Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Boston

The I Team has learned that the FC Boston website now only contains info on the Bolts and that the NEP home page now lists the Bolts and Scorpions separately, with no listing for FC Boston. This story is developing.....

This email was sent out Feb 14:

FC Boston Scorpion Families,

Below is an announcement from the FC Boston president and the FC Boston Board of Directors regarding a decision to split the girls and boys sides of FC Boston into two separate entities.

The girls side of the club will revert back to its original name prior to the merger, Scorpions Soccer Club.

There were various philosophical disagreements among board members regarding the best ways to manage the future of the club and the board members tended to split along lines of boys versus girls.
    The anticipated synergy of the original merge of Scorpions and Bolts didn't materialize as we had originally hoped, so in light of that a decision was made to reverse the merger.

In a practical sense the boys and girls have been operating separately for some time now. Little to nothing should change. Coaches, facilities, league access all of that will remain the same.

One beneficial aspect of this decision is that those of us who work daily for the betterment of Scorpions Soccer Club will now be able to more expeditiously make changes and improvements.

The Scorpion Staff is excited about the opportunities that are now in front of us and will continue to work effortlessly in providing a positive experience for our members!

We wish the Bolts great success.

Myself and all of our staff are available to answer any questions you may have. We will keep in frequent contact this week and next.

Sincerely,

Fred Marks

Below message is from FC Boston President, Jonathan Price

February 14, 2018

Dear Parents and Players of FC Boston,

On behalf of the FC Boston Board of Directors, I am writing to share an important announcement regarding our Club.

The two member clubs of FC Boston, the Boston Bolts and the Scorpions Soccer Club have mutually agreed to separate into two individual and unrelated business entities.

Both clubs will continue forward as separate and independent organizations from this point forward. The decision to separate was due to philosophical and strategic differences. In order for each organization to grow and prosper based on their strengths, The FC Boston Board felt it is in the best interest of both to partways.

The GIRLS will step forward as The Scorpions SC and continue under the leadership of Fred Marks.

The BOYS will step forward as The Boston Bolts and continue under the leadership of Brian Ainscough.

Please rest assured that there will be no change in the daily operations and that the players in each organization will see no impact to their teams, coaches, practices, games, leagues or tournaments. On a more practical note, all the teams will continue to wear their same uniforms through the end of the spring season.

You will be receiving further information from your respective club leadership pertaining to their specific plans and goals moving forward.

As a Board, we have enjoyed working with these two dynamic clubs, and we wish both organizations tremendous success going forward, both on and off the field!

Sincerely,

Jonathan Price President FC Boston

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The I Team has learned that the FC Boston website now only contains info on the Bolts and that the NEP home page now lists the Bolts and Scorpions separately, with no listing for FC Boston. This story is developing.....
      The I team is woefully out of touch. And obvious has nothing to do with the club and therefore has no reason to know except to stir the pot.

Comment

Lame attempt to start a garbage thread.

Comment

So are we saying that Fred HASN'T screwed the pooch once again?

Comment

When was the last time FM or Scorpions was relevant? I am sure he will do something else in the next few months to further expedite the demise of what was once a great club. Think of all the coaches who have left him and done well once they have been out. FM has not fired any of them. They have all left because of him.

Comment

What is pathetic is that they sent this release over two weeks ago to parents and not one post on this site until today. It show who is on this site more and more. All clubs have their niche and Scorpions has been a top 5 club for the past 10 plus years.

Comment

Time for another new Scorpions kit, uniform cycle.

Comment

will scorpions still have ECNL status

Comment

What is pathetic is that they sent this release over two weeks ago to parents and not one post on this site until today. It show who is on this site more and more. All clubs have their niche and Scorpions has been a top 5 club for the past 10 plus years.
                    Top 5?

GPS
                    Breakers/NEFC
                    Stars
                    Select
                    Seacoast (yes they count because in same league)
                    Aztecs

Not to mention all of those clubs have multiple regions who are better than Scorpions (any region) so it is really more like 12-15 I would place them.

Comment

Ecnl teams placement in upcoming tournaments under NPL teams says it all

Comment

When was the last time FM or Scorpions was relevant? I am sure he will do something else in the next few months to further expedite the demise of what was once a great club. Think of all the coaches who have left him and done well once they have been out. FM has not fired any of them. They have all left because of him.
                        Name some coaches that have left and done better?
                        Who PM and BB? There nothing's now they were good when they took all of the scorpions junior teams with them. Now what are they doing? I don't even think PM coaches any more and BB is stuck down the south shore with the Stars. Once there players from the scorpions moved on they had nothing to give NEFC
                        FI left last year how's that working out? He took his teams but give him give that a few years and just like the past NEFC will move on from him.
                        PT left runs a club but name one good team he has?

Comment

Name some coaches that have left and done better?
                          Who PM and BB? There nothing's now they were good when they took all of the scorpions junior teams with them. Now what are they doing? I don't even think PM coaches any more and BB is stuck down the south shore with the Stars. Once there players from the scorpions moved on they had nothing to give NEFC
                          FI left last year how's that working out? He took his teams but give him give that a few years and just like the past NEFC will move on from him.
                          PT left runs a club but name one good team he has?
                          PM and BB - Does Scorpions have any teams that could beat their teams?
                          FI - I think the lack of players at Scorpions (quality and quantity) after he left speaks volumes about the respect people had for him compared to FM
                          PT - Seriously? Far more successful club than Scorpions (boys count as well)
                          TM - Boys Director at Stars - JD is a bit more polished than FM I think
                          AB - Boys Director at Aztecs - GC is a bit more polished than FM I think

All of these people are well liked and respected around the state, except FM. At some point you have to recognize who the problem is

Comment

PM and BB - Does Scorpions have any teams that could beat their teams?
                            FI - I think the lack of players at Scorpions (quality and quantity) after he left speaks volumes about the respect people had for him compared to FM
                            PT - Seriously? Far more successful club than Scorpions (boys count as well)
                            TM - Boys Director at Stars - JD is a bit more polished than FM I think
                            AB - Boys Director at Aztecs - GC is a bit more polished than FM I think

All of these people are well liked and respected around the state, except FM. At some point you have to recognize who the problem is
                            FI only left 04s without an ECNL level team. Everyone else fine. May be some talent back at tryouts given there will be girls that prefer HS to DA while playing ECNL.

Comment

FI also took pretty much the whole east region..which were promising teams for the Scorpions. Now they are left with stragglers and town level players, certainly nothing that will feed the ECNL/NPL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X