Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh how I so "love" the grammar police. Ugh. Not the OP, but I think it goes without saying that when you take 2 goals away (incorrectly), which would have had NEFC up 2-1 at that point, the remainder of the game could have unfolded totally differently. These are 12 year old girls, and still learning the lessons games like this one teach them. They obviously let it get into their heads by the second half, and mistakes were made that *may* not have happened if the goals were not taken away. It's ok, it's just game, and hopefully both teams will grow from it. Congrats to your team, it looks like your team is in good position to win the bracket (and probably the tournament). Wish you luck.
    Not my team. Was looking for elaboration on what went awry. Were they called back because ref didn't blow whistle on a PK? Offsides? There are linesman and ref. Who made the bad calls? What was score of the game when they were called back. Just looking for clarification.

Comment

Not my team. Was looking for elaboration on what went awry. Were they called back because ref didn't blow whistle on a PK? Offsides? There are linesman and ref. Who made the bad calls? What was score of the game when they were called back. Just looking for clarification.

Game 1-0 Stars when first one was called back. Ball was shot hard from outside of box. Hit goalies hands and fell behind her. NEFC player was right there and cleaned it up and knocked it in. Linesman called offsides, because all I can assume is that he didn't see the ball hit the goalies hands (which I can even fathom) or he doesn't know rule. Either way, terrible call. That would have tied it early.

Second was a through ball to player on wing, who was at 3 steps behind her defender with another far defender 10 steps deeper than that. Players runs past defender crosses ball into center and it's buried by runner who came up middle. It wasn't until team celebrated that center ref saw same linesman with his flag up. He called that one back. Would have been 2-1 NEFC at that point.

- GPS Parent watching game before my daughters.

Comment

Game 1-0 Stars when first one was called back. Ball was shot hard from outside of box. Hit goalies hands and fell behind her. NEFC player was right there and cleaned it up and knocked it in. Linesman called offsides, because all I can assume is that he didn't see the ball hit the goalies hands (which I can even fathom) or he doesn't know rule. Either way, terrible call. That would have tied it early.

Second was a through ball to player on wing, who was at 3 steps behind her defender with another far defender 10 steps deeper than that. Players runs past defender crosses ball into center and it's buried by runner who came up middle. It wasn't until team celebrated that center ref saw same linesman with his flag up. He called that one back. Would have been 2-1 NEFC at that point.

Thanks. Tough break.

Comment

Sorry typing on iPhone. To clarify my above post ... there were TWO Stars defenders behind the NEFC player they called offside. The close one was 3 steps behind player, the far one was at least 10 steps deeper.

Comment

I agree with posters comments about the two defenders being deeper than the NEFC player, however the other offside was a good call NEFC was clearly offside when the kick was played and by rule had an advantage by being in an offside position when goalie played ball and linesman had flag raised before goalie even played the ball.

Referees try their best and everyone knows they do not always get it right and let's face it getting 50.00 to listen to parents complain about every little call is probably not worth the pay.
            So stop whining and just watch your kids play unless of course you have never been on the end of a favorable call, perhaps even a couple hours later..

Comment

Yes, I was the "egregious" OP. This is pretty darn accurate. The only additional point would be that it was second half when this all went down. NEFC would have been up 2-1 in second half had they not been called back. After the second one was disallowed, things just went south from the mental point of view. Unfortunate for sure, but as you said, hopefully they can learn from it.

Comment

Yes, I was the "egregious" OP. This is pretty darn accurate. The only additional point would be that it was second half when this all went down. NEFC would have been up 2-1 in second half had they not been called back. After the second one was disallowed, things just went south from the mental point of view. Unfortunate for sure, but as you said, hopefully they can learn from it.
                Game would have been tied because one was a correct call.

Comment

Game would have been tied because one was a correct call.
                  Yes, IF the girl who knocked in the rebound was in offside position when shot was made, she would be definitely deemed as having unfair advantage and called offsides and nullifying the goal. However, I did not see it as my child was playing on other field at the time.

