Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepotism running rampant at the Revs Academy

Over the winter break, the Revs added only two players to the U13/14 team (and moved a few to the U15/16 team)

Guess who they were? They added the GM's son (Burns) and the Academy Director's son (Scales)

Shame Shame. So much for finding the best players. I happen to know how these two players play and they certainly are not at the same level as any of the other players.

http://academy.demosphere.com/teams/...5170/TEAM.html

I guess that whole theory that these things only happened at the town level with board members and their children goes out the window.

By the way it happens everywhere, it not a sport thing. At my work all the interns are related to higher ups . We were voted one of the top places to work ..I hate to be at a bad place to work.

Comment

Nothing against the kids, but this move makes a mockery of the entire Revs Academy program. Burns and Scales go way back -- they played D1 soccer together at Hartwick about 20 years ago. Old buddies still scratching each others backs. What a joke.

Comment

I know nothing about the revs academy but these are some small additions. I'm not saying they can't play but I'm struck by their physical size (or lack of it).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Over the winter break, the Revs added only two players to the U13/14 team (and moved a few to the U15/16 team)

Guess who they were? They added the GM's son (Burns) and the Academy Director's son (Scales)

Shame Shame. So much for finding the best players. I happen to know how these two players play and they certainly are not at the same level as any of the other players.

I don't know them but wouldn't be surprised. Did they have to go through pretend tryouts also? Did they even have supplemental tryouts at all to give other more deserving players a chance?

Comment

Roster fillers who will never actually play???

Comment

As long as Kraft sees the money flowing in (RDS) he doesn't care. GH is just a stooge.

Comment

This isn't exactly a stop the presses moment. Take a look at the older teams. DA family and friends etc

Comment

As long as Kraft sees the money flowing in (RDS) he doesn't care. GH is just a stooge.
                  Just curious have these kids even played at a competitive level.. what club,which team, maple blue or top flight NEP? Have they played region one. They have all 1999 and two 2000. How can they justify a 2001.

Comment

Not saying it wasn't nepotism
                    but at least DA's kid was a decent player when he joined the academy

Comment

Sour. Grapes. If your kid was good enough you wouldn't be sitting around and complaining.

Comment

My kid is good enough and so are a lot of others btw. Fact is these two aren't. Let's not pretend to support this decision now.

Comment

Actually my kids on the team. The team is not only worse now but feel I sorry for the players who really deserve a spot

Comment

Sour. Grapes. If your kid was good enough you wouldn't be sitting around and complaining.
                            Actually my kid is on u 14 team. He earned his spot

Comment

This is sickening.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X