Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    does anyone think Pugh and Horan are any better now after giving up college? i actually Horan has gone backwards after being in multiple US camps. probably needs to go back to PSG. For all the gushing Julie Foudy does about Pugh, don't get it. I think Christen Press is much better.
    I think Pugh is fine... she reminds me of young Robben: A dangerous winger with pace, skill and workrate. I think Horan's speed of play has slowed since she left PSG. She isn't being pushed like she was in EU as the US midfield is weak right now. Lloyd has slowed, though in her case it's her age is catching up. Honestly, the only middy who isbperforming well is Errz at the 6. If the US wants to play long balls over the top to feed Morgan/Rapinoe/Pugh, then the weak mid is tolerable. If they want to play any type of possession soccer, coach needs to change things up at the 8/10.

I like Press, but she isn't better than Pugh right now and doesn't have Rapinoe's technicals or Morgan's speed or height, hence the lack of starts.

Comment

I think Pugh is fine... she reminds me of young Robben: A dangerous winger with pace, skill and workrate. I think Horan's speed of play has slowed since she left PSG. She isn't being pushed like she was in EU as the US midfield is weak right now. Lloyd has slowed, though in her case it's her age is catching up. Honestly, the only middy who isbperforming well is Errz at the 6. If the US wants to play long balls over the top to feed Morgan/Rapinoe/Pugh, then the weak mid is tolerable. If they want to play any type of possession soccer, coach needs to change things up at the 8/10.

I like Press, but she isn't better than Pugh right now and doesn't have Rapinoe's technicals or Morgan's speed or height, hence the lack of starts.
      We have nothing on corner kicks and coaches allowed same kicker the last game to try and service a playable ball to beyond failure.

Morgan is nice to look at but let’s face it she’s done

We chase and comit 3 players to attacking the ball when opponents have possession to only look like fools exposing easy keep away

I could go on and on. The A Lic is a joke in this country and books don’t teach vision and IQ
      The lack of touch and vision is easy to spot on this team.

Comment

We have nothing on corner kicks and coaches allowed same kicker the last game to try and service a playable ball to beyond failure.

Morgan is nice to look at but let’s face it she’s done

We chase and comit 3 players to attacking the ball when opponents have possession to only look like fools exposing easy keep away

I could go on and on. The A Lic is a joke in this country and books don’t teach vision and IQ
        The lack of touch and vision is easy to spot on this team.
        You proved my point: the midfield is weak so when the forwards try and play the high press to win the ball in the opponents defensive third, the slower mids struggle to close down the angles and passing lanes. Need a serious overhaul in the midfield.

Comment

Robben? lol no. Not even close. Robben had pace, trickery and a ridiculous shot. Pugh has pace.

Comment

GDA restarted

winter break over, stars gda restarted its schedule. watched my favorite 00/99 team on site, they keep adding new players, rumor says best players left. some new faces seems good level (ecnl add-on? pretty sure they should be), but one or two players terribly poor, they played fake, causing the team to lose a quick goal. Wrong coaching, don't read players, wrong lineup, another lost. But game next day vs. Sky blue, stars will win. Sky blue is too weak.

Comment

winter break over, stars gda restarted its schedule. watched my favorite 00/99 team on site, they keep adding new players, rumor says best players left. some new faces seems good level (ecnl add-on? pretty sure they should be), but one or two players terribly poor, they played fake, causing the team to lose a quick goal. Wrong coaching, don't read players, wrong lineup, another lost. But game next day vs. Sky blue, stars will win. Sky blue is too weak.
              Dewhurst coached this game

Comment

Dewhurst coached this game
                Facts speak:

Game 1: - Stars Away game - Stars beat Oakwood 7:3

Game 2 - Stars' Home game - Oakwood beat Stars: 1:0, Dewhurst coached this game.

Comment

Facts speak:

Game 2 - Stars' Home game - Oakwood beat Stars: 1:0, Dewhurst coached this game.
                  LOL Is this SM trying to justify he shouldn't have been demoted from the team?! Stick to futsal buddy.

Comment

LOL Is this SM trying to justify he shouldn't have been demoted from the team?! Stick to futsal buddy.
                    no swearing at people pls, learn to respect a soccer coach who actually plays soccer!

Comment

Facts speak:

I'm curious if these two games were back to back and who coached the first one.

Comment

no swearing at people pls, learn to respect a soccer coach who actually plays soccer!
                        Thanks mom

Comment

I'm curious if these two games were back to back and who coached the first one.
                          6 players were missing from game 2

Comment

6 players were missing from game 2
                            NT players at first game last fall, no NT players in second game last weekend.

Comment

NT players at first game last fall, no NT players in second game last weekend.
                              Two NT players were not at game 2, other NT players played.

Dewhurst need a win, persuated at least 4 ECNL players from stars ecnl teems 1999, 2000, 2001 to help.

Loss was locked the first 10 minutes of Game 2.

Comment

Two NT players were not at game 2, other NT players played.

Dewhurst need a win, persuated at least 4 ECNL players from stars ecnl teems 1999, 2000, 2001 to help.

Loss was locked the first 10 minutes of Game 2.
                                OP here who asked question, So there was a large time gap between the two games and then I'd ask have some of the 2018's (2000s) gone off as spring freshman already as that would make a difference as to how reliant this team is on starters va bench depthwise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X