Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day weekend

Good Luck this weekend at all the tournaments! Looks like great weather for soccer. Be sure to post the scores on this website (you know how long it takes for some tournament websites to post results, the Cape Cod challange still has not posted the final results) :D

Both Stars and Bandits Cup have posted results already.

Comment

Got links?

Comment

Bandits Cup - http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=1261

Stars - http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=1541

Comment

info?

Hi,

Anybody know who "Green Machine" is in Bandits 14 Premier A? Specifically, do they go by another name in league play?

Comment

Anyone know how the Stars tournament is awarding points? I see that in the U14 girls bracket the first place team (Stars) already has 18 points after two games. Figuring 3 points for each win, is the rest goal differential? Even then the points don't add up.

They won both their games 1-0 and 6-0. Are there points awarded for shutouts?

Comment

Game Points[list=1]Games will be scored as follows:
              1. 6 points for a win
              2. 3 points for a tie[/*:m:11wsz9xl]
              3. 1 point for a shutout (including 0-0)[/*:m:11wsz9xl]
              4. 0 point for a loss[/*:m:11wsz9xl]
              5. 1 point for each goal scored (maximum of 3 per game)[/*:m:11wsz9xl]
              6. 1 point deducted for each red card received[/*:m:11wsz9xl]
              [/*:m:11wsz9xl][*]In the event a team forfeits a game, the opponent will be credited with a 1-0 score and awarded 8 points (6 for the win, 1 for the goal, and 1 for the shutout). Teams are allowed a maximum of 10 minutes from game time to forfeit time. A team will be allowed to play with a minimum of 8 players. No points will be awarded if neither team show up.[/*:m:11wsz9xl][*]The Tournament Director will decide if the team that has forfeited a game will be allowed to continue to play in the tournament.[/*:m:11wsz9xl][/list:o:11wsz9xl]

Comment

Originally posted by MASoccer
                Anyone know how the Stars tournament is awarding points? I see that in the U14 girls bracket the first place team (Stars) already has 18 points after two games. Figuring 3 points for each win, is the rest goal differential? Even then the points don't add up.

They won both their games 1-0 and 6-0. Are there points awarded for shutouts?
                Presumably, they are using the ten-point system:

win = 6

tie = 3

loss = 0

shutout = 1

and

1 pt for each goal *scored* up to a maximum of 3 pts.

Sometimes points are deducted for red cards.

(At least that is the system I am used to seeing: there may be others.)

So a 3-0 win (or a 6-0 win) gets 6 (win) + 1 (shutout) + 3 (goals scored) = 10.

A 1-0 win would give the same thing, except only 1 point for the goal scored, making 8.

This system seems to be more popular in the west and in the south. I haven't seen a lot of tournaments in the northeast that use it.

From what I can figure, its main advantage is that it makes ties in the standings much less likely. I'm not a big fan of it, frankly.

Comment

Why Farmington Bank Shootout (Scorpions)

Can someone explain why the Scorpions are traveling to the Farmington CT Tournament? They have a lot of teams attending a tournament which looks like it has mostly town teams from CT?

Seems like a waste of $$$ for the parents when there are far better tournaments locally? Why waste the money on a hotel?

http://www.fsbshootout.com/u12g_classic_sched.htm

Why waste the money on a hotel?

Comment

Can someone explain why the Scorpions are traveling to the Farmington CT Tournament? They have a lot of teams attending a tournament which looks like it has mostly town teams from CT?

Seems like a waste of $$$ for the parents when there are far better tournaments locally? Why waste the money on a hotel?
                    Because they wanted to?

Comment

Originally posted by Vman971

Because they wanted to?
                      I cannot imagine Scorpion parents or players wanting to travel that far just to run up the scores on some local town teams. I am really surprised the Scorpions have so many of their teams attending this out of town "town" tournament. The Scorpions usually spend their parents' money more wisely then this. It looks like they have some of their top teams at this tournament.

Comment

Re: Why Farmington Bank Shootout (Scorpions)

Originally posted by Anonymous

Maybe it's a good team building, bonding, confidence-boosting,no pressure, get to know your teamates, FUN, way to spend a weekend.

Comment

Re: Why Farmington Bank Shootout (Scorpions)

Maybe it's a good team building, bonding, confidence-boosting,no pressure, get to know your teamates, FUN, way to spend a weekend.
                          I don't understand the question. Farmington CT is not that far away. What's local to you, a One, two or three hour drive? You have to be kidding!

Comment

Just got back from watching my daughters team's at Stars tournament. We stayed most of the day. Magnificent facility, very well organised. Each team was given a their own warm up area on the grass fields, let me tell you that was a big hit with my daughters coach. I think this tournament is here for many years to come. Seemed to be a lot of out of state teams their, I saw PDA from NJ(unbelievable technique for 11 year old girls), CFC, Yankee, East Meadow (I think), a team caled Levittown from NY in the U13s who where very very good.

Comment

Almost all the U14 and younger Scorpions teams attend Farmington together as a club building activity. We have teams at multiple age groups and levels. It is a challenge to find a tournament that has appropriate competition for all of them. We settled on Farmington last year. All the teams stay in the same hotel. It was a huge success in terms of player enjoyment and the parents enjoyed it as well.

This year the overall strength of the other teams in the tournament isnt as good. Next year all SSC teams will apply to the Stars tournament to support them. We will seek a different overnight tournament for club building.

This year the top U13 and 14 girls teams attended Stars instead of Farmington.

Fred M.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X