Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the info and work pulling that together, thats really cool, any correlation on the "density" of the populaion, ie sq miles, how spread out are they calling the area..... Like vegas is pretty dense than thins out a lot, like desert thin... central ct is spread out.

I just see it as an obstacle if you need to travel an hour to get to a game or whatnot, we dont have good public transport so you have to drive and watch your consumption, or plan on being in traffic, etc. How Foxboro works for the Patriots eludes me, super inconvenient.... if they stop losing thats going to be an issue. Mass has like zero easy to use public transportation... Fenway works fine, trains and buses everywhere... Yankees same.....
    here's the definition of MSA from wiki:

In the United States, a metropolitan statistical area (MSA) is a geographical region with a relatively high population density at its core and close economic ties throughout the area. Such regions are neither legally incorporated as a city or town would be, nor are they legal administrative divisions like counties or separate entities such as states; as such, the precise definition of any given metropolitan area can vary with the source. A typical metropolitan area is centered on a single large city that wields substantial influence over the region (e.g., New York City or Philadelphia). However, some metropolitan areas contain more than one large city with no single municipality holding a substantially dominant position (e.g., Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, Norfolk-Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads), Riverside–San Bernardino (Inland Empire) or Minneapolis–Saint Paul (Twin Cities)). MSAs are defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and used by the Census Bureau and other federal government agencies for statistical purposes.

Comment

here's the definition of MSA from wiki:

In the United States, a metropolitan statistical area (MSA) is a geographical region with a relatively high population density at its core and close economic ties throughout the area. Such regions are neither legally incorporated as a city or town would be, nor are they legal administrative divisions like counties or separate entities such as states; as such, the precise definition of any given metropolitan area can vary with the source. A typical metropolitan area is centered on a single large city that wields substantial influence over the region (e.g., New York City or Philadelphia). However, some metropolitan areas contain more than one large city with no single municipality holding a substantially dominant position (e.g., Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, Norfolk-Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads), Riverside–San Bernardino (Inland Empire) or Minneapolis–Saint Paul (Twin Cities)). MSAs are defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and used by the Census Bureau and other federal government agencies for statistical purposes.
      hartford metro is #45 (of 50) on a list of total population of metro areas, but has 801 people per square mile, compared to 2377 in NY area, 1320 boston, 922 washington, 597 seattle, and is ranked #15 on that same list so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://statisticalatlas.com/metro-a...ord/Population

Comment

Stadium location is perfect. If prices are reasonable, tons of people (minorities) can walk to the games.

Comment

Stadium location is perfect. If prices are reasonable, tons of people (minorities) can walk to the games.
          Hartford is 40% African American - not exactly big soccer fans. Wealthy suburbanite whites wont' want to go there either.

Comment

Thanks for the info and work pulling that together, thats really cool, any correlation on the "density" of the populaion, ie sq miles, how spread out are they calling the area..... Like vegas is pretty dense than thins out a lot, like desert thin... central ct is spread out.

I just see it as an obstacle if you need to travel an hour to get to a game or whatnot, we dont have good public transport so you have to drive and watch your consumption, or plan on being in traffic, etc. How Foxboro works for the Patriots eludes me, super inconvenient.... if they stop losing thats going to be an issue. Mass has like zero easy to use public transportation... Fenway works fine, trains and buses everywhere... Yankees same.....
            I think you are overthinking it

The typical soccer fan has a car. They can throw the kids in the car and get to the game if they are willing to. If Athletic has a good product and markets it well they should be get good attendance

Furthermore, the Athletic should draw from outside the Hartford MSA. You can get to Hartford from just about anywhere within an one or two max. I live in FC and would go to some games. I drove to Hartford to see NYCFC play last year. I went to multiple Elm City Express games last year.

Comment

Hartford is 40% African American - not exactly big soccer fans. Wealthy suburbanite whites wont' want to go there either.
              Why wouldn't surbanites go to the game ...

Over 43% of Hartford City residents are Hispanic. They wouldn't like soccer

There are many black folk who love soccer.

Comment

What about Hartford’s thousands of Jamaican Americans? Dem luv da footy Mr Smahl mine!

Comment

What is Everson from Ginga connection to Hartford Athletic and what will his role in the club be?

Comment

What is Everson from Ginga connection to Hartford Athletic and what will his role in the club be?
                    translator

Comment

They have only been a club for a week? What progress are you looking for

- Don't they already have over a thousand deposits for season tickets.
                      - Didn't get their scarves all across Fox during WC

Signed not the owners kid
                      They have rented a office near the field the last eight months and started their operation. Well at least the owners kid has. It reminds me of some rich kid who knows nothing about soccer given a toy paid for my tax payers money.

Comment

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-...mpression=true

Is CT a soccer state

Comment

New coach hired by Hartford United seems solid. Jimmy Nielsen - former goalkeeper and captain for Sporting KC. Most recently did a nice job coaching another USL team.

Comment

This will go as well as Elm City.

Comment

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-...924-story.html

Comment

Maybe they're using the same contractor as CFC ;)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X