Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Try Outs

Have try outs this week for club, and of course the weekend ODP try outs.
    Anyone excited? Anyone pulling out this year? Any new faces going to try this year?

GOOD LUCK to each kid come next week, club and/or ODP!!

Good luck to all the boys and girls trying out this weekend for ODP!

Comment

Day 1 of the G95 ODP tryouts are over. Major reduction in the amount of players turning out. Many of the same faces there but, it was nice to see some new faces on the field.

It looked like the G94 numbers were down also.

Comment

I was amazed to see only 4 teams (Orange, Black, Yellow, Green) for the '95's. If I remember, last year we had 7.

Best of luck to those trying out!

Cheers :)

Comment

I think that the economy has something to do with the low numbers, especially for those on successful club teams. The tournaments outside of Oregon aren't cheap to attend. Also the fact that some kids have been to try outs for a couple of years and not made the roster eventually takes its toll.

Comment

and for the fact the kids that that make the roster and not playing much. Ends up being a lot of money for little play time.
            Heard a few Vancouver kids decided to try out in Washington.

Boys looked down as well. Did over hear Erik mention to someone that he had 500 kids out today. This is both boys and girls, not much if you think about it. But then again each year the numbers go down so I suppose one would say it is a great number.

Comment

21 field players will be picked, and 3 - 4 goalies.
              4 fielded teams at try outs, so looking like 2 teams in, 2 teams out.
              A lot of new faces added a lot of hard decisions for coaches it looks like or I suppose easy choices for them?

Good luck to all the girls (oh yeah, and the boys)!

Comment

Of the 18 that went to Regional camp only 4 did not return for the G95's.
                Any predictions as to whether the remaining 14 will make the make the team this year?

Comment

I saw tryouts on Saturday but did not go Sunday. It was nice to see some new faces but also sad to see some that did not return.
                  Of the 18 that went to Regional camp only 4 did not return for the G95's.

Any predictions as to whether the remaining 14 will make the make the team this year?

Comment

I will take a stabbing guess of the remaining 14 I would say maybe 2 - 3 girls will not get picked again. Many new faces and since they are only taking 21 field players there were too many good kids out there to be over looked.

Only time will tell to see who were picked and who were cut.

Comment

So the bulk of the rosters are out and there are some fresh faces there. Good for OR ODP that new kids are coming out in all the age groups.

Comment

I see 5 or 6 girls from Washington, I thought some one said there wasn't very many girls from Wa. this year. Isn't that about how many they had last year.

Comment

Two players from the Timbers (wash) did not return. All the other wash players returned and made the team. One new wash player was added. There was 8 from wash last year and this year there are 7.

Comment

Odp

I just don't get it. I watched all the 96 tryouts and I'm surprise on who made it. There is a girl that made it that couldn't make it on a Gold team. I know she tried out for a gold and didn't make it. Now she is on ODP as a defender when I saw many more qualified defenders out there. What are they looking for or are politics a real part of it.

Comment

It is the same head coach as last year so he must know the group pretty well?! There were plenty of evaluators watching the 96 group too so i am sure that all kids got a good look. Who knows how they pick the roster but i am not sure that politics can be blamed for kids missing out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X