Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help us out!!!

My daughter is getting bored with field hockey (thank god) she hasn't played soccer since her town team five years ago. I want to get her on a club that will bring out the skills she used to have ( she dominated the town league), so she can start for her High School her Senior year and prepare her for a mid-level D1 school after that. Any recommendations?

http://www.lookingforaunicorn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter is getting bored with field hockey (thank god) she hasn't played soccer since her town team five years ago. I want to get her on a club that will bring out the skills she used to have ( she dominated the town league), so she can start for her High School her Senior year and prepare her for a mid-level D1 school after that. Any recommendations?
      LOLZ... hasn't played soccer in five years and is a rising senior and you think she will play D1 College ball with 2 seasons of club and 1 of high school left? This is a troll job right?

Comment

LOLZ... hasn't played soccer in five years and is a rising senior and you think she will play D1 College ball with 2 seasons of club and 1 of high school left? This is a troll job right?
        Yes it is

Comment

Here we go again. Nice attempt at using another sport as a disguise for the same tired theme. A few weeks ago it was just that his kid dominated town soccer, not she dominated town field hockey

Comment

No, I'm totally serious please help us out. She's super smart too so Ivy league schools are on the list.

Comment

I'm not sure what is more sad, the fact that you continue to post the same general "help" thread or that I have been checking this site out long enough to recognize that you are probably the same person. I think we both need to get a life!

Comment

I'm not sure what is more sad, the fact that you continue to post the same general "help" thread or that I have been checking this site out long enough to recognize that you are probably the same person. I think we both need to get a life!
                But you're just curious or looking for entertainment. The poster of this thread and the countless related ones is warped and has an agenda.

Comment

OP here...no I'm totally serious!!

Comment

OP here...no I'm totally serious!!
                    Well based on your description, your child is a real gem. I'd suggest she not bother with any of the local clubs and simply go straight to Jill Ellis.

Here's what to do....
                    1. Attend the next USWNT match
                    2. Just before the game, jump out of the stands run onto the field and hand Jill a video of your kid playing in town league soccer
                    3. Stand and wait. I'm sure someone will be there soon to show you where to go

Comment

We did it with my daughter. Quit lacrosse after junior year. Joined an awesome club and did a little strength and conditioning at Planet Fitness to supplement that. She wound up playing at a very good D1 program.

Comment

We did it with my daughter. Quit lacrosse after junior year. Joined an awesome club and did a little strength and conditioning at Planet Fitness to supplement that. She wound up playing at a very good D1 program.
                        All this proves (if it's true) is that coachable athleticism is still what most programs in the American college game are attracted to. Not technical ability, field sense, tactical awareness, creativity or anything else that is considered to matter in actual soccer cultures. Our player "development" system is broken and the rest of the world will pass us by on the women's side. A few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC, just like the MNT.

Comment

All this proves (if it's true) is that coachable athleticism is still what most programs in the American college game are attracted to. Not technical ability, field sense, tactical awareness, creativity or anything else that is considered to matter in actual soccer cultures. Our player "development" system is broken and the rest of the world will pass us by on the women's side. A few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC, just like the MNT.
                          Touche. I couldn't have expressed it better!

Comment

I bet she got a full ride too.

Comment

Planet Fitness??? LOLOLOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X