http://www.soccerwire.com/news/leagu...ctor-position/
    I am totally shocked.
    21.05%
    I always assumed Region 1 was crooked.
    73.68%
    What's Region 1?
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

You mean region 1 is criminal in addition to incompetent? Does this solve the mystery of why ODP is so expensive and Region 1 plays all of its events in out-of-the-way venues with horrific field conditions?

Comment

Wow, that's an eye-opener.

Comment

Not surprised

My guess is there was some serious kick backs from hotels or other business for giving ri the tournament and all the money that went into the local economy

Limited checks and balances.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You mean region 1 is criminal in addition to incompetent? Does this solve the mystery of why ODP is so expensive and Region 1 plays all of its events in out-of-the-way venues with horrific field conditions?
          Certainly looks that way huh? Crazy stuff for an organization so large.

As someone who has been a treasurer for multiple for-profits and non-profits, who the heck was looking at their books? Even our little town rec programs get audited by volunteer accountants. Or did he just walk all over everyone with his "forceful personality"?

Comment

Who is surprised by this? Seriously. Take the poll above.

Comment

The answers to the poll question aren't adequate. Need more and better options. I'm not "surpirised" but neither did I expect region 1 to be a crooked fraud.

nowadays you'll. Eric hard pressed to find people surprised by anything.

Comment

The answers to the poll question aren't adequate. Need more and better options. I'm not "surpirised" but neither did I expect region 1 to be a crooked fraud.

nowadays you'll. Eric hard pressed to find people surprised by anything.
                ...you'll be hard pressed to find people surpirised by anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1340101]The answers to the poll question aren't adequate. Need more and better options. I'm not "surpirised" but neither did I expect region 1 to be a crooked fraud.

agree - as in "I always knew they were incompetent"

Comment

So if I'm reading the article correctly, the top guy leaves as does the top administrator and her daughter? Financial impropriety? Does this also mean the ODP Camp will be in Pennsylvania next year?

Comment

So if I'm reading the article correctly, the top guy leaves as does the top administrator and her daughter? Financial impropriety? Does this also mean the ODP Camp will be in Pennsylvania next year?
                      Doesn't seem to be too much surprise that Region 1 has run itself onto the rocks. They will scramble to try to keep the ODP revenue rolling in as well as the Region 1 Premier League (with B and C teams from the massive clubs). I give both of those programs a couple years before they totally expire. It will take some people a while to understand that Region 1 is sinking like a stone.

Comment

Looks like he is line for promotion within FIFA.

Comment

Looks like he is line for promotion within FIFA.
                          FIFA sees a resume like that and says: "now there's a guy who knows how to get things done..."

Comment

Tip of the proverbial iceberg. How Region 1 has been run for a long time. Ditto CJSA.

Very small people getting into positions at the "right time" and milking the growth for all it's worth. Sadly no one did anything until the sins were so egregious they were impossible to ignore. At one time, Region 1 tournament was one of the top events in the country. Despite ever mounting critique, Region 1 chose to continue with a formula that paved their own demise. Now they are left with with virtually nothing except a "good housekeeping" badge of a Region 1 ODP player - still with some cache, but far from once it was. Not so many years ago a Region 1 ODP player could write her own ticket.

CJSA operates with the same mindset. It's all about money and perceived power.

Comment

I would love to see the forensics from the CJSS/FSS deal. We would see the same result.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X