Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I always found that the college coaches that weren't affiliated with a club were the best options for this. Most know their stuff and they typically have much better availability than the club coaches do during the offseason. Pretty hard to fit in private lessons when you are coaching 3-4 teams at a time.
    Question, how much do training lessons typically cost?

Comment

Question, how much do training lessons typically cost?
      Private training...what a joke. America's answer to not having any talent. $$$$-we have more of this than brains. Spend your money on building a wall or let the kid kick off the garage door. Juggle, juggle, juggle. It's all the private training you need.

Phil: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your foot to me.
      Wall: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your foot to me.
      Phil: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your left foot to me.
      Wall: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your left foot to me

Phil: ok, that'll be $80, please

Comment

Wrong. First, I recognize your writing style and know you're the person condemning Aztec at every turn by writing "Aztec" in all caps on other threads, so to anyone reading this thread, I wouldn't pay the above poster any attention because there is definitely a major axe to grind by this person/coach/parent.

My son trains with Phil Tait every week and says his training is the best private training he's ever received. Phil also trains JR at the Revs Academy (u18) and has for a few years, I think. He mixes up the training each week and my son says it's tough and targeted work. He also bounces ideas off of Phil and they briefly discuss his goals and how he can reach them outside of the training. Hope this helps - although I don't think Phil works on the South Shore, but you can reach him via his web site to ask. He is very responsive. Good luck!
        No Worries GC fan boy. But that is the way AZTEC spells it...

Comment

Wrong. First, I recognize your writing style and know you're the person condemning Aztec at every turn by writing "Aztec" in all caps on other threads, so to anyone reading this thread, I wouldn't pay the above poster any attention because there is definitely a major axe to grind by this person/coach/parent.

My son trains with Phil Tait every week and says his training is the best private training he's ever received. Phil also trains JR at the Revs Academy (u18) and has for a few years, I think. He mixes up the training each week and my son says it's tough and targeted work. He also bounces ideas off of Phil and they briefly discuss his goals and how he can reach them outside of the training. Hope this helps - although I don't think Phil works on the South Shore, but you can reach him via his web site to ask. He is very responsive. Good luck!
          Oh boy its Colombo playing super sleuth again. I recognize your writing style. What a Douche Bag.

Comment

Private training...what a joke. America's answer to not having any talent. $$$$-we have more of this than brains. Spend your money on building a wall or let the kid kick off the garage door. Juggle, juggle, juggle. It's all the private training you need.

Phil: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your foot to me.
            Wall: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your foot to me.
            Phil: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your left foot to me.
            Wall: ok, now pass the ball with the inside of your left foot to me

Phil: ok, that'll be $80, please
            LOL. That's about it.

Comment

I always found that the college coaches that weren't affiliated with a club were the best options for this. Most know their stuff and they typically have much better availability than the club coaches do during the offseason. Pretty hard to fit in private lessons when you are coaching 3-4 teams at a time.
              Agreed that is a very good option. I also agree best to avoid any club coaches, even if it's a coach from another team at your club. Raises too many parental eyebrows even when there's no politics involved.

As for the other post joking about private training - it can be very beneficial 1) if the player has specific areas of improvement they want to work on and 2) you find a good trainer who can work on those areas. Usually it isn't necessarily something you have to do on a weekly basis or anything

Comment

OP here again. Thanks to those who posted positive comments about their kids who have worked with Phil and found it beneficial. Living on south shore, Phils probably not a good option.

I get the kick it against the wall thing. She does that already. Looking for the additional individual traing as a supplement to the club and wall ball she already does.

Our club does offer individual traing so of course that's an option for her. Was hoping to get some additional names/reccomendations to check out.

This is the other one I mentioned.

http://elitesoccer1on1.com/raphael-guimaraes/

Comment

Best bet is to ask around in your area, even ask any boys parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X