Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It will not get worse for me since we have already finished with this fiasco. My kid played DAP and went through all the sacrifice, etc, etc. The one thing that most players in the Academy can achieve is to use the experience to leverage themselves into a good college where they can play soccer and get an education. For 99% of those participating, this should be the goal. The only axe I have to grind is that the Revs do not take the Academy seriously like other MLS clubs such as Dallas, Philly, and LA. Much of this is due to the owners of these clubs truly committing to the success of the Academy. Unfortunately, there is really no better option in this area so I suggest focusing on the real goal unless your kid is one of the 1%.
    Right- use the Revs- don't let them use you

Comment

I think the U16's play well together. They seem better than their record.
      U18's are better!

Comment

16 \'s are a good team with lots of talent and some play up because they can and are needed. Gen A was probably the first time this season they all played together so I'm willing to give those synergies some time.

As far as the program is concerned if you're knocking it then you have a bone or have never been part of it. If your not the next home grown then your probably heading to a good college and will be playing soccer....if you're good enough.

It's only going to get worse for you my friend. DAP players earn their spot with the National Team and those that stay on do for good reason which has nothing to do with politics. Give these kids credit for their sacrifice, hard work and commitment because its more than most can handle.

16's will catch up
        18's as young as they are can do some real damage this year.
        The smaller teams show real promise however I don't put much merit to lopsided games which is to be expected at that age.

The Revs academy will continue to thrive at developing soccer players.

There is no Cool Aid her brother just an honest perspective.
        well said, looking forward to seeing the 18's this year. They looked pretty good last week!

Comment

Right- use the Revs- don't let them use you
          They decide where your kid plays.

Comment

18's had two great wins this weekend!!!

Comment

18's had two great wins this weekend!!!
              Go Revs!

Comment

Go Revs!
                Revs on Twitter just showed a nice sequence of play and goal from one the games this weekend.

Comment

Beautiful weather in NC this weekend!

Comment

It will not get worse for me since we have already finished with this fiasco. My kid played DAP and went through all the sacrifice, etc, etc. The one thing that most players in the Academy can achieve is to use the experience to leverage themselves into a good college where they can play soccer and get an education. For 99% of those participating, this should be the goal. The only axe I have to grind is that the Revs do not take the Academy seriously like other MLS clubs such as Dallas, Philly, and LA. Much of this is due to the owners of these clubs truly committing to the success of the Academy. Unfortunately, there is really no better option in this area so I suggest focusing on the real goal unless your kid is one of the 1%.
                    Can we move him back to the 13s? Please

Comment

Must suck to have the U13's take up U14 playing time in a showcase.

The Revs have their chosen ones- get used to it. If it makes you feel any better, take a look at the Rev's record and the state of US Soccer.

Comment

Must suck to have the U13's take up U14 playing time in a showcase.

The Revs have their chosen ones- get used to it. If it makes you feel any better, take a look at the Rev's record and the state of US Soccer.
                        Nothing new there. That's how they operate. Parents can't say they weren't warned

Comment

Or up to the 15/16s...

Comment

Maybe your kid just isn't all that. Check that. Obvious, your kid is not all that. Sux no?

Comment

Or up to the 15/16s...
                              better idea

Comment

Nothing new there. That's how they operate. Parents can't say they weren't warned
                                The Rev coaches care not about how their choices affect the confidence or self-esteem of teens. The care not about what the parents think. To them, your kid is just a game piece on a chess board to promote their kings and queens. Playing time can be misleading if your kid has a specific role. It's up to us, the parents, to ensure that our children are served in the best possible way by this model we have no control over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X