Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the opposite. We are full of little Leos who like to dribble and have no vision. Horrible.
    because your kid has the touch of a stone and you know more than the european scouts. Thanks for your contribution. This will deteriorate into your dribbler is a ball hog and your big fast kid has no soccer talent. I know which the pro scouts prefer.

Comment

That's an awfully high turnover rate. Doubt many coaches would let that fly without adjusting a player. The thing is though, there are kids that you can see that are in control of the ball and learning to deal with the pressure so that you can see that the turnover percentage will improve. That is the talent everyone is looking for and it is obvious. The rest of the kids are just ball hogs who listen to their dad's dreams of soccer glory.
      Not true if the kid created 3 or 4 high percentage scoring chances on those runs. I want him on my team.

Comment

And the flip side is this country has so few players with any creativity in the final third that we struggle to score goals. The ones with any skill go overseas... and rightly so. Coaches, parents, players all jealous of those with skill and creativity on the ball constantly yell "pass the ball", when it's obvious those yelling pass have no idea how to move off the ball to get open for a pass.
        Agree and the other stupid thing they yell is "play simple". The close control kids (agree some of that is first touch, but in general I mean the ones that can get out of tight spaces and beat defenders) need to be allowed to develop their creativity, yes, by making mistakes and noting their successes.

Comment

Agree and the other stupid thing they yell is "play simple". The close control kids (agree some of that is first touch, but in general I mean the ones that can get out of tight spaces and beat defenders) need to be allowed to develop their creativity, yes, by making mistakes and noting their successes.
          Playing simple will keep you out having to play in tight spaces...

Comment

Your ignorance is showing pull down your skirt

Comment

Agreed, if it is good enough for Manchester City it should be good enough for most kids in NE. Pep doesn’t stand for self-indulgent “creativity”. Perfect technique and quick, simple decision making is where it is at.

Comment

But you will never learn how to play in tight spaces, which is a necessity at high levels. This is one of the problems with our national teams.

Comment

But you will never learn how to play in tight spaces, which is a necessity at high levels. This is one of the problems with our national teams.
                  I would add that creative, talented dribblers can easily switch over to making quick passes, whereas the opposite isn't true.

Comment

Not true if the kid created 3 or 4 high percentage scoring chances on those runs. I want him on my team.
                    Lol. That team full of short and slow players with amazing field vision and tons of creativity that gets beat consistently and ends up disbanding because none of the parents end up sharing your crazy soccer views. Seen that one too many times

Comment

Lol. That team full of short and slow players with amazing field vision and tons of creativity that gets beat consistently and ends up disbanding because none of the parents end up sharing your crazy soccer views. Seen that one too many times
                      Wrong and unfortunately your completely ignorant thinking is why we didn't qualify for the wc. The only player who could reliably handle tight spaces and his technique also allows for quick passing when the situation demands it (the two are related) was Pulisic. Note he is neither slow nor particularly short but he is creative and uniquely effective. You were probably a great sandlot baseball player and backyard football player in your day.

Comment

Of course your statement is true but the former backyard football players have no idea how to play soccer. Unfortunately they are often the dad coaches who wouldn't know what to do with a real baller. Sadly we definitely lose some if not many talented players to the ignorance.

Comment

I would add that creative, talented dribblers can easily switch over to making quick passes, whereas the opposite isn't true.
                          Not true.
                          Initial instinct for dribblers is head down.
                          Quick passers know where the ball is going prior to receiving by having head up.

Big difference

Comment

Not true.
                            Initial instinct for dribblers is head down.
                            Quick passers know where the ball is going prior to receiving by having head up.

Big difference
                            This is so true, and if you have not been taught that from Ulittle, forget acquiring the instinct after say 12 years old. The now defunct Grasshoppers taught that way, It still shows in their many excellent alumnae.

Comment

This is so true, and if you have not been taught that from Ulittle, forget acquiring the instinct after say 12 years old. The now defunct Grasshoppers taught that way, It still shows in their many excellent alumnae.
                              Lol
                              Your ignorance is showing. A proper coach can take that 12 year old with excellent technique and do wonders with the tactics. However he can do much less with the kid who has not learned the technique. But you have no idea what you are talking about. Kills you that the "dribbler" gets all the attention and accolades except from you parents of lesser successful kids. Dad or mom with an E license and no soccer experience except coaching your kids- probably from the sidelines.

Comment

Lol
                                Your ignorance is showing. A proper coach can take that 12 year old with excellent technique and do wonders with the tactics. However he can do much less with the kid who has not learned the technique. But you have no idea what you are talking about. Kills you that the "dribbler" gets all the attention and accolades except from you parents of lesser successful kids. Dad or mom with an E license and no soccer experience except coaching your kids- probably from the sidelines.
                                Funny you would start to insult me. My kid is an impact player on a top team, and a great dribbler, but I’m not sure what that has to do with how much I know about soccer. First touch and speed of play are all about technique not tactics. Hard to perfect after U12 as you point out. Every team has 2-3 great dribblers, but far less of the other type.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X