Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, and they will follow him to wherever he goes next.
    I spoke to MD last week and he told me that BK will take the team next season.

Comment

Who will be coaching my child’s team?

• We expect most coaching assignments to remain the same so as to
      provide as much consistency and stability for our players as possible.
      The coaching assignments will ultimately be determined by the
      Technical Director?????? & Director of Coaching???????, based upon player
      background, experience and education.
      • Just as we seek to provide each player with appropriate
      playing/training opportunities, we also look to place coaches in
      appropriate coaching situations. The staff will be a combination of
      professional and volunteer coaches.

Who will be the technical director and who will be the Director of coaching?????

7. How much will this cost?
      • Based on the findings of our financial subcommittee, we do not see the
      merger of the two clubs increasing the cost of player fees. However,
      player fees are projected to increase based solely on the increased
      expenses such as field maintenance, user fees, etc. regardless of the
      merger.

Volunteer coaches???? You are raising the fees to have Volunteer coaches????

Comment

Volunteer coaches???? You are raising the fees to have Volunteer coaches????
        Without a doubt the worst thing about EL is they charge the same for all teams. Some team have volunteer coaches and some have the DOC and paid staff as coaches. I am still not sure what the criteria for determining which teams gets the pro coaches, but my son's team never has.

Comment

Inversely, the highest paid "professional" coach at PH is the least competent.

Comment

Without a doubt the worst thing about EL is they charge the same for all teams. Some team have volunteer coaches and some have the DOC and paid staff as coaches. I am still not sure what the criteria for determining which teams gets the pro coaches, but my son's team never has.
            DAAAAAAAA are you on the board?

Comment

Yes, and they will follow him to wherever he goes next.
              BP is going to Clearwater

Comment

BP is going to Clearwater
                He went to PH because he did not like CLW merge with CYSA. Now he likes CLW?

Other than BK, what else changed?

Comment

Inversely, the highest paid "professional" coach at PH is the least competent.
                  Who will be the technical director and who will be the Director of coaching?????

Comment

When did we decide to become a high pressure super club?

How popsicles create soccer players
                    February 24, 2010 · Leave a Comment

Is this the key to building successful young players?
                    I was talking with another parent a few months back and he said something that has got me thinking. He said, “If you want your small child to become a good soccer player, here’s what you do. You get a couple small collapsible goals, a soccer ball, a cooler, and a box of popsicles and you take your kid to the park where other kids are. Get the kids started playing and every 30 minutes or so, stop and give everyone a popsicle. Do that once a week from the time they’re young and your kid will love soccer for their entire life.” I didn’t dwell on what he said much at the time. It was passing conversation between parents waiting for their kids to finish practice. But now what he said has pushed its way into my thinking and I’ve decided what I think of it.

It’s genius!

It’s not genius because of the details. It’s genius because of the idea behind it. You’ve got your kid playing soccer. He’s playing with other kids. They’re having fun. And there’s a shared treat involved in it. There’s no pressure. No standings. No screaming parents on the sidelines looking for results. Just kids goofing off in the park and having popsicles. That sounds like fun, right? And that’s the genius. Kids will do anything as long as it’s fun. Once it stops being fun, kids are going to lose interest.

So that’s my revelation. The more fun it is, the more likely kids are going to stick with it. The longer they stick with it, the better they will become. And here’s the virtuous cycle in all this… the better they become, the more fun they have. See what we did there? Coaching genius from the mouth of a parent who had two young boys on the field that night. And guess what… both of them were really top-notch players. I can’t help but think that their father’s approach had helped them along the way.

So what does it take to create good soccer players? Does it take fancy facilities? High-level expert coaching? Playing at the top club? Nah. What does it take to create good soccer players? Just a ball and some popsicles.

Comment

How popsicles create soccer players
                      February 24, 2010 · Leave a Comment

Is this the key to building successful young players?
                      I was talking with another parent a few months back and he said something that has got me thinking. He said, “If you want your small child to become a good soccer player, here’s what you do. You get a couple small collapsible goals, a soccer ball, a cooler, and a box of popsicles and you take your kid to the park where other kids are. Get the kids started playing and every 30 minutes or so, stop and give everyone a popsicle. Do that once a week from the time they’re young and your kid will love soccer for their entire life.” I didn’t dwell on what he said much at the time. It was passing conversation between parents waiting for their kids to finish practice. But now what he said has pushed its way into my thinking and I’ve decided what I think of it.

It’s genius!

It’s not genius because of the details. It’s genius because of the idea behind it. You’ve got your kid playing soccer. He’s playing with other kids. They’re having fun. And there’s a shared treat involved in it. There’s no pressure. No standings. No screaming parents on the sidelines looking for results. Just kids goofing off in the park and having popsicles. That sounds like fun, right? And that’s the genius. Kids will do anything as long as it’s fun. Once it stops being fun, kids are going to lose interest.

So that’s my revelation. The more fun it is, the more likely kids are going to stick with it. The longer they stick with it, the better they will become. And here’s the virtuous cycle in all this… the better they become, the more fun they have. See what we did there? Coaching genius from the mouth of a parent who had two young boys on the field that night. And guess what… both of them were really top-notch players. I can’t help but think that their father’s approach had helped them along the way.

So what does it take to create good soccer players? Does it take fancy facilities? High-level expert coaching? Playing at the top club? Nah. What does it take to create good soccer players? Just a ball and some popsicles.
                      You are Funny if I take My kid to the park to play soccer, everyone else will be playing basketball or football, this is not Europe or South America where you go to the park and every kid is playing soccer, unless you drive all his teammates to the park they won't go, stop being stupid.

Comment

Is easy:

Palm Harbor + Eastlake = Larger club, larger pool of players, not a bad idea.

Colorado Rapids = What for? Doesn't make any sense, really bad idea.

BK involvement = PH don't want him, EL don't want him, get rid of him or this won't work.

The two main obstacles that need to be sort out are BK and the rapids.

Comment

Is easy:

Palm Harbor + Eastlake = Larger club, larger pool of players, not a bad idea.

Colorado Rapids = What for? Doesn't make any sense, really bad idea.

BK involvement = PH don't want him, EL don't want him, get rid of him or this won't work.

The two main obstacles that need to be sort out are BK and the rapids.
                          I wonder how many people are thinking this too. I am for one...

Comment

Any news from the meeting last night?

Comment

Any news from the meeting last night?
                              Yes, It is a Done Deal

Comment

Yes, It is a Done Deal
                                I Think Not (Capitalization Is Cool And Wins Out Over Actually Thinking!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X