Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe that several of the really good D1 teams have lost a number of starters. Needham that has a wonderful program has lost several great players, I can't imagine they being as good as last year, but they are well coached so who knows. I would think that Whitman-Hanson finally wins the state championship after coming close for the last two years. I am tired about hearing about them having girls from other towns playing for them. They should just be looked at just like Bishop Feehan and Central Catholic who have girls from out of state for Pete's sake. Look to the South Shore for several talented teams. Marshfield, Silver Lake, along with Whitman-Hanson should be very good this year. Good Luck to all!
    Marshfield travels to WH for season opener on Tuesday and should be a battle.

Comment

Because they are taking spots on the team from residents of those towns. Whatever happened to school pride? Whatever happened to playing with your friends? Remember the youth programs that feed players into the high school program? I can question the program because I pay taxes in the town. You don't. My taxes paid for the field, the school, the infrastructure, the teachers, the buses and more. I'd rather see local kids, not kids from Abington and Norton play on OUR fields. Local kids who came up through OUR youth program. Those are the kids I will support. I know two kids who won't play soccer this year because they are tired of working their butts off and can't find a path to a varsity spot because it's already been promised to another NEFC player.

For those naysayers who say "too bad if your little Mia isn't as good as those other players." That's a load of hooey. Best players should make the team but not if they are not from the district.

I've been on the sidelines with these out of town parents and heard them snicker about the WH program. I know they could give a hoot about what the folks from WH think. They only care about getting their kids noticed by a D-! program. And for one them, it's worked. Already committed to a D-1 program, Congratulations and thank you for using WH to your benefit.

I'll never support school choice for athletic reasons----ever. I'll say it again. Go back to Abington and Norton to play for your own schools. From what I hear, they can use you. Leave us be...................................
      Bravo. The classless apologists will never understand and emptomize the problems facing this country. Sadly, they are too narcistic to notice.

Comment

Please go back to your rat infested town.

Comment

Marshfield travels to WH for season opener on Tuesday and should be a battle.
          No, I'm sorry. It won't be. Marshfield is pretty weak, compared to the top D1 schools.

Comment

Bravo. The classless apologists will never understand and emptomize the problems facing this country. Sadly, they are too narcistic to notice.
            Are you trying to say that you support this nativist towny mentality? Are "the problems facing this country" that not enough people are so tribal in their thinking?

Comment

Plenty of kids from Whitman and Hanson on the team to root for. Kids have no input in who plays or who doesn't. In case you don't know how it works playing for WH doesn't get you a scholarship playing for nefc at showcases does.
              Then play for club and give another kid a chance to play for their school.

Comment

Check...mate

Comment

WH is not the mecca of academia.

Comment

so all this whining about school choice and kids playing soccer is ridiculous. Dont you have more important things to worry about. I am in a school district where due to budget cuts, everything other than just core classes is now a la carte and we pay for almost everything "extra" for the kids that used to just be part of school. Because we have some school choice kids and the funds it brings (we dont pay for those kids), some fees got removed, we were able to get the kids some computers and other sorely needed things. If my son doesnt play as much or doesnt make the soccer team because a couple of kids come fully paid and are better than him, I will take the academic benefits and financial support. Amazing that soccer is what people are focusing on with school choice. If he is good enough to get to play in college it will be because of club exposure. If he doesnt make the team, he simply wasnt good enough to make the cut.

Comment

Then talk to your local state rep and change the law. Parents get to choose where their kids can go to school if they want. And the taxes they pay are used to send funds to the school to pay. If you pay, you can play.

Comment

Check...mate
                        Yeah...you are right..and dont take a spot from Jimmy in the marching band or suzie in the drama club in the fall play. Oh but wait, thats not soccer so people dont care and its different

Comment

Sorry my comment about W-H got this off track. There are many public schools (regional) that draw from other towns. While I do feel bad about kids not getting for their town team, this is the world we live in. That is why I really enjoy seeing these "town" teams (Needham, Peabody, Franklin, Weymouth, Oliver Ames) traditionally playing very well in the state tournament. .... This year I hear that Norwell, Framingham, Natick, and Braintree should have good seasons.

Comment

Check...mate
                            Perhaps there will be left over building materials, from that wall that's going up on our southern border. If so, you can use the surplus to build a wall around Hanson and keep the interlopers out.

Comment

Sorry my comment about W-H got this off track. There are many public schools (regional) that draw from other towns. While I do feel bad about kids not getting for their town team, this is the world we live in. That is why I really enjoy seeing these "town" teams (Needham, Peabody, Franklin, Weymouth, Oliver Ames) traditionally playing very well in the state tournament. .... This year I hear that Norwell, Framingham, Natick, and Braintree should have good seasons.
                              Gotta go back a few years for OA to play very well in the state tourney. Three consecutive first round defeats for the Tigers

Comment

Comes down to coaching in High school soccer. There are probably 10 teams that have enough talent to win the state championship but if you have a school teacher posing as a coach and knows nothing about soccer or his/her players , you have no shot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X