My bigger question is this about the Seacoast player who was playing 2 weeks ago with Seacoast, and is now suddenly on the Stars roster for this tournament. Is this permanent? And who were all those other new girls on Stars team that were not there all season?? Someone said they we were pulling a SSS and bringing in the 04 girls who play on 03 ECNL team, to play this tourney. There were like 20 girls on the bench. I hope the rostered bench players on that team like sitting because it's clear they are all about winning and bringing in new ringers to win at the expense of their regular rosters kids. I know I'd be club shopping for next year if that was my kid.

Comment

Yes, IF the girl who knocked in the rebound was in offside position when shot was made, she would be definitely deemed as having unfair advantage and called offsides and nullifying the goal. However, I did not see it as my child was playing on other field at the time.

My bigger question is this about the Seacoast player who was playing 2 weeks ago with Seacoast, and is now suddenly on the Stars roster for this tournament. Is this permanent? And who were all those other new girls on Stars team that were not there all season?? Someone said they we were pulling a SSS and bringing in the 04 girls who play on 03 ECNL team, to play this tourney. There were like 20 girls on the bench. I hope the rostered bench players on that team like sitting because it's clear they are all about winning and bringing in new ringers to win at the expense of their regular rosters kids. I know I'd be club shopping for next year if that was my kid.
                    The 03s did not play in the tournament so any 04 on the 03 team could play with the 04s. If your kid is sitting on the bench too much then you absolutely should be club shopping. You don't know if kids were sitting because they are nursing injuries and if other players are checking out a new club. No one knows except those involved and I am not sure why you are concerned about it.

Comment

Why are people surprised about this??

Stars are famous for doing this sort of stuff as they are unable to produce their own players and do the job with the teams they have, they always need to recruit players developed elsewhere to win games and tournaments. Ginger is not going to develop a player or a team, but if you put enough good quality together then the 12/13year old girls will figure it out.

And this is not an NEFC parent with sour grapes. NEFC need to learn how to lose as well, both games they have lost this fall so far they have been on here whining about excuses of why they lost and should have won. Every close game between good level teams could go either way if one player fell over and the other player kicked the ball in the correct direction.

The interesting thing is next year both of these clubs are going to seriously struggle with the US Academy philosophies as they both concentrate too much on winning at all costs versus following a philosophy of developing. GDAP scouts will have a field day on side lines scouting the way Ginger coaches on sideline.

Comment

My daughter had a much different experience with Baker. He was a great coach, teaching a mix of styles, and very fair with his players. When approach appropriately he was open and honest with parents. When her squad bumped to the next coach, not so much.

Comment

Why are people surprised about this??

Stars are famous for doing this sort of stuff as they are unable to produce their own players and do the job with the teams they have, they always need to recruit players developed elsewhere to win games and tournaments. Ginger is not going to develop a player or a team, but if you put enough good quality together then the 12/13year old girls will figure it out.
                          Actually, Stars has had more than a few girls on the US National team, and far more than any other club in Mass. And this is not even coming from a Stars parent! I am just the only one to admit that they produce quality players.

Comment

Good fun this fall for all the u13 age group girls. Train hard and best of luck come spring season. Look forward to a good list guy laugh when things get posted. Thank gosh no one takes this site seriously. ;)

Comment

Actually, Stars has had more than a few girls on the US National team, and far more than any other club in Mass. And this is not even coming from a Stars parent! I am just the only one to admit that they produce quality players.
                              Expect that to end soon now that JDs involvement is not as strong as it used to be. Not saying that some stars girls deserved a call but JD has introduce more players to the national pool because of his connections and uses this as a recruiting tool not at developing tools. . And of course you're not a stars parent. You're a stars coach.

Comment

My daughter had a much different experience with Baker. He was a great coach, teaching a mix of styles, and very fair with his players. When approach appropriately he was open and honest with parents. When her squad bumped to the next coach, not so much.
                                He used to be good, the Stars machine ate him up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X