAA has Brandeis there, too, as does NESCAC in Tufts.
                Both have been there before.

It's interesting that the UAA folks seem to have a chip on their shoulders that has NESCAC stamped on in it large letters, yet I never see NESCAC fans feel the need to put down the UAA. Anyone know what's at the root of that?
                Around here, Nescac generally viewed as the gold standard (academics plus sports) in a way that UAA is not. Part of this is just geographic, as most of the Uaa schools aren't around here. The schools aren't really comparable though- most uaa's are bigger research universities in cities as opposed to nescac's small liberal arts colleges in the hoonies. Around here, admission is easier at Brandeis than the Nescacs, so I imagine that's part of where the chip is from (i.e., kid didn't get admitted to Williams). But schools like uchicago and wash u are super selective and amongst the finest academic institutions anywhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X