Rising U14 Girls (2003)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong thread. Take the Aztec hatred back over to your own little soap opera thread. Results, predictions and some opinions here. Aztec dysfunction not welcome here IMHO.

Comment

Aztec 3 Liverpool 1

Comment

1-0 GPS win over Nefc npl. Surprisingly low score for GPS after they tie first ranked SSS team Any details of this game ?

Comment

I caught the GPS/NEFC game. Could have gone to either team

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I caught the GPS/NEFC game. Could have gone to either team
            I also watched 3/4 of it. The goalie on nefc looked to have had a very good showing and control. GPS is a decent little team. Their coach lost it a bit.

Comment

Why no score for the Stars vs East Meadow game on Sat? Was the game played, and if so, what was the outcome there? Anyone?

Comment

Yes. Stars won 1-0. No idea why it wasn't posted

Comment

The 03 List ("The Most Interesting List in the World" edition)

I don't always make a List, but when I do...

(Hold on, I'll let you enjoy the anticipation for a few of seconds...)

(Still milking it...)

(Just a little longer...)

(Wait for it...)

(Ok...here goes nothing)

1. Breakers(NEFC): Gave their mothers "the talk".
                  2. SSS: Purposefully gave up a goal just to see how it feels
                  3. Stars West: Wonder Woman wears Pajamas with their logo on it
                  4. Aztec: Soccer balls won't hit their wall...out of respect
                  5. Stars: JD calls them on the soccer hotline for advice
                  6A. GPS: On every continent in the world,their is a club named after them (this one is actually true)
                  6B. Spirit of Liverpool: Chuck Norris is their ball girl
                  7. FCB: Are allowed to talk about Fight Club
                  8. Liverpool FC: Issue yellow cards to match officials

Logic, notes and interesting facts:
                  -Clearly, the 03 List Guy is the Most interesting List in the World (Read: TS). Just look at this week for instance, The List came with "Land of the Lost"...really?...what's next week's theme? H.R. Pufnstuf? The Banana Splits? Zoom? Sigmund and the Sea Monsters?... THEN...if that wasn't bad enough...The 04 List Guy came with a Mob theme...Go home and get your shine box 04 List Guy!!!! Not impressed...Married to the Mob was funnier...(Awkward silence)...Fine. You got me. The 03 List Guy is a little annoyed because I had a "Land of the Lost" theme planned for next week to be followed shortly thereafter with a "Good Fellas" List. What can I say, the 03 List Guy watched a lot of syndicated TV in the 80's and 90's. Laugh now, but when all that is left to do is a Downtown Abbey (Lady Mary!!!) or Thelma and Louise (Holy Schnikes) themed Weekend Preview in late November ...well, let's just say you have been warned. Totally holding my List brothers responsible for this. (As a brief aside, Did you know Bill Laimbeer played one of the Sleestaks on Land of the Lost? What would Johnny Most say?) Moving right along...

-Breakers(NEFC): Retake the #1 spot with a hard fought victory over FCB 2-1. Some of the supporters started to get into it on TS over "poor officiating" and Breakers should have "won by more"..and then it abruptly stopped. Disappointing to say the least...Once again the 03 List Guy makes an impassioned plea for someone to post game recaps. Nice win by the Breakers though. The 03 List Guy likes head-to-head matchups.

-SSS: fall to the #2 spot after pounding on the lowly Yankee United 7-0 and it could have been much worse (Did the YU parents finally start wearing brown paper bags over their heads this week?). The 03 List believes SSS to be an elite team with an elite player, but they haven't beaten anyone of note in awhile. Cannot hold the #1 spot with a poor strength of schedule...BUT... the next two weeks are a different story. Business is about to pick up for South Shore.

-Stars West: Steady at #3 after an away win at OW 1-0. The 03 List Guy likes road wins.

-Aztec: Creep up to #4 after a 3-1 victory over Liverpool FC. (shrugging shoulders)

Stars: Stars claim the #5 spot after beating EMSC 1-0 on Saturday and dropping a close contest to Albertsons 1-0 on Sunday. Therein lies the rub, where does one rank the ECNL team that wins one and loses one on a particularly weekend? EMSC is a good team with a lousy record and Albertsons is a very good team with a very good record. These results seemed more impressive than what GPS and SPOL did. Thoughts?

