Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. Lots of excellent coaches in the ISL who are great technicians and teachers of the game. Many have college and club soccer coaching backgrounds and most have advanced national licensees. The best coaches do more than coach soccer they help prepare young men for life after soccer. That is where the ISL coaches truly excel.

With Academy coaches I have found that the coaching quality varies a good deal. I like the coaches at the Revs more personally but think the Bolts have a better overall coaching staff. Unfortunately a number of the "better" academy coaches with strong track records are people I wouldn't my kid to play for. One the reasons why I chose the ISL route for my son.
    I would take SS from Beaver over MK from Bolts any day of the week. And I say that in terms of both soccer and non soccer development.

Comment

Isl

You can certainly argue that ISL teacher/coaches prepare young men for life etc.....but no one has ever chosen ISL over Academy...it was chosen for them by the Academy coaches

Comment

You can certainly argue that ISL teacher/coaches prepare young men for life etc.....but no one has ever chosen ISL over Academy...it was chosen for them by the Academy coaches
        Agreed - can't wait for ISL season to get going but I no that ISL is not real soccer - sucks that I cant do both

Comment

I would take SS from Beaver over MK from Bolts any day of the week. And I say that in terms of both soccer and non soccer development.
          Is Beaver now in ISL?

Comment

Agreed. Lots of excellent coaches in the ISL who are great technicians and teachers of the game. Many have college and club soccer coaching backgrounds and most have advanced national licensees. The best coaches do more than coach soccer they help prepare young men for life after soccer. That is where the ISL coaches truly excel.

With Academy coaches I have found that the coaching quality varies a good deal. I like the coaches at the Revs more personally but think the Bolts have a better overall coaching staff. Unfortunately a number of the "better" academy coaches with strong track records are people I wouldn't my kid to play for. One the reasons why I chose the ISL route for my son.
            "most have advanced national licensees" really??? - name them!

Comment

Why not? The waiver program is still in effect and will remain so indefinitely.
              Revs are telling their playere to choose DAP or High School. No more waivers

Comment

Beaver is not in the ISL though they would probably like to be.

Comment

Revs are telling their playere to choose DAP or High School. No more waivers
                  Interesting. That is not what they said to the players on another prep school team whom they have invited to join them. Still seems to be selective messaging from the DAP programs. No waivers....unless they really want you and that is the only way you will play.

Comment

dgbybm

"most have advanced national licensees" really??? - name them!
                    I would be happy to. This is an incomplete list so the number may be higher but at least 10 of 16 have the NSCAA National or its equivalent the USSF C.

BBN- NSCAA Premier
                    Belmont Hill- USSF A
                    Lawrence- USSF C
                    Milton- NSCAA Advanced National
                    Nobles- NCSAA Advanced National
                    Rivers- USSF C
                    St. Georges- NSCAA National
                    St. Marks- NSCAA National
                    St. Paul's- USSF B and NSCAA National
                    Thayer- NSCAA Advanced National

I would have to assume that the Brooks and RL coaches have advanced licenses as well, but even if not they are clearly first rate coaches. I would bet the MX and Groton coaches have national licenses as well but do not know. All excellent coaches who choose to work in schools rather than live off the screwed up world of club soccer.

Comment

Interesting. That is not what they said to the players on another prep school team whom they have invited to join them. Still seems to be selective messaging from the DAP programs. No waivers....unless they really want you and that is the only way you will play.
                      Come September we will find out!

Comment

I would be happy to. This is an incomplete list so the number may be higher but at least 10 of 16 have the NSCAA National or its equivalent the USSF C.

BBN- NSCAA Premier
                        Belmont Hill- USSF A
                        Lawrence- USSF C
                        Rivers- USSF C

I would have to assume that the Brooks and RL coaches have advanced licenses as well, but even if not they are clearly first rate coaches. I would bet the MX and Groton coaches have national licenses as well but do not know. All excellent coaches who choose to work in schools rather than live off the screwed up world of club soccer.
                        well played! dope slap the dope!

Comment

OK. Clearly there are some experience and solid coaches in the league. Who are the best and why?

Comment

BBN- NSCAA Premier
                            Belmont Hill- USSF A
                            Lawrence- USSF C
                            Rivers- USSF C

5 on your list have real licenses if info is true (wher did you get it?). Cannot compare with Academy coaches. Scales has Premier Diploma, Koolman won a National Championship and was voted Coach of the Year in 2007, Seabrook has USSF "A" Lcense.
                            It is a different world - one is educating young men and the other is soccer. It is frustrating that with the help of all these licenses, the ISL coaches don't want the boys to make a nice easy pass. The days of ISL players going to D1 are over.

Comment

5 on your list have real licenses if info is true (wher did you get it?). Cannot compare with Academy coaches. Scales has Premier Diploma, Koolman won a National Championship and was voted Coach of the Year in 2007, Seabrook has USSF "A" Lcense.
                              It is a different world - one is educating young men and the other is soccer. It is frustrating that with the help of all these licenses, the ISL coaches don't want the boys to make a nice easy pass. The days of ISL players going to D1 are over.
                              Who cares if the coaches have meaningless diplomas. Sadly the talent is not available at ISL schools to move the ball through passing. If you want to win at ISL you must kick the ball up the field and fight for the 50:50 ball. Why compare to academy? It is a different game.

Comment

ISL better without Academy

I see kids saying that they would like to do both ISL and Academy. I think that the ISL soccer will be fairer and better without Academy players. The Academy players are training like professionals. This is not in the spirit of the ISL The top Academy players incuding those that used to play in the ISL are learning to play the game for college and pros. This is not fair for boys that want to excel in the classroom. They cannot be expected to compete. Also I think that the Academy boys will find ISL very poor, play, coaching, fileds, practice. It may be fun to be the best player on the field, but is it sport? If you have a kid who runs a 9 sec 100 meter while preparing for the Olympics, how would you feel about running agaisnt him at school? ISL will be great without the Academy players and the Academy players will do better without ISL. win win

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X