Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Uh again riiiiight when was it said that the power five gamuarantees extended to conferences outside of the Power five? Clearly it did not. And the guarantee does not. The links and a little google would help those still confused to sort it out. Sort ACC dad or mom whose kid had no confidence from the coach and only gave her one year because they can't lower additional years. Most power 5 offers look like this:

Following a definition of what the costs include, and specifying that the scholarship also included the COA (cost of attendance) it says

Year 1 x%
    Year 2 x%
    Year 3 x%
    Year 4 x%

The mid majors can CHOOSE to follow suit but are not required.

So Mr. ACC
    Your kids was

Year 1 x%
    Year 2 0%
    Year 3 0%
    Year 4 0%

Even if not specified that's what it is. They just hoped (and they were apparently right) that with your ignorance of the process they could hide the fact that they don't have confidence that your kid will contribute. They think maybe and used some money to grab her into the program, but they hedged their bets if she doesn't pan out.

If your kid performs the coach can then up the money if he has any available.
    I missed where it said that the 4 years applies to all sports or just head count sports

Comment

Uh again riiiiight when was it said that the power five gamuarantees extended to conferences outside of the Power five? Clearly it did not. And the guarantee does not. The links and a little google would help those still confused to sort it out. Sort ACC dad or mom whose kid had no confidence from the coach and only gave her one year because they can't lower additional years. Most power 5 offers look like this:

Following a definition of what the costs include, and specifying that the scholarship also included the COA (cost of attendance) it says

Year 1 x%
      Year 2 x%
      Year 3 x%
      Year 4 x%

So Mr. ACC
      Your kids was

Year 1 x%
      Year 2 0%
      Year 3 0%
      Year 4 0%

Even if not specified that's what it is. They just hoped (and they were apparently right) that with your ignorance of the process they could hide the fact that they don't have confidence that your kid will contribute. They think maybe and used some money to grab her into the program, but they hedged their bets if she doesn't pan out.

Actually you are wrong because I know what my kid signed and you are just guessing. As I said it did stipulate amounts for all 4 years but it is still renewable annually which has been good for us because the amounts have gone up each year.

Comment

Year 1 x%
        Year 2 x%
        Year 3 x%
        Year 4 x%

So Mr. ACC
        Your kids was

Year 1 x%
        Year 2 0%
        Year 3 0%
        Year 4 0%

Douchey "expert" knows what "most" Power 5 offers look like. lol. Everyone is an "expert" on this site.

Comment

Douchey "expert" knows what "most" Power 5 offers look like. lol. Everyone is an "expert" on this site.
          Douchey slow person thinks he understands college recruiting. All the articles should you actually have enough IQ points to check do not specify the sport or revenue sports or anything specific to equivalency sports instead they only refer globally to scholarships and student athletes. If your kid is of the level to garner interest from power 5 you should check yourself. Obviously the college coaches aren;t going to fill you in if they decide they want to hedge their bets by offering your kid 0 in years 2.3.4.

here's a good overview for everyone

https://www.news-press.com/story/spo...tees/74009542/

Comment

Douchey slow person thinks he understands college recruiting. All the articles should you actually have enough IQ points to check do not specify the sport or revenue sports or anything specific to equivalency sports instead they only refer globally to scholarships and student athletes. If your kid is of the level to garner interest from power 5 you should check yourself. Obviously the college coaches aren;t going to fill you in if they decide they want to hedge their bets by offering your kid 0 in years 2.3.4.

Do you have a kid currently playing or about to play for a school in one of the Power 5 Conferences? Theoretical understanding is different than actual experience.

Comment

Anyone else notice that the above article highlights (literally in yellow) an offer from Columbia that is for the "full four years", but totally fails to mention that it is a NEED based offer touting Columbia's willingness to meet 100% of demonstrated financial need. Same as any admit would get

Comment

Do you have a kid currently playing or about to play for a school in one of the Power 5 Conferences? Theoretical understanding is different than actual experience.
                I do and her offer is 4yrs gteed 80/100/100/100 ..top 3 soccer school.

Comment

I do and her offer is 4yrs gteed 80/100/100/100 ..top 3 soccer school.
                  Great, so your kid is a stud. Congrats. But your nonsense doesn't apply to 99% of the readers on this forum.

Comment

Great, so your kid is a stud. Congrats. But your nonsense doesn't apply to 99% of the readers on this forum.
                    Nah. I was kidding. My kid played rec. and stank at that. Did not qualify for any academic grants because of average GPA in h.s. Stuck paying full price. But, she will play intramural soccer, so there's that. She'll win at that.

Comment

Im not the guy typing it. I only replied because she is also ACC. A different experience to teh other guy who suggested they were not 4 yrs. Our experience is different.

Comment

trump

I wrote it and yes

Comment

Frankly not sure who the viewership for the forum or this thread are. I would suspect some would have kids at the level since some of the programs are pretty weak and the power 5 covers a broad range of programming. If i had a younger kid, I would be interested in the fact that Power 5 schools must guarantee multiyear scholarships. No they don't HAVE to offer 4 years. That's unfortunately what happened to Mr. I have a kid going into an ACC program and she has a single year scholarship. But when you do negotiate (most of the time this is the case and I know because I helped negotiate several of these deals) the 4 year deals in the power 5 they cannot be rescinded for anything but gross misbehavior and or academic failure. Some of the midmajor schools have followed in the lead of the power 5 so multi year deals are now not uncommon in all conferences. I can't speak to the rescindability in other schools, but if the multi year is in the LOI then its contracted to the terms therein.

Comment

Btw the Congrats seemed so sincere . lol

Comment

Frankly not sure who the viewership for the forum or this thread are. I would suspect some would have kids at the level since some of the programs are pretty weak and the power 5 covers a broad range of programming. If i had a younger kid, I would be interested in the fact that Power 5 schools must guarantee multiyear scholarships. No they don't HAVE to offer 4 years. That's unfortunately what happened to Mr. I have a kid going into an ACC program and she has a single year scholarship. But when you do negotiate (most of the time this is the case and I know because I helped negotiate several of these deals) the 4 year deals in the power 5 they cannot be rescinded for anything but gross misbehavior and or academic failure. Some of the midmajor schools have followed in the lead of the power 5 so multi year deals are now not uncommon in all conferences. I can't speak to the rescindability in other schools, but if the multi year is in the LOI then its contracted to the terms therein.
                              At most you see 10 per year from Mass going to a power 5. Virtually never a Big 12 or PAC 10, yes I know there is one committed to USC, rarely an SEC, occasionally a Big 10, and mostly ACC. I suspect the audience of this forum is much more diverse.

Comment

A lot of Big East, Patriot etc around here

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X