Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree with everything you said. The only question is why NEFC is ranked at all. - GPS dad
    The List of reasons why NEFC is ranked
    1. Some of the girls live in my town and I like them.
    2. It irritates some, and their reactionary posts humor me
    3. It symbolizes how silly this fall season is.

What would you recommend to the 03s for improving this mess next year?

Comment

The List chiming in on this one:
      The better team doesn't always win in soccer. The truly comfortable accept it and congratulate the other team for a hard fought win. The Fearful make excuses

Two examples of "comfortable" behavior from this age group:
      1: GPS beat NEFC last mother's day. Did they/we/I believe GPS is better? I didn't/don't, but there were no "yeah but.." posts from NEFC parents.

2: Bayside beat GPS 2-1 last Sunday (GPS won 3-0 month earlier), and GPS dad posts game review recognizing Bayside for two great strikes. Again, not one excuse.

The List of Stars reactions to GPS Loss...
      1. They were all 9th Graders (um, that's not why you lost)
      2. We played SSS beforehand (um, they played Supernova)
      3. That wasn't really our team (quick, change the name)
      4. Our girls go D1 (when all else fails )

Ongoing statements of club superiority reveal your underlying fear of inferiority
      Where was the list when 3 SSS players (1 was an 04) and 4 Stars players (2 were 03's) were being bashed with people saying that they didn't deserve to be there. The excuses were flying then when parents were saying it was only because their DOC's had influence.
      You can't defend one group and not the other. Clearly you are not a Stars parent and that is very obvious but if you are the moral defender why don't you actually defend the players (who are 12-14 year old girls) not the parents. Just saying.

Comment

The List chiming in on this one:
        The better team doesn't always win in soccer. The truly comfortable accept it and congratulate the other team for a hard fought win. The Fearful make excuses

Two examples of "comfortable" behavior from this age group:
        1: GPS beat NEFC last mother's day. Did they/we/I believe GPS is better? I didn't/don't, but there were no "yeah but.." posts from NEFC parents.

2: Bayside beat GPS 2-1 last Sunday (GPS won 3-0 month earlier), and GPS dad posts game review recognizing Bayside for two great strikes. Again, not one excuse.

The List of Stars reactions to GPS Loss...
        1. They were all 9th Graders (um, that's not why you lost)
        2. We played SSS beforehand (um, they played Supernova)
        3. That wasn't really our team (quick, change the name)
        4. Our girls go D1 (when all else fails )

Ongoing statements of club superiority reveal your underlying fear of inferiority
        Agreed. No idea why some Stars folks in this age group would bother going back and forth with GPS folks, regardless of the makeup of any particular GPS team at some particular time. The real and respectful rivalry is between Stars and NEFC.

If GPS thinks they're onto something sustainable, good luck to them.

Comment

Where was the list when 3 SSS players (1 was an 04) and 4 Stars players (2 were 03's) were being bashed with people saying that they didn't deserve to be there. The excuses were flying then when parents were saying it was only because their DOC's had influence.
          You can't defend one group and not the other. Clearly you are not a Stars parent and that is very obvious but if you are the moral defender why don't you actually defend the players (who are 12-14 year old girls) not the parents. Just saying.
          You are right, I did not chime in on that, but that's mostly because I don't chime in much outside of weekly posts. The sour grapes aspect of those posts seems pretty obvious to me. It is similar though and you raise a fair point that I chose not to pick a side on that one, so why did I pick one here?

On self-reflection, I guess my answer is that I never comment on individual players, only teams. I feel qualified to respond to issues related to Team performance, and thoroughly unqualified and uninterested in commenting on individual performance. Furthermore, I don't remember anyone actually "bashing" players. The comments seemed focused on the influence of the DOCs. Were their actually comments that Mia from Stars or Carli from SSS didn't deserve to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Fair point.

Comment

Stars 2 CFC 0

Comment

GPS 2 - Aztec 1

Comment

GPS 2 - Aztec 1
                  what has happened to that Aztec team???

Comment

what has happened to that Aztec team???
                    GPS dad here: Why does that result trigger that question?
                    Aztec girls always play tough. Good game yesterday.

Comment

GPS dad here: Why does that result trigger that question?
                      Aztec girls always play tough. Good game yesterday.
                      I agree. Not the most beautiful game but have to Aztec probably had better scoring chances than GPS.

Comment

Stars 2 CFC 0
                        GOTWeek's Stars v PDA on Saturday and then PDA v FCB on Sunday

Comment

The List of reasons why NEFC is ranked
                          1. Some of the girls live in my town and I like them.
                          2. It irritates some, and their reactionary posts humor me
                          3. It symbolizes how silly this fall season is.

What would you recommend to the 03s for improving this mess next year?
                          WELL the Fall Friendly's or in NEFC's case lack there of will end this weekend with Match Fit dropping out of the league to give FCB and Stars only one day of games. Its nice that PDA is coming up to MA for some good games.
                          The solution to the problem of "what do we do with the eighth graders" should be further examined. The clubs did the best they could to put "something" together.
                          At least the 03's can say they weren't the guinea pig year.

Comment

The "good" Aztec showed up on Sunday vs. Bayside..3-1 win in a well played game....Aztec took it to them early and often.

Comment

The "good" Aztec showed up on Sunday vs. Bayside..3-1 win in a well played game....Aztec took it to them early and often.
                              Well done Aztec!
                              Based on last games played h2h we have our first circular results of season
                              Aztec > Bayside > GPS > Aztec

Prior to that it was GPS > Everyone, which no one wanted to accept.
                              Good to see confusion returning. Can we get a list?

Comment

GPS 0 - SSS 0

One Parents take:
                                H1
                                GPS had 2 opptys within first 5 minutes, One bar-down shot didn't cross goal line.
                                Ball was in GPS zone remainder of 1st half, but mostly on GPS feet.
                                SSS played physically and kept pressing
                                GPS determined to play possession from back
                                SSS got off great strikes from outside the box - two just missed over cross bar
                                SSS looked to net one as Goalie punched away corner, SSS one-timed rebound, GPS Defender, standing on goal line, headed it away. Great play by all.

H2
                                Little more back-forth. GPS figured out transition and calmed offense to create opportunities. Most GPS shots were not threatening. One GPS break-through had F all alone on G in the box. G made a good play to disrupt it.

Both sides feel they should have had at 1. SSS feels they could have had more.

Happy to hear your view

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X