Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS costs about 3700 before travel for a year.

for that you get a nice bag and Bayern munich knockoff shirt

you get a bunch of kids with the same bad hair cuts and rich parents on the sidelines loving that their kids coach is british.

most of their teams are awful except their top team which is only because they have hundreds of kids to pick from.

GPS - PAY TO PLAY - one reason usa mens soccer did not qualify for world as top level soccer out of reach for average kids
    We paid nowhere near that when we were in GPS. Just about half that. You constantly repeat that number, but it's just not true.

GPeniSenvy...you are so easy to refute. Bottom line is they are no different than any other club, other than size.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      We paid nowhere near that when we were in GPS. Just about half that. You constantly repeat that number, but it's just not true.

GPeniSenvy...you are so easy to refute. Bottom line is they are no different than any other club, other than size.
      NEFC is bigger now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        NEFC is bigger now.
        I don't think so although you'd never know from their posts here. You would think no one played for any other club.

Comment

must have had a top player that got offered a discount - way more expensive than others for most

Comment

must have had a top player that got offered a discount - way more expensive than others for most
            I paid around 40% less than the $3700 as previously stated for GPS. Are there different rates for different regions??? ps. my player is mid-level NEP

Comment

I paid around 40% less than the $3700 as previously stated for GPS. Are there different rates for different regions??? ps. my player is mid-level NEP
              Saw a GPS team at Jefferson Cup today on twitter. What do you think that costs?

Gas = $120

Hotel = $250

Food = $80

There's a conservative $450 for 2 days with GPS.

Comment

Saw a GPS team at Jefferson Cup today on twitter. What do you think that costs?

Gas = $120

Hotel = $250

Food = $80

There's a conservative $450 for 2 days with GPS.
                Well aren’t you there too? What are you paying?

Comment

I wouldn't go to Jeff Cup these days if you paid me.

Comment

Nevermind, I missed the Twitter part.

Regardless, lots of local clubs send teams to Jefferson Cup. Stars, SSS, NEFC, Seacoast ...

Comment

Nevermind, I missed the Twitter part.

Regardless, lots of local clubs send teams to Jefferson Cup. Stars, SSS, NEFC, Seacoast ...
                      Exactly. How this is somehow a GPS slam when there are a dozen clubs from all over NE doing the same thing is beyond me.

GPeniSvy Guy has already admitted he has an axe to grind from 10 years ago when it was MPS.

Let it go already....

Comment

I agree.

I was simply replying to someone that said they pay $2200 rather than the $3700 another poster was talking about.

That $1500 difference starts to shrink quickly when a team starts attending tournaments.

Comment

I agree.

I was simply replying to someone that said they pay $2200 rather than the $3700 another poster was talking about.

That $1500 difference starts to shrink quickly when a team starts attending tournaments.
                          But, it was presented like that was the club fee that is charged. That is incorrect. Their fees are in line with everyone else's. Most everyone else goes to the same tournaments, too.

It's disingenuous. Compare apples-to-apples

Comment

But, it was presented like that was the club fee that is charged. That is incorrect. Their fees are in line with everyone else's. Most everyone else goes to the same tournaments, too.

It's disingenuous. Compare apples-to-apples
                            So is $2200 the standard fee, or is it lower? Higher?

What is the yearly fee for an NPL team?

What is the yearly fee for the GPS National Team?

Comment

If you are good enough to play on the GPS National team, you aren't paying. ALL the other kids on ALL the other teams are paying for you. And I'm pretty sure that the team the OP was talking about isn't the NPL or the National team.

Comment

The answer is "it depends". What Team, what Region, what Age, what Gender? There is no "standard fee". I doubt there is with any team.

We paid under $2400 when we were last there two years ago. No fee for the National team camp other than travel expenses. You aren't forced into it.

I believe now there are summer camps integrated into it now for the older, NPL-based teams, so it's more. But, still less than if I took our own club fees and the extra camps we do otherwise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X