Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has gone off the rails.

We're talking about 2007s and NLIs at the same time? 10 & 11 year olds, folks. Many won't still being playing soccer when in high school or, at the very least, won't want to play. I realize many parents will want their Little Alex to play but will they ask Little Alex if she wants to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

We're talking about 2007s and NLIs at the same time? 10 & 11 year olds, folks. Many won't still being playing soccer when in high school or, at the very least, won't want to play. I realize many parents will want their Little Alex to play but will they ask Little Alex if she wants to play?
      OMG! Really?! I'm glad you are here to tell us all something we all know.

Comment

It's the TS version of Godwin's law.

As the online discussion grows longer, the probability of a discussion on d1 versus d3, academics v athletics, good school v bad school, increases. Almost every thread leads to this.

Come to TS for the juicy gossip on team's falling apart, the REAL answers on why our men's team hasn't won a world cup and stay for the parents discussing college scholarship percentages and whether it's better to go to Holy Cross or Williams!

Comment

OMG! Really?! I'm glad you are here to tell us all something we all know.
          Just worry about your Little Alex, dbag....

Comment

Just worry about your Little Alex, dbag....
            Oh no! Someone on TS is calling me names. This makes me so sad.

Comment

Oh no! Someone on TS is calling me names. This makes me so sad.
              Glad that I could help you out, dbag

Comment

This is a load of crap!! This is the line they sell because they have no choice. The classic spin game. They can't hold on to these players so they tell you they are happy to see them move on. And you don't get to claim D1 players that moved on to other clubs. The whole point of this line of questioning is whether or not SPOL can put a player into D1, and from your post the answer is a resounding no!
                Any d1 player, in any club, will move to higher levels if the quality of the remainder of players on their team don’t help them acheive their goals.
                Some clubs are happy to have developed that player and wish them the best.
                Sounds like your club is not one of those...shame

High level squads will attract players from every club and that is how it should work. They should be called regional. Very few clubs here have the talent to grow a team from u10 up to d1 players. It’s good luck to coaches who have the opportunity to coach these kids.

And what drives your anger for SPOL?
                Did you work or play for Hamlets or Fortis?

Comment

Any d1 player, in any club, will move to higher levels if the quality of the remainder of players on their team don’t help them acheive their goals.

High level squads will attract players from every club and that is how it should work. They should be called regional. Very few clubs here have the talent to grow a team from u10 up to d1 players. It’s good luck to coaches who have the opportunity to coach these kids.

This isn't about anger. The question was put forth, whether or not this club could garner D1 scholarships. The question was answered. Once again, I will call you a fool if you think clubs like saying goodbye to players...even if they are moving up. It's simply not true. It costs them money and prestige. They do not want these players to leave and they have no choice but to fake happiness about it. I know regional coaches who are pissed when kids move to the state teams and that's within the same club.

Comment

Are you calling SPOL a "starter club"? Why don't you walk into BG's office and tell him that. Report back. Be interested to see what he says.

Comment

This isn't about anger. The question was put forth, whether or not this club could garner D1 scholarships. The question was answered. Once again, I will call you a fool if you think clubs like saying goodbye to players...even if they are moving up. It's simply not true. It costs them money and prestige. They do not want these players to leave and they have no choice but to fake happiness about it. I know regional coaches who are pissed when kids move to the state teams and that's within the same club.
                      While rare, we were told that we had advanced beyond what they could offer us. So, we were welcome to stay, but to further her progress she needed to be in a higher league than they could offer at that time and in that age group (other groups happened to be OK).

I credit the club for a) Taking her that far; and b) Not trying to hold her in jail.

No, the club was not SPOL and I would say most of the TS-Slammers would be surprised which club it was.

Comment

While rare, we were told that we had advanced beyond what they could offer us. So, we were welcome to stay, but to further her progress she needed to be in a higher league than they could offer at that time and in that age group (other groups happened to be OK).

I credit the club for a) Taking her that far; and b) Not trying to hold her in jail.

No, the club was not SPOL and I would say most of the TS-Slammers would be surprised which club it was.
                        I have had the same thing said to me about my kid. It was also, not SPOL. I will say that when we sat down and had the discussion, the club director flat out told us that he hated that we were moving on, but that he could no longer offer what was needed.

Comment

Are you calling SPOL a "starter club"? Why don't you walk into BG's office and tell him that. Report back. Be interested to see what he says.
                          It was. Not anymore.

Comment

Galway Rovers for the win.

Comment

Galway Rovers for the win.
                              Ha, no. Much, much, MUCH bigger than that.

Comment

It was. Not anymore.
                                Still is until they can develop a higher level of play sorry to say.......had some great teams and players but as with any club if you can't offer the players a higher level then they will seek it out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X