Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braden River u-13 girls tryouts May 31st

Braden River competitive tryouts begin May 31st. See you there!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Braden River competitive tryouts begin May 31st. See you there!
    Thanks we have been guest playing and look forward to your try outs.

Comment

that's really good news

Comment

who is the coach and what qualifications/experience do they have?

Comment

If you are talking about this years u-13 team soon to be u-14 his name is George Ameres if its the u-12 soon to be u-13 it is Mark Freeman. I don't know much about Mark but I can tell you that George has done a wonderful job with his teams over the last 5 or 6 years that I've known him. If I'm not mistaken he has his D licence and Will be receiving his C at some point in the near future. His playing experience is quite extensive as well, played in college the USISL and over seas for some time. He does a good job of developing and teaching the game the way it should be played wich will obviously benefit the players down the road in their soccer careers. Our daughter is a player for him at Manatee high were he is also the coach and we were very happy with is abilities as a coach at the high school level. Our daughter played for Rick Pontos team this year at Braden River and we were very happy with him as a coach as well.
          I can also tell you that Mark has done a good job with his team and I hear nothing but positive about him throughout the club . Unfortunately I do not know him that well so I can't really tell you about his qualifications or playing experience.

Comment

who is the coach and what qualifications/experience do they have?
            this thread is sounding like an informercial...do I get a free set of ShamWOWs with that??!?

Comment

If you are talking about this years u-13 team soon to be u-14 his name is George Ameres if its the u-12 soon to be u-13 it is Mark Freeman. I don't know much about Mark but I can tell you that George has done a wonderful job with his teams over the last 5 or 6 years that I've known him. If I'm not mistaken he has his D licence and Will be receiving his C at some point in the near future. His playing experience is quite extensive as well, played in college the USISL and over seas for some time. He does a good job of developing and teaching the game the way it should be played wich will obviously benefit the players down the road in their soccer careers. Our daughter is a player for him at Manatee high were he is also the coach and we were very happy with is abilities as a coach at the high school level. Our daughter played for Rick Pontos team this year at Braden River and we were very happy with him as a coach as well.
              I can also tell you that Mark has done a good job with his team and I hear nothing but positive about him throughout the club . Unfortunately I do not know him that well so I can't really tell you about his qualifications or playing experience.
              thanks for the information. I dont know george or Mark but am very familiar with Pontos.
              If you feel or believe that he is a good coach then I would question your ability to give a proper evaluation of a coach. Rick is a nice person and befriends the players. However he does lack game knowledge and training skills and only has an E license. He would do well with a much younger age group but shouldnt be coaching a senior age group.
              Again I think he is a nice person and recently had a great conversation with him. Yet as far as coaching, that is a different story at the older age group.
              But thanks for yourinformation

Comment

Word to the wise. Keep far far away from Braden River Soccer club. If your child is an athlete and you want your child to properly develop and progress Stay far far away from Braden River soccer club. The club is not serious and is a recreational club. Beware how you spend your $$$$$$. I advise you to club shop and do your homework.

Comment

You should look at each individual age group not necessarily the club as a whole. I know it sounds crazy but just because you don't like the club it doesn't mean that some of the particular age groups within the club don't have something good to offer these kids. This is true for all clubs not just BR. Some of the age groups at BR have the best teams and best coaching in the area. Some I agree whith you not so much. Also BR is the least expensive in the area.

Comment

This years u13 girls from BR participated in the first round of state cup, they won all three games and automatically qualify for the round of sixteen. What is your u13 team doing at this point. We are getting our $$$$ worth.

Comment

This years u13 girls from BR participated in the first round of state cup, they won all three games and automatically qualify for the round of sixteen. What is your u13 team doing at this point. We are getting our $$$$ worth.
                      I have also heard good things about the above team. I am not from BR but I have found it also interesting watching their soon to be u11b team grow. My sons team use to beat them badly at u9 and each year they continue to get better. At the end of last year and this year they beat us! It seems all their kids develop and not just a few. I want to know more about how they train. Not sure I agree with it but I do have to say after watching and knowing these boys for two years now they have improved tremendously.

Comment

You should look at each individual age group not necessarily the club as a whole. I know it sounds crazy but just because you don't like the club it doesn't mean that some of the particular age groups within the club don't have something good to offer these kids. This is true for all clubs not just BR. Some of the age groups at BR have the best teams and best coaching in the area. Some I agree whith you not so much. Also BR is the least expensive in the area.

What BR teams have the best coaching in the area?

Comment

You know as well as I do in State cup some fall into easier brackets then others, Just because you make the final 16 or 8 does not mean you are a good team. It may just mean you received a good draw. Make it to the Semi - Finals at least and then you should have played some good teams by then. Make it into R3PL and then come talk to me. You cannot look at individual teams and MUST take club into considerations. Clubs like Braden River at this time have dictatorship leaders and prevents teams from reaching their potential. Some people have egos and seem to forget about the kids and teams and don't always do what is in the best interest of the players.Look hard at coaches and trainers and former players. I have seen A, B, C License people and former players do an awful job at coaching and or training. Soccer is such a simple game and yet people and politics make it complicated. The only losers are then the kids.

Comment

Ok so beating west pines the winners of Presidents cup and one of the best teams in the state 3-1 is a good drawl. I don't think you have a clue. Yes some teams may have had an easier drawl but in that age group only the good teams advance . It is a very competitive age group in SC . But your right, let's wait until the end of the next round and then we can talk again.

Comment

Is Clearwater taking this club over with their new fields?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X