-GPS and SPOL (6A and 6B): The 03 List Guy expected both teams to win. Although it appears from some of the comments that the GPS/NEFC game (1-0) was well played and could have gone either way. Furrowing my brow at SPOL for not scoring 10 goals (8-2 win) on North Shore GPS and ruining the obvious hang 10 surfing bit.

-FCB: No points for second place. Two disappointing weeks in a row. Need some good results next week to get out of the dog house.

-Liverpool FC: Back on notice. The Columbus Day Weekend results are the only thing saving them from the dreaded Relegation Zone.

Results move the List...and Dos Equis (even if it does taste like skunk piss)

Comment

Weekend preview????

Comment

The 03 List Weekend Preview ("I solemnly Swear I am up to no good" edition)

The 03 List Guy has put on the sorting hat and has been drinking copious amounts of pumpkin juice and butterbeer (Liquor before beer...never fear!!!) in preparation for the Weekend Preview. Halloween is right around the corner and it's time for the Harry Potter theme for your magical pick me up. First off, The 03 List was under the Imperius Curse from He Who Shall Not Be Named during the last 03 List. Comments concerning the List and 04 List were clearly made while under the spell of that Unforgivable curse.
                      Secondly, no comments for 3 Days!!! Were the Owls on strike? Did Dobby the House Elf Steal the posts? Did the Ministry of Magic shut down the Thread?

QMOTW: Quidditch Match of the Week:

SSS v. Seacoast United: The long awaited Gryffindor and Slytherin rematch from the Stars Cup (Slytherin aka Seacoast United pulled the first upset of the fall with a 1-0 win over SSS). To add even more drama, the winner takes sole possession of first place in the New England NPL House Cup standings. Couple of factors at play here. The 03 List loves home field advantage and SSS is almost unbeatable at home..BUT...the 03 List also loves matchups. Seacoast United is exactly the type of team that gives SSS trouble. Big and physical. Moreover, the expected rain and wet field conditions will hinder the smaller SSS and their star seeker. The 03 List is a big fan of SSS and their supporters (even though they tend to act like George Brett in the Pine Tar Game when one of the girls gets knocked off their brooms). Still, SSS wins 2-0. 10 points for Gryffindor!

Aztec v. Bayside: The Aztecs travel to the Azkaban of the the New England NPL to take on Bayside. Aztec are better, but Bayside are tough as Dementors at home and the weather will make it difficult to score. Will Aztec play like muggles or wizards? Aztec break out of Azkaban with a 1-0 win.

GPS v. Stars West: The 03 List Guy's favorite Petronus charm travel to West Newton to duel with GPS. Great matchup. Stars West are better, but GPS keep getting better (drinking Unicorn blood will do that). 1-1 tie.

Liverpool FC v. OW. Liverpool is one more bad result away from the 03 List using the "Expelliarmus Charm" from the List to the dreaded relegation zone.

Yankee United v. NEFC NPL: Can we just throw the invisibilty cloak over YU?

The Weasley twins of the ECNL take on Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw (Matchfit and Continental) at home this weekend. The Mauraders Map predicts that Stars and FCB should catch the snitch in both games...BUT...it's never easy with these two. Both beat Matchfit, but tie Continental. FCB and Stars have good beaters and keepers but have trouble chasing the quaffle at times.

Breakers(NEFC) and SPOL have the weekend off and will enjoy the games from their Hogwarts common rooms.

Results move the List...mischief managed

Comment

It is clear you have deep intimate knowledge of the Potter series. I did not even get half of the references. I'm obviously a true Muggle. LOL.

But good job nonetheless. Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Comment

How were today's games? I saw that Select lost 3-0 in the GOTW. What a result for Seacoast.

Comment

Stars 1
                            Match Fit 0

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              How were today's games? I saw that Select lost 3-0 in the GOTW. What a result for Seacoast.
                              Was the phenom playing? SSS are getting a nice introduction to the NPL. Lots of SSS parents bragging about how good their teams are and how they'd wipe the floor with all local teams. I guess Maple isn't wasn't all the challenging.

Comment

According to 04 thread she played both games

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X