Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unbelievable....goes to show the hatred for the owners, senior leaders, and coaches at this club. They must have pissed off a lot of parents and players. NPL, step in and get rid of this club, pull their license and give it to a more deserving club (and I do not care who that club is)....just put an end to this.
    That would be the right thing to do but I have been told since they are an original member they can't be dropped. If I am wrong with this opening line please let me know.
    I going on what I have been told. This is sad because with the start of this fall its apparent they have several teams with the NPL title that do not have NPL caliber players. Its a title and a selling point for them but its not deserved anymore and its not fair to the players.

Comment

That would be the right thing to do but I have been told since they are an original member they can't be dropped. If I am wrong with this opening line please let me know.
      I going on what I have been told. This is sad because with the start of this fall its apparent they have several teams with the NPL title that do not have NPL caliber players. Its a title and a selling point for them but its not deserved anymore and its not fair to the players.
      Couldn't agree more. The club is a shadow of it's former self. The coaching is terrible, the level of play is down, and the only thing saving them is the tots. If NPL wants to keep it's reputation then it must step in. But with ECNL and DA now offered on the B & G sides, NPL is watered down anyways.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. The club is a shadow of it's former self. The coaching is terrible, the level of play is down, and the only thing saving them is the tots. If NPL wants to keep it's reputation then it must step in. But with ECNL and DA now offered on the B & G sides, NPL is watered down anyways.
        The goal of each club and league should be to provide the right environment for its teams. At the NEP level standings are kept and the league tracks the competitiveness of each division through game scores. If a team is getting smashed the doc's look to move that team. The business of having an npl team trumps all for Aztec. The only bright spot is the academy but it's like raising cows. You milk them for all they have and them send them to the slaughterhouse.

Comment

The goal of each club and league should be to provide the right environment for its teams. At the NEP level standings are kept and the league tracks the competitiveness of each division through game scores. If a team is getting smashed the doc's look to move that team. The business of having an npl team trumps all for Aztec. The only bright spot is the academy but it's like raising cows. You milk them for all they have and them send them to the slaughterhouse.
          Their NPL teams are flat out awful. Total waste of everyone's time having them in NPL.

Comment

Their NPL teams are flat out awful. Total waste of everyone's time having them in NPL.
            AGREED! But there are so many parents that see those three letters and break out the checkbook. That's what keeps these bad coaches and clubs fat and full $$. If people stop playing there then they will go under (finally) and the NPL license will be someone else's (that deserves it). This has been going on way too long. Mike K, Jarred S., Greg C., Andy B - all of them should be locked up for theft and misleading.

Comment

This club has become a club of conveience for many of the ones still there and not about true development. Its become the equivalant of the smaller north shore clubs over in the Maple league or what that league is called now, but with a much larger price tag. Unfortunately like so many previous posters have said if parents keep cutting those checks these guys will continue to live on.

Comment

All this negative talk is killing me, especially when the Aztecs 2005 Girls NPL, coached by an up and coming coach, LC, are facing their biggest game of the fall this Sunday against Yankee FC Attack NPL. Both teams have similar records, actually Aztec has a better GD. This should be a very competitive game.

Both teams are 0-3 and together they have 0 GF and 37 GA. This will be one for the ages. 3 PM Sunday at Essex Tech. Don't miss it! NPL at its "best".

Comment

It will be a clash of the titans, both sitting in the bottom of their division. The Aztecs do Have the upper hand in this one with two w's last season against same team.. This could be the turning point for LC.

Comment

The best (and only) way to deliver the message is to stop cutting checks. However, as one poster wrote, as along as the checks clear, these thieves will continue to be in business. It's one of the North Shore's biggest scams. Overpriced, mediocre coaching, terrible records. These guys are snake oil salesmen at best (GREG, MIKE, ANDY, JARRED, JEFF) - thieves....

Comment

All this negative talk is killing me, especially when the Aztecs 2005 Girls NPL, coached by an up and coming coach, LC, are facing their biggest game of the fall this Sunday against Yankee FC Attack NPL. Both teams have similar records, actually Aztec has a better GD. This should be a very competitive game.

Both teams are 0-3 and together they have 0 GF and 37 GA. This will be one for the ages. 3 PM Sunday at Essex Tech. Don't miss it! NPL at its "best".
                      Best post!! haha

Comment

Best post!! haha
                        I missed this - priceless!!! Speaks not only to how watered down NPL has become but how bad the teams are at Aztec!! Way to go Aztec, you managed to screw the pouch again!

Comment

Aren't these girls just 11/12 years old? Do they really deserve strangers making fun of their soccer team's record, when they probably are just trying to have fun playing? We get it, they are in the wrong bracket. The coaches are doing them and their opponents a disservice and they should be moved down come spring. Leave it at that and stop the sarcastic ridicule please. Maybe think about how tough it would be if your kid was in this situation (most of us with kids who have been playing for a while have been there).

Comment

Aren't these girls just 11/12 years old? Do they really deserve strangers making fun of their soccer team's record, when they probably are just trying to have fun playing? We get it, they are in the wrong bracket. The coaches are doing them and their opponents a disservice and they should be moved down come spring. Leave it at that and stop the sarcastic ridicule please. Maybe think about how tough it would be if your kid was in this situation (most of us with kids who have been playing for a while have been there).
                            Yes your are correct, they are young and developing players and should be playing in an appropriate "bracket" so they can develop as players and have fun. The problem is Aztec has NPL spot guaranteed for all ages because they had strong teams in the past and were an NPL league founder. Unfortunately now their teams cannot compete at this level, but the club is still advertising the NPL as a big selling point and the teams are getting slaughtered.

In this case what is in the best interest of the team/players is not in the best interest of the club. Because this is a for-profit organization there is lot of criticism going on, and rightly so, in my opinion.

Comment

Aztecs have to keep a team in every age group in the NPL or they will be removed from the league. That will be the death of the club, so they set the players up for failure so they can stay in the league.

This is wrong on so many fronts and it is not a good developmental situation for any of the players on these teams that get clobbered each and every Sunday. Not sure of what the parents are thinking when there are so many other options in the area these days.

I guess having their player playing in the NPL is more important than their player's development.

Comment

Hearing rumors MK is selling to another club. Any truth?